• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Sird???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macromind101

Okay so Pokemon Adventures Volumes 40 and 41 recently came out concluding the Platinum chapter and starting the HGSS chapter (and only three years after the games ). I'm really glad though that they added a few more stuff to the HGSS chapter though. In the magazine runs it was awfully bleak. I'm glad though that the Kanto dexholders all made cameos (save for Yellow). Better flashbacks then nothing. They definitely deserve some sort of appearance since they appeared in the games. But if spiky-eared Pichu does not appear then I'm gonna be mad. (not only does he deserve to appear in the manga since Gold's Pichu could possibly fill in for the Pikachu-colored Pichu but also he holds the Zap Plate in the games which is a crucial element in the manga) And Giovanni should really not be considered missing in the manga since in the games he and Silver met in that route so that should have happened in the manga in a way. I also do hope he will be located in the Tohjo Falls within the chapter. But one thing that is my biggest question for the manga is WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED/WILL HAPPEN TO SIRD???

Let's recap. Sird pretended to be loyal to Team Rocket but her true intentions were to capture Deoxys for her real boss, Cyrus of Team Galactic. And a little before that, she offered the armor and sword of Sinnoh legends to Archie and Maxie because she didn't want pure evil to be "wasted" like that. Within Team Galactic, she brainwashed the cloaked grunt so that she could get the Sinnoh Pokedexes. Recently known, she had Darkrai but released it in the Distortion World because she couldn't control it and had no use for it. But let's face the facts. Sird has lasted WAY TOO LONG. Most Pokemon Adventures villains last one generation if not just one chapter (save for Giovanni because he's sorta special). It did raise some questions and opened a cliffhanger when Sird somehow petrified the Dexholders and was revealed to be responsible for the chaos in the Emerald chapter and was brought back for answers after what, five or six years? Sure, it is pretty cool that Sird is the only character in the entire franchise to be somehow connected to all four villainous teams of the first four generations but let's be honest, her being connected to Galactic didn't really lead to anything. Sure, she appeared alongside the commanders in the last few chapters of the DP chapter where her past motivations are explained but that's all that happened. She didn't even appear in the Platinum chapter save for one cameo. And that's the chapter where Galactic is seemingly cancelled. Maybe if she was the greater evil in the HGSS chapter (the one really leading the Rocket generals) and that's where's she'll finally be defeated once and for all then it will be suiting that she survived this long. But that's not going to happen since there's only one volume left and it most likely won't deter too much from the magazine runs. Let's face it, Sird really doesn't have anywhere else to appear in the manga without it seemingly being an a**pull (unless SHE'S actually the greater evil behind Plasma, that would explain EVERYTHING!!! *sarcasm*) Sird's time really has passed a long time ago and the writers really need to finish her off soon, imo.

Weedy Spyze

Red made a cameo in volume 41? Cool, when and what kind of cameo?

And I pretty much agree with you when it comes to Sird. She was cool in FRLG, I wouldn't rewrite that arc's ending in any way, but since then she has certainly outlived her welcome in my eyes. Her connection to Team Galactic seemed random and unnecessary, and with so many new villains and the deeper plots going on in the games, I think it's much more interesting to see what the manga can do with those characters instead of seeing boring old Sird, as you said, pulling herself out of her own a** and revealing whatever to be some convulated plan of her's. She needs to be killed off or otherwise taken out of the picture, and soon.

MistyMayDawn

Pokémon Coordinator

And I pretty much agree with you when it comes to Sird. She was cool in FRLG, I wouldn't rewrite that arc's ending in any way, but since then she has certainly outlived her welcome in my eyes. Her connection to Team Galactic seemed random and unnecessary, and with so many new villains and the deeper plots going on in the games, I think it's much more interesting to see what the manga can do with those characters instead of seeing boring old Sird, as you said, pulling herself out of her own a** and revealing whatever to be some convulated plan of her's. She needs to be killed off or otherwise taken out of the picture, and soon.
It was a flashback of him and Gold training at Mt. Silver.

