• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Mewtwo?

ray243

I was wondering one thing, was Mewtwo captured by the Team Rocket elite at the end of FireRed and LeafGreen Arc?

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
No I don't think so he probably teleported away

ShinyPalkia

Sird captured him, I guess so. At least when she shot a beam from some kind of a ball towards Deoxys, Mewtwo and the Dexholders jumped in the way, and after that we haven't seen Mewtwo yet the kids were stoned by the beam.

ray243

I thought that Sird said something like she have captured something just as nice as Dexoy or something like that?

It's extremely sad to see mewtwo getting captured by Team Rocket once again.

ShinyPalkia

She said "Something unexpected happened when they were struck by the attack intended for Deoxys... Deoxys has escaped, but it seems I have reaped something of equal value in return.", if I'm not mistaken. After saying that, she just smiled, said "Goodbye for ever, my dear Pokédex owners." and left.

By Team Rocket, maybe - maybe not. Archie said that the person who gave him the set of armor and sword was a person named Galactic, though he could only say "Gal" before disappearing. But from what Archie said, we can guess Sird is actually a member of Team Galactic. But nothing is official yet. o_o'

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
It's most likely Mewtwo just teleported away.

Sird's statement was due to the fact that the Dex Holders, major enemies, had been turned to stone.

It's unknown what happened to Mewtwo, so it either just teleported away or was sent to some random place to become a plot device.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
tbh, I am not sure about Mewtwo's fate. Sird's statement was vague, maybe intentionaly so? I think the writers wanted to keep an option for Mewtwo to return later if necessary but also to have a simpler reason (glee at the Dex Holders' turned to stone) if they chose to go w/ a different plot. Right now I feel they have plenty other legends that will be dealt w/ before Mewtwo returns.

Ryousha

She said "Something unexpected happened when they were struck by the attack intended for Deoxys... Deoxys has escaped, but it seems I have reaped something of equal value in return.", if I'm not mistaken. After saying that, she just smiled, said "Goodbye for ever, my dear Pokédex owners." and left.

By Team Rocket, maybe - maybe not. Archie said that the person who gave him the set of armor and sword was a person named Galactic, though he could only say "Gal" before disappearing. But from what Archie said, we can guess Sird is actually a member of Team Galactic. But nothing is official yet. o_o'

The Set Armor Was Sird if you people actually have the volume ( I do) in order to obtain he Archie killed Maxie. Major Spoilers, btw.

Mewtwo is rumored to have shielded the others causing them to turn to stone.

I think its logical. Mewtwo never used teleport in the manga, Ever.

Plus Sird dies I think.
The Ice on her from Lorelei is extremely dangerous and you can see it freezing her body at the end. And After the freezing, she said farewell dear pokedex owner and you can see the words similiar to : Shatter or something.

Last edited:

GriZzm0

Pokemon Genetic
Personally, I think Mewtwo is just coldblooded.
Mew is better than Mettwo, but when I was smaller (12) I thought that Mew evolved into Mewtwo.

I guess they don't evolve from or to each other at all.

:(

Ryousha

Personally, I think Mewtwo is just coldblooded.
Mew is better than Mettwo, but when I was smaller (12) I thought that Mew evolved into Mewtwo.

I guess they don't evolve from or to each other at all.

:(

How is mewtwo coldhearted? I mean he is at R/G/B/ but later on he's a cool dude and help take down Team Rocket.

If you ask me whos cruel is Archie and Maxie.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Basically, Mewtwo has dissapeared for the moment so he can either

A) become a future plot device

B) Show up as a deux ex machina later on.

I personally think it's B.

Albo58

Gone...
Mewtwo got away from the time being.

Anyway one day he'll star in another movie with all the legendarys.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Was that a joke? Otherwise you are confusing Mewtwo from the 1st movie & DTV sequel Mewtwo Returns w/ the manga.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
you want to know what happened to mewtwo?

I captured him!!! mwhaahahahahaha!

annnnyways, i think mewtwo was abducted by team rocket and was taken back to have his memories erased, so he could help team rocket.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The real answer to what happened to Mewtwo?

HE FELL INTO A PLOT HOLE, TO BE USED AS A PLOT DEVICE/DEUX EX MACHINA LATER ON.

THAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
well, thats a bit strange, but you have a point.

kudo_shinichi

Captured

Of course Mewtwo was captured! What's all that nonsense about teleporting? It is attacking Sird along with Pokedex Owners one second and running away in fear second after? Does that make sense? Answer - not at all. Because of Deoxys battle it was very weak - also Sird's Ball didn't look like a normal Pokeball/Greatball/Ultraball whatever. What kind of ball uses such beam to do a long-distance Pokemon capture? Mewtwo was captured, and is now in Team Galactic filthy hands!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Of course Mewtwo was captured! What's all that nonsense about teleporting? It is attacking Sird along with Pokedex Owners one second and running away in fear second after? Does that make sense? Answer - not at all. Because of Deoxys battle it was very weak - also Sird's Ball didn't look like a normal Pokeball/Greatball/Ultraball whatever. What kind of ball uses such beam to do a long-distance Pokemon capture? Mewtwo was captured, and is now in Team Galactic filthy hands!

Someone doesn't check up on facts much.

Alright, first off. Teleporting away certainly isn't running away in fear, especially if half the city's population is about to rush to where you are.

Mewtwo needs to lay low, remember?

Second, the pokeball Sird used was the pokeball Deoxys was originally in from what I can tell (The beam of light that came out makes sense if it's just the return beam). So no, she wasn't trying to capture Deoxys, she was trying to return it.

That basically makes it impossible for Mewtwo to have been captured.

Besides, Mewtwo was captured before, and its personality remained intact. Even if Sird somehow captured it, it would run at the nearest opportunity.

IN OTHER WORDS, MEWTWO FELL INTO A PLOT HOLE TO BE USED AS A FUTURE PLOT DEVICE/DEUS EX MACHINA! UNDERSTAND YET?

SmartD

I've thinking about that too. Hopefully they'll go into that in the HG/SS arc of the manga.

Darkxninga

I really wanna know what happened to Mewtwo. If hes all fighting his little self off and battling to the death, then he disappears with a trace what happened to him o_o he was shown A-lot so its impossible he was forgotten. Only 2 opinions here:

1. He was captured unknownly by Sird/TR (even though she made that weird statement that was said in a earlier post)
2. He teleported unknownly somehow during all the chaos