• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Raikou?

I've noticed about Raikou that he doesn't get as much attention as Suicune or Entei. Like the other two got their own movie to be in(Entei: Pokemon 3:spell of the unown and Suicune: Pokemon 4ever) but Raikou never got a moive with him in it. In the normal anime Entei and suicune appear mulitple times Raikou only appears twice(excluding the legend of thunder) and in the houndoom episode you only see him for a breif second. Entei and Suicune appeared in mulitple normal episodes. One last thing yesterday I was watch the begining of Pokemon: The rise of Darkrai and in the begining it was showing the rundown of ledgendaries and it showed everyone including Entei and Suicune, but no Raikou...

I just wanted to hear you opinion about this.......

(;244; ;245;)_______________________________;243;

J-boogie200

I wonder why as well, but hopefully we'll see more of it in the future. I can totally see Brandon capturing it.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well if you want to get technical, Entei didn't have a movie since the one in the 3rd movie was an illusion by the Unown. But yeah, it got its name in the title.

I donno. I'm surprised Raikou didn't get at least a cameo like how Kyogre did in 9.

Well if you want to get technical, Entei didn't have a movie since the one in the 3rd movie was an illusion by the Unown. But yeah, it got its name in the title.

I donno. I'm surprised Raikou didn't get at least a cameo like how Kyogre did in 9.

Ok you're right but Entei has more episodes then the other two.

Vernikova

Champion
I don't see a reason why Raikou hasn't been in as much episodes and such as Entei or Suicune. In the future, it might be included more to promote HeartGold and SoulSilver but after that I don't know what it could do after that. At least it received a special though.

I don't see a reason why Raikou hasn't been in as much episodes and such as Entei or Suicune. In the future, it might be included more to promote HeartGold and SoulSilver but after that I don't know what it could do after that. At least it received a special though.

I wouldn't count on it...

I've noticed about Raikou that he doesn't get as much attention as Suicune or Entei. Like the other two got their own movie to be in(Entei: Pokemon 3:spell of the unown and Suicune: Pokemon 4ever) but Raikou never got a moive with him in it. In the normal anime Entei and suicune appear mulitple times Raikou only appears twice(excluding the legend of thunder) and in the houndoom episode you only see him for a breif second. Entei and Suicune appeared in mulitple normal episodes. One last thing yesterday I was watch the begining of Pokemon: The rise of Darkrai and in the begining it was showing the rundown of ledgendaries and it showed everyone including Entei and Suicune, but no Raikou...

I just wanted to hear you opinion about this.......

(;244; ;245;)_______________________________;243;

answer in bold....

The Legend of Thunder was an entire special dedicated to Raikou. Isn't that something?

Yay I leveled up!!

Well ok I'll give you that but you must admit he's not given as much attention as Suicune or Entei which is what this thread is focusing on...

Yeti

Banned
Well, Suicune probably got more attention (I think Cune's had more episodes than Entei) because he was the Crystal mascot.
Entei was probably chosen for the third movie because he does look more 'fatherly' and 'cute' than Raikou does. You have to admit Raikou is probably the least 'attractive' of the dogs, like he's not as cute as Suicune and Entei.

Entei also has the type correlation with Ho-Oh, and it's easier to do episodes about hot springs or lava or volcanoes or whatever, allowing Entei to be in it, than thunder, lightning and more thunder for Raikou.

I admit I am sad Raikou didn't get as many appearences he was a good guy.

Well, Suicune probably got more attention (I think Cune's had more episodes than Entei) because he was the Crystal mascot.
Entei was probably chosen for the third movie because he does look more 'fatherly' and 'cute' than Raikou does. You have to admit Raikou is probably the least 'attractive' of the dogs, like he's not as cute as Suicune and Entei.

Entei also has the type correlation with Ho-Oh, and it's easier to do episodes about hot springs or lava or volcanoes or whatever, allowing Entei to be in it, than thunder, lightning and more thunder for Raikou.

I admit I am sad Raikou didn't get as many appearences he was a good guy.

No Entei was in more episodes then Suicune, but you are right about the third movie and Entei.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
No Entei was in more episodes then Suicune, but you are right about the third movie and Entei.
Entei got one episode at the tail end of Johto. Suicune got an episode in late Johto, an episode in early Sinnoh, and a minor cameo in Johto's first episode. Episode-wise, Suicune has had more.

PkmnmstrJJ

Raiku did have the pokemon chronicles if that counts for anything at all?
Suicune was always the favorite cause of Crystal
Entai was around cause FIRE seems to be afavorite for the writers and to have charizard shoot fire matches with meh raiku was just seriously over looked in the long run and we might see him later on... or not

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
i think it is because he isn't as popular as the other 2 legendiarys are. i think that because his power is thunder, and since pikachu is an electric mouse, they desided that there is enough lighting in this series... also not that easy to make a shory out of...but they could have used him instead of zapdos in :

Zapdos and the Crystal! Secret of the Lake!

they could have used him there...but whatever...

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
the list of legendarys was list of beginning to end of each legendary which had starred in a movie from the first one till the last one that's why raikou wasn't there.

and he had a 3 episodes special, he's lucky to get that.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I do think Raikou may appear in the future, although the question we should all be asking is why Latias, Latios, Jirachi and Rayquaza are yet to have proper features in episodes?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
the question we should all be asking is why Latias, Latios, Jirachi and Rayquaza are yet to have proper features in episodes?

Since Jirachi are only awake for a week every thousand years the chances of seeing two in a lifetime are extremely low. We all know Ash is lucky in the sense that he's seeing legendary that people spend their whole lives looking for passing through a meadow one day but how far does his luck extend?

As for the other three ... well ... it's starting what's bound to be a trend of non-featured legendaries because there's simply too many of them being released in Generations these days. I'm getting the feeling they'll miss featuring some Sinnoh Legendaries, too. Shaymin, Heatran, and Acreus seem vulnerable.

... I'm surprised Phione got an episode.

I've noticed one more thing in one of the johto opening theme songs it shows Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, and Suicune, but still no Raikou...