Macromind101

Yes, I agree 100%. And here's another thing about Sird: she's not even that great a villain. She seems to follow a pattern of first seeming like a bada** character by performing an evil that seemingly looks like something dark enough that only the manga can pull off only to reveal itself as not that big a deal at the end. For example, while at first appearance it looks like she's merely Giovanni's henchman it is revealed at the end that she has a motive of her own by somehow petrifying the dexholders (even Silver, meaning she's not any more loyal to Giovanni's cause than Carr was) with a mysterious device and when she says that although she failed to capture Deoxys, she achieved something of "equal value". Judging by Mewtwo's sudden disappearance and his position when she fired the device, it was possible that she captured Mewtwo instead and was referring to him when she mentioned the equal value. At the end of the Emerald chapter, it looked like she may have access to weapons beyond the normal human being when she somehow gave Archie the devices needed for survival. It also looked like she had her own evil motive by doing that (expanding upon her betrayal of Team Rocket). Furthermore at the end, it was revealed that she had connections to Galactic, which made her one of the most mysterious characters in the manga for about 5 more years. But her revelations at the end of the DP arc was the start of the letdown. First off, it is revealed that all of Sird's past motives was for Galactic's sake instead of her own. Therefore, she was Cyrus's ***** all along. It was also revealed that she didn't even capture Mewtwo or even do any harm to him. When she said she achieved something of "equal value" she really meant she simply discovered the mechanism for petrification meaning that people who thought she was responsible for Mewtwo's disappearance somehow was simply looking too deep into things (they are not to blame though, it could have led to something great). But there is a few thing that still gave Sird credentials. First, it was because of her that the cloaked grunt was pursuing the Pokedexes. That is quite a plot-twister. Second, it is revealed that she owns a Darkrai, the Pokemon that most closely resembles the devil (as far as a children's game could get). That also could have led to something. But both of those let the potential of Sird down. Despite the cloaked grunt succeeding in stealing the Pokedexes, what came out of that in Sird's favor? Nothing, he simply regained his consciousness and gave the Sinnoh dexholders their Pokedexes back. Sird worked so hard to get what she wanted but she didn't even get to touch them. And what's more, it looks like Sird didn't have the power to fully control Darkrai. She couldn't control it so it was released. Really, she might as well have never had it in the first place. -_- But Charon, one of the most lamest Pokemon villains imo was able to control it. Meaning that CHARON has more evil in him than Sird. And like I said before, the Platinum chapter is where Galactic, Sird's true loyalty, is disbanded but she doesn't even appear there, let alone be completely defeated. It would have made sense if she was the greater evil in the HGSS chapter that would have gave her the opportunity to make up for all the previous letdowns but not even that is going to happen. Sird's time has officially passed and she's not dead/defeated yet. And like I said, although she had numerous moments where she seemed like a hardcore villain with great evil intentions they all led to her turning out to be letdowns at the end.

Ludger

スポック
Maybe if she was the greater evil in the HGSS chapter (the one really leading the Rocket generals) and that's where's she'll finally be defeated once and for all then it will be suiting that she survived this long. But that's not going to happen since there's only one volume left and it most likely won't deter too much from the magazine runs. Let's face it, Sird really doesn't have anywhere else to appear in the manga without it seemingly being an a**pull (unless SHE'S actually the greater evil behind Plasma, that would explain EVERYTHING!!! *sarcasm*) Sird's time really has passed a long time ago and the writers really need to finish her off soon, imo.

More prefer another person that leads The Generals. That would make Someone their "Premier". No I didn't like it when Sird control everything because her nature is Inflitator. She inflirates another Team and pretend to be loyal. I would suggest she would better become the leader of Dim-Sum Team of the second ranger region. And what makes me interested is her true motives. I wouldn't gave her The best villain award but The most mysterious one. Anyway what makes me more interested is how another villain recent happening(Pryce, Giovanni). And anyway again great thread ^^.

which made her one of the most mysterious characters in the manga for about 5 more years. But her revelations at the end of the DP arc was the start of the letdown.
Couldn't agree more

Macromind101

And the sad thing is, the HGSS chapter had so many potentials for Sird. For one thing, I do not see how in the world the Rocket Generals found out about Arceus, the creation trio and the plates since they do not have Sinnoh origins. Sure, they were beefed up in the manga in terms of their competence (in the games they weren't any more competent at their jobs than Jessie, James and Meowth are in the anime or Ken, Al, and Harry from the first three chapters) but still they couldn't have had any connections to Sinnoh that could have led to their knowledge of Arceus. Except one: former Galactic commander Sird. Being both a former Rocket and Galactic executive, Sird could have been the one that connected Rocket to Sinnoh myths. I know that the writers are pressed in time on the HGSS chapter (but then again, whose fault was that) but the least they could have done was expand on that part. But there's only one more volume for HGSS due and according to the magazine runs, there are still so many questions left unanswered at the end like, what happened to Sird, what will happen to Silver (his blindness), and where the heck is Giovanni (and that is another thing that should have been explained within the chapter since it was explained in the games). Also, I'm still up for the spiky-eared Pichu appearing in the chapter due to him holding the Zap Plate and all (and I still think Gold's Pichu could fill in for the Pikachu-colored Pichu).

