• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Mewtwo?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't think anyone knows where Mewtwo went besides the author (Hidenori Kusaka) and illustrator (Satoshi Yamamoto), lol. The "disappearance" of Mewtwo and petrification of the Pokedex holders are left as cliffhangers, probably going to be resolved in the Diamond and Pearl chapter.

The Pokeball was made by Team Rocket, so it definitely is a "special ball," lol. That Pokeball, used by Sird in order to disable Deoxys, unleashed a powerful energy beam, which the Pokedex holders (and Mewtwo?) blocked with their bodies, and therefore, were turned to stone.

I don't know why the energy caused the Pokedex holders to turn to stone, but the energy must have been powerful, since the Pokeball, like I said before, was made by Team Rocket. The Pokeball was probably manufactured with the idea of capturing Deoxys or another powerful Pokemon in mind; and since Pokemon have a stronger will to survive than humans, the energy must have overwhelmed the Pokedex holders' bodies. And of course, every cliffhanger is supposed to make the plot interesting. XD
What are you talking about?

The Diamond and Pearl chapter finished almost two years ago.

We know what happened to Mewtwo. He chased after Sird, but she managed to escape.

His current whereabouts are unknown.

Last edited:

Macromind101

What are you talking about?

The Diamond and Pearl chapter finished almost two years ago.

We know what happened to Mewtwo. He chased after Sird, but she managed to escape.

His current whereabouts are unknown.

So his current status is still a mystery (well, not as much as it was before Sird explained some backstories in the DP arc). Well, it's not like he's in danger but it hasn't been revealed to the audience that Mewtwo found out that the petrified dexholders are fine now...if he was one of the passengers on the boats at the end of the Emerald arc then that would solve it (but then again that would spoil the mystery of what happened to him after Sird fired that beam at that time). So for all we know Mewtwo may probably be still flying around trying to find Sird still thinking that confronting her will cure the petrifications of the Dexholders. And isn't there a signature move for Mewtwo introduced in Generation V? Shouldn't he be present in order to show off that move? Mewtwo's whereabouts are still, at best, a mystery, even though a lot of questions got answered recently.

Weedy Spyze

I really don't care enough to find out what happened to Mewtwo tbh. Although I reckon we might see him show up somewhere during one of the fifth gen arcs, so the manga can shop around Psystrike for a bit.

Macromind101

I really don't care enough to find out what happened to Mewtwo tbh. Although I reckon we might see him show up somewhere during one of the fifth gen arcs, so the manga can shop around Psystrike for a bit.

well tbh I can't see Mewtwo appearing in any of the Gen V chapters (or at least the ones whose games are currently out) since he's not relevant to any of the plots. Maybe he makes a brief appearance in HGSS and show off Psystrike to foreshadow Gen V? There were a few instances in the manga where the last chapter of a Generation foreshadowed an element in the next generation like Green's Snubull and Sird's mention of Galactic...

G-SANtos

well tbh I can't see Mewtwo appearing in any of the Gen V chapters (or at least the ones whose games are currently out) since he's not relevant to any of the plots. Maybe he makes a brief appearance in HGSS and show off Psystrike to foreshadow Gen V? There were a few instances in the manga where the last chapter of a Generation foreshadowed an element in the next generation like Green's Snubull and Sird's mention of Galactic...
It's obvious that Saque won't be finished off in HGSS, so I believe she'll be an antagonist in BW2. Done, here is the connection between Gen V and Mewtwo, now they just need to have him appearing there to use the move.

Ludger

スポック
Mewtwo exploded,face the fact that he's dead because he comitted suicide after Ash and Mew defeated Mewtwo.

Wrong section my friend. This is manga, not the anime. If this is the anime we all knew that ^^