• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Gary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Solrac

Before everyone starts laughing & pointing, know I haven't watched regularly since the mid Jhoto Journeys eps. Last time I saw he was a bamf with my favorite Pokemon (Umbreon) who wouldn't even give Jessie & James the time of day.

I imagine Ash in all his main character glory beat him finally, spectacularally? Or he gave up & went back home....

Spoil me folks.

Red and Blue

Well ash beat him in the johto league and he went on to become a researcher like his grandfather. He makes a few appearances in the AG and DP series.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I also think Gary is busy doing research now. I mean he did seem to have made some interesting and noteworthy advances in Pokemon research including reviving an Aerodactyl using a machine. Most of the fossil Pokemon are shown to be reawaken in some other way. The fossil resurrection machine has been seen very few times and the only other notable Pokemon to come out of it was the one Archen.

It's a shame really that Gary decided to become a researcher. He was a killer trainer. Remember some of the Pokémon he raised? Arcanine, Nidoking, Umbreon. He was awesome.

DJDave189

The last time I saw Gary was back during the D&P Series. Kinda hope they would bring him back again. He's a really cool character. IMO

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
yeah he kicks ashs ***
So much he not only finished a lower ranking in the League than Ash back in Kanto then he got beat by Ash in Johto and it weighed so badly on him that he realized being a Gym-League battler wasn't for him. What a real *** kicking.

Ballzeh

I never understood the "Gary case". He lost vs Ash on Johto league and decided to be a researcher and he becomes one in D/P but... How old is he in D/P ? Cause if he started his journey when he was 10 (like Ash), how did he manage to become a researcher so quickly ? :eek: It is brainf***ing me x)

But yeah, i agree ! It is a shame he didnt continue to be a trainer... The Pokemon he raised were awesome !

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They did the unthinkable-they ignored his girth

N00BYninja25

Ninja Boy
I think Gary should come back as well. Ash doesn't really have a rival in XY. I know the new opening shows a new rival, but how cool would it be if all of a sudden Ash runs into Gary who is also exploring Kalos for research and they become rivals again.

Biornha

I think Gary should come back as well. Ash doesn't really have a rival in XY. I know the new opening shows a new rival, but how cool would it be if all of a sudden Ash runs into Gary who is also exploring Kalos for research and they become rivals again.

Meh I don't think Gary would become his new rival to be honest, I hope so but I think writers won't do it because they were good friends the last time he was arround. Also I think Tierno is growing to become a rival (reading the upcomming episode titels) and not the kid with the treecko, so far I know he is just a starting trainer so I don't see him as Rival yet.

I would die to see Gary return though he had a nice attitude and knew stuff because he helped Oak a lot and learned from him, maybe he is a key to the mega evolution I hope Ash will get (yeah it was the biggest hype in XY and even in the origin series Red [SPOIL] gained a charizard stone out of nowhere from mr Fuji [/SPOIL] ) as well..

Bring back Gary though :3

N00BYninja25

Ninja Boy
Plot twist! Even though Ash never ages, old friends age and the new trainer is Max! He is taking notes to figure Ash out and beat him. (This will never happen)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
He lost to Ash in the Johto league, realised that he couldn't cut it as a trainer and instead went on to follow in his grandfathers footsteps, becoming a researcher.

He later showed up at the end of the Battle Frontier saga, where he battled Ash's Pikachu with his Electivire and won.. then appeared at various points throughout the Team Galactic plot in Sinnoh, also providing Ash with the Razor Fang that he needed to evolve his Gligar..

He hasn't been seen since the Sinnoh Saga though, so lord knows where he is now.. but yeah, he'll still be researching..

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Since you're asking for facts, this kind of question would belong in this thread.

Also, since it has been answered I'm gonna close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.