Ludger

スポック
what happened to Sird, what will happen to Silver (his blindness), and where the heck is Giovanni (and that is another thing that should have been explained within the chapter since it was explained in the games). Also, I'm still up for the spiky-eared Pichu appearing in the chapter due to him holding the Zap Plate and all (and I still think Gold's Pichu could fill in for the Pikachu-colored Pichu).
Well maybe It would be more better if Prof Elm finally got main character Assistant to help him find Spiky Eared Pichu. That's why I want Kotone to be on Adventures

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
And the sad thing is, the HGSS chapter had so many potentials for Sird. For one thing, I do not see how in the world the Rocket Generals found out about Arceus, the creation trio and the plates since they do not have Sinnoh origins. Sure, they were beefed up in the manga in terms of their competence (in the games they weren't any more competent at their jobs than Jessie, James and Meowth are in the anime or Ken, Al, and Harry from the first three chapters) but still they couldn't have had any connections to Sinnoh that could have led to their knowledge of Arceus. Except one: former Galactic commander Sird. Being both a former Rocket and Galactic executive, Sird could have been the one that connected Rocket to Sinnoh myths. I know that the writers are pressed in time on the HGSS chapter (but then again, whose fault was that) but the least they could have done was expand on that part. But there's only one more volume for HGSS due and according to the magazine runs, there are still so many questions left unanswered at the end like, what happened to Sird, what will happen to Silver (his blindness), and where the heck is Giovanni (and that is another thing that should have been explained within the chapter since it was explained in the games). Also, I'm still up for the spiky-eared Pichu appearing in the chapter due to him holding the Zap Plate and all (and I still think Gold's Pichu could fill in for the Pikachu-colored Pichu).

Just because the magazines end after one more vol doesn't mean that the arc itself ends. Kusaka can up with things of his own. I still have my hopes up that Kusaka will turn the HGSS arc in a very awesome arc. We Carr made his appearance in the HGSS arc so why not Saque? Since Kusaka takes so long to kill Saque off I am sure he has something for her in mind. I was also kinda disappointed when she didn't appeared in the Platinum arc, but if you think about it what should she do there? Yeah she has a lot of interest in the pokedex, but since the galactic grunt got them back (I think it was the pixies that took the pokedex from her and maybe they were the once who helped the galactic grunt to get out of the hypnotism)

I don't think she would care if anything happens to Charon, since he isn't that much of an villain and compared to the other villains he's pretty pathetic. The only reason he could control the legendary is because of some lame device. Why would she bother with some 12 year old who aren't targeting her atm. She recovered recently from Lorelei's attack and I think that getting revenge on Red and the others is much more appealing for her than dealing with Platinum and co. We don't know what her real motives are either.

Well the ones in Emerald arc are kinda obvious, it would be pretty troublesome if Red and the others came back from being petrified so that has to be stopped at all costs. Too bad for her that plan failed. Then she tried to get the newest pokedex models, since the ones from the FRLG arc are the oldest ones and the newest have better features. That plan also seems to have failed, unless she did too a quick look before they got retrieved. To me it seems like it's all part of her master plan. We just don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to figure out her motives. At least i am sure getting revenge is part of it and let's face it guys, since it all started with Red, Green, Blue, yellow and Silver it's also the best if they're the ones to finish her off.

Ludger

スポック
Well the ones in Emerald arc are kinda obvious, it would be pretty troublesome if Red and the others came back from being petrified so that has to be stopped at all costs. Too bad for her that plan failed. Then she tried to get the newest pokedex models, since the ones from the FRLG arc are the oldest ones and the newest have better features. That plan also seems to have failed, unless she did too a quick look before they got retrieved. To me it seems like it's all part of her master plan. We just don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to figure out her motives. At least i am sure getting revenge is part of it and let's face it guys, since it all started with Red, Green, Blue, yellow and Silver it's also the best if they're the ones to finish her off.

There might be somekind of "fixed" Pokedex Holders reunion so Sird can get all the Pokedex

Weedy Spyze

Wow, you really did your homework here. Bravo sir.

The thing about Sird is, she's a manga-only character with manga-only intentions. The problem here is not the manga itself, it's actually the games. Nintendo and Game Freak aren't gonna put a hold on developing and releasing new games just so the manga can finish Sird's storyline off. And since advertising the games is Kusaka's job, I'm sure that many of his own personal ideas have to be left on the editing room floor, possibly including his original plans for Sird, so he can reach his quota from the higher-ups each month. It's unfortunate, but it seems like Sird's "greater motives" are just left as an unanswered plot point that will probably never be brought up again, or if it is brought up it will probably seem like, to quote you again, an a**-pull. Personally? I'm past the point of caring about Sird or any of her schemes. Let the older characters go and deal with Ghetsis instead. THAT'S something I'd be interested in seeing.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
What happened to Sird? Who knows? I've said this many times now but I'm not really shocked Sird didn't appear in Platinum's ending and I don't expect her to appear in HGSS either to be honest. Sird's only real connection to Sinnoh was that she was a member of Team Galactic, so unless there is more to her and obviously there is she should have ended when Team Galactic did. Sird not having Darkrai anymore is probably a generation thing, for example if she appears in BW she'll probably have some Unova legendary on her to replace Darkrai. Dumb but understandable. I don't know when they'll finish off Sird as she is overdue for it but I will say if they are building her up as this big final villain I hope the plot and battle is epic and effects the entire planet and all regions. Might as well go out with a bang.

Weedy Spyze

At least i am sure getting revenge is part of it and let's face it guys, since it all started with Red, Green, Blue, yellow and Silver it's also the best if they're the ones to finish her off.
I don't know when they'll finish off Sird as she is overdue for it but I will say if they are building her up as this big final villain I hope the plot and battle is epic and effects the entire planet and all regions. Might as well go out with a bang.

I really don't agree with either of these. Again, the reason this manga even sees print is because it's advertising revenue for the games. Why do you think we have so many different main characters and story arcs? It's because the manga has to advertise whatever game is out at the time. I know I just said "let the older characters go and deal with Ghetsis," but they really have no place in Black and White's story arc. Although Red showing up would still be badass. But I'm going off on a tangent. Red and the gang aren't gonna be main characters again unless a possible new Red/Blue remake is released sometime in the future. I suppose it's possible that Sird could be finished off there, but it would really make no sense if she's the final villain of a final arc in the manga when it's currently advertising Pokemon Dawn and Dusk or whatever. Logically whoever is the big bad in those games would be the final villain in that situation.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I really don't agree with either of these. Again, the reason this manga even sees print is because it's advertising revenue for the games. Why do you think we have so many different main characters and story arcs? It's because the manga has to advertise whatever game is out at the time. I know I just said "let the older characters go and deal with Ghetsis," but they really have no place in Black and White's story arc. Although Red showing up would still be badass. But I'm going off on a tangent. Red and the gang aren't gonna be main characters again unless a possible new Red/Blue remake is released sometime in the future. I suppose it's possible that Sird could be finished off there, but it would really make no sense if she's the final villain of a final arc in the manga when it's currently advertising Pokemon Dawn and Dusk or whatever. Logically whoever is the big bad in those games would be the final villain in that situation.

And I disagree with you on how the final of PokeSpecial will just be the current villain team and then the series ends. If it was the final chapter of PokeSpecial I would imagine all the Dexholders in some shape or form would play a role in it, without overshadowing whoever is the current hero. The grand final of any good manga will do the best it can to be good and I don't see the PokeSpecial series ending with all new characters of one generation, even if they are advertising for the games. Especially if it has a third version game on it.

Weedy Spyze

And I disagree with you on how the final of PokeSpecial will just be the current villain team and then the series ends. If it was the final chapter of PokeSpecial I would imagine all the Dexholders in some shape or form would play a role in it, without overshadowing whoever is the current hero. The grand final of any good manga will do the best it can to be good and I don't see the PokeSpecial series ending with all new characters of one generation, even if they are advertising for the games. Especially if it has a third version game on it.

Too bad the manga doesn't really work like that, what with older characters reappearing regularly. Something like what you're suggesting would require proper build up, and for all we know the book could just be cancelled abrubtly without having any time for it. Which is why I think the "dexholder final showdown" is just a fan dream that probably won't happen, especially if it's against Sird of all people.

But what do I know? I can't see into the future nor do I know what the writer and whoever else is in charge of the manga is planning. I'd much rather focus on what's happening in the present to be honest, especially since I'm enjoying the current BW arc.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Too bad the manga doesn't really work like that, what with older characters reappearing regularly. Something like what you're suggesting would require proper build up, and for all we know the book could just be cancelled abrubtly without having any time for it. Which is why I think the "dexholder final showdown" is just a fan dream that probably won't happen, especially if it's against Sird of all people.

But what do I know? I can't see into the future nor do I know what the writer and whoever else is in charge of the manga is planning. I'd much rather focus on what's happening in the present to be honest, especially since I'm enjoying the current BW arc.

Though I disagree with you mostly, I do think the dexholder final showdown is infact a dream. I do not expect it to happen. The Sinnoh trio not meeting any of the old dexholders is even supporting that. Not that I mind. I prefer the new kids to settle their own problems anyway, especially in their own regions, which is why I think RS, DP, and BW handled that portion well, not that I mind the older kids coming to help in GSC, I actually enjoyed it, but it's nice that newer generations don't need the help. It's only in the 3rd version game/arcs that I would want to see old faces anyway, but if they don't I won't have a problem. I loved DPPt and not a single old dexholder came back and currently BW is going great as well so dexholder reunions are not needed, it's just many of us enjoy the team up and the character interaction that's all. I'm all for new generation kids taking charge.

Macromind101

Just because the magazines end after one more vol doesn't mean that the arc itself ends. Kusaka can up with things of his own. I still have my hopes up that Kusaka will turn the HGSS arc in a very awesome arc. We Carr made his appearance in the HGSS arc so why not Saque? Since Kusaka takes so long to kill Saque off I am sure he has something for her in mind. I was also kinda disappointed when she didn't appeared in the Platinum arc, but if you think about it what should she do there? Yeah she has a lot of interest in the pokedex, but since the galactic grunt got them back (I think it was the pixies that took the pokedex from her and maybe they were the once who helped the galactic grunt to get out of the hypnotism)

As much as I want your claim to be true (and I really do), unfortunately it did say that Volume 42 will be the climax of the HGSS chapter. :/ And there were 14 chapters in the magazine runs and the first HGSS volume had 7 chapters so the volumes may differ from the magazine runs only slightly.

There might be somekind of "fixed" Pokedex Holders reunion so Sird can get all the Pokedex

If the HGSS chapter wasn't gonna be wrapped up in the next volume then I can see that happening. After all, all the dexholders thus far has had some conflict with Sird either directly or indirectly. And the Kanto dexholders are almost adults, it'll be unlikely that they'll appear in person again so while they're still at a somewhat young age and since the chapter will be relevant to them due to their appearance in the games they should appear one last time. And the Sinnoh dexholders have yet to meet any of the other dexholders. :/

Ludger

スポック
If the HGSS chapter wasn't gonna be wrapped up in the next volume then I can see that happening. After all, all the dexholders thus far has had some conflict with Sird either directly or indirectly. And the Kanto dexholders are almost adults, it'll be unlikely that they'll appear in person again so while they're still at a somewhat young age and since the chapter will be relevant to them due to their appearance in the games they should appear one last time. And the Sinnoh dexholders have yet to meet any of the other dexholders. :/

How about Red Special Chapter then ? Well I think Kusaka and Yamamoto have a plan of they own. They make it look bad and Voila! Every fan turn to love that.

Let the older characters go and deal with Ghetsis instead. THAT'S something I'd be interested in seeing.

I think it would be much more interesting if they make them fight Corless. Let N handle Ghetesis

e9310103838

As much as I want your claim to be true (and I really do), unfortunately it did say that Volume 42 will be the climax of the HGSS chapter. :/ And there were 14 chapters in the magazine runs and the first HGSS volume had 7 chapters so the volumes may differ from the magazine runs only slightly.

In fact, it is the eight rounds progress serialized in the magazine...... :529:

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
At first I thought Sird had to be the final villain, but after someone called my attention to the flaws in her character, I say that she needs to be done away with. And there's actually only one way to finish her off, which is by having her as the real mastermind of the HGSS arc and have her defeated by the end of this arc. I fail to see any other way to finish her off now. It wouldn't be that bad either, because if you look at it, how would the Rocket Admins know about Sinnoh Legendaries? And what the hell does controlling Arceus have to do with bringing Giovanni back? It could be that Sird is holding Giovanni captive and made a deal with the Rocket Admins, trading Arceus for Giovanni.
I don't know, it sounds plausible to me. And finish Sird off in this arc is really the only way to make her stop pulling stuff out of her a** as some people have already said in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.