• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Sird???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macromind101

Why is it unlikely?

Would you rather have a 30-year old Red running around then? Should he bring his children along too? I did read somewhere that the time skip between Gen IV and V was 10 years. But that's kinda unlikely since all the returning characters in Gen V don't look much different. And Looker did mention the Plasma Sage task at the end of the Platinum chapter. But to be honest, the Kanto dexholders are getting pretty close to being adults and the HGSS chapter is/was the final chance for them to appear one last time while at a relatively young age.

And I do support the idea of one last dexholder reunion because like I mentioned before, Sird is connected to all the dexholders thus far. Also, if there is no dexholder reunion in HGSS (and it doesn't look like there will be one since apparently the next volume is the climax) then it will be the first time where there wasn't a reunion at the end of a generation. (I'm kinda OCD when it comes to patterns) Sure, this time it may look a little forced (completely if Sird wasn't around) but then again this could be the last one since Gen V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" of the Pokemon series. (The region is far away from the other four, no old Pokemon pre-post-game, etc.)

How about Red Special Chapter then ? Well I think Kusaka and Yamamoto have a plan of they own. They make it look bad and Voila! Every fan turn to love that.

That's actually not a bad idea. An arc that's for manga only and independent of the games that will wrap up the events preceding Black and White! (not sure if that's what you meant) If this happens and all the plot holes left unanswered get answered in this arc (like Silver at the end of HGSS, Sird's storyline and Giovanni's whereabouts) and hopefully the one last Dexholder reunion then I can forgive the writers for making the HGSS chapter so short and not doing much to answer some questions from before. Idk that's just me not sure if anyone else agrees. :p

e9310103838

Would you rather have a 30-year old Red running around then? Should he bring his children along too? I did read somewhere that the time skip between Gen IV and V was 10 years. But that's kinda unlikely since all the returning characters in Gen V don't look much different. And Looker did mention the Plasma Sage task at the end of the Platinum chapter. But to be honest, the Kanto dexholders are getting pretty close to being adults and the HGSS chapter is/was the final chance for them to appear one last time while at a relatively young age.

And I do support the idea of one last dexholder reunion because like I mentioned before, Sird is connected to all the dexholders thus far. Also, if there is no dexholder reunion in HGSS (and it doesn't look like there will be one since apparently the next volume is the climax) then it will be the first time where there wasn't a reunion at the end of a generation. (I'm kinda OCD when it comes to patterns) Sure, this time it may look a little forced (completely if Sird wasn't around) but then again this could be the last one since Gen V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" of the Pokemon series. (The region is far away from the other four, no old Pokemon pre-post-game, etc.)

Formerly RS had launched also based on "fresh new start of the Pokemon series" as the call...... ;383;

Weedy Spyze

Sure, why not? I don't see why just because the first generation kids are in young adulthood now they can't make any more appearances. Red's not that old anyway lol, as of HGSS he should be about 19 at the oldest. It kinda makes sense for him to be an adult now anyway, just like the kids who read his story arc/played his game. And we don't know how long B/W takes place after the fourth generation, in either the games or the manga.

No she's not. She's only connected (directly, anyway) to the first generation dexholders and Silver.

Macromind101

No she's not. She's only connected (directly, anyway) to the first generation dexholders and Silver.

Well those are the characters she's directly connected to. She's indirectly connected to Gold, Crystal, and the Hoenn dexholders through Guile Hideout and the Sinnoh dexholders by Galactic and the cloaked grunt.

I'm starting to wonder if Kusaka is saving Sird to finish her up in the B2W2 chapter. The World Tournament is a perfect spot for one more Dexholder reunion, and having Sird be with the new Team Plasma could be a way to link her in. That would probably be the last time that they can get all fifteen(? don't know the number off the top of my head) Dexholders together and not have it be forced at all.

Having Sird be a part of Team Plasma would be, like I said, an a**pull. I can't see Kusaka have Sird be connected to Gen V in any way without it being completely random and even needed. Her connection to Galactic seemed that way as well. There are great new villains for the protagonists to fight like Ghetsis, the Shadow Triad, Colress and maybe even a new original villain if the writers wanted to do that. Why still keep old washed-up Sird?

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Well those are the characters she's directly connected to. She's indirectly connected to Gold, Crystal, and the Hoenn dexholders through Guile Hideout and the Sinnoh dexholders by Galactic and the cloaked grunt.

Having Sird be a part of Team Plasma would be, like I said, an a**pull. I can't see Kusaka have Sird be connected to Gen V in any way without it being completely random and even needed. Her connection to Galactic seemed that way as well. There are great new villains for the protagonists to fight like Ghetsis, the Shadow Triad, Colress and maybe even a new original villain if the writers wanted to do that. Why still keep old washed-up Sird?

I'll give you Guile Hideout, but the Sinnoh connection is a stretch. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum aren't even aware of her existence, and Sird did nothing to help Team Galactic in the Spear Pillar battle anyway. All she did was randomly show up to explain a bunch of backstory that had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on at the time whatsoever. So, the connection to the Sinnoh trio is minimal at best.

Colress and especially Ghetsis are much more interesting villains than Sird could ever hope to be.

Macromind101

I'll give you Guile Hideout, but the Sinnoh connection is a stretch. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum aren't even aware of her existence, and Sird did nothing to help Team Galactic in the Spear Pillar battle anyway. All she did was randomly show up to explain a bunch of backstory that had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on at the time whatsoever. So, the connection to the Sinnoh trio is minimal at best.

Colress and especially Ghetsis are much more interesting villains than Sird could ever hope to be.

I dunno, I mean both Guile and the cloaked grunt were doing Sird's bidding. And I wouldn't say they are completely unaware of her existence, like for instance Dia was there when Riley sensed an evil aura in Iron Island and the cloaked grunt (at the end of the Platinum chapter) mentioned Sird when he was talking about Darkrai. I think they do know that there is a person like her out there somewhere, just don't know her by name or personally met her. Sigh, I can't help but think that Sird sorta randomly showing up at Spear Pillar has to do with the main plot of the manga in some way. I mean, it's not like Kusaka to just put something pointless in the storyline and then just toss it away (he actually does the exact opposite). People are saying that Sird will return sometime in a remake arc or something but I don't think there will be any more remakes (message me if you wanna know why since it's not relevant to this thread) and the latest chapter (and now it's the only chapter) where Sird can appear while she's still relevant is the HGSS chapter.

And yup, glad we can agree on at least one thing. :D

Last edited:

Macromind101

Oh and let me add one more thing to your point. It says on Bulbapedia that Sird is a commander of Galactic but I don't recall reading anywhere about her being one. In fact, among the commanders only Jupiter knew of her existence up until her appearance in the DP chapter and I'm pretty sure only a handful of grunts knew about her as well. Based on her job in Galactic it just looks like she's a hitwoman of Cyrus. :/

Ludger

スポック
Well Arceus got out from Hall of Origin Probably Sird's fault because we didn't know yet where is the damn Azure Flute is. And about Sird is the one that controlled the Generals of Rocket I would say it was false. Because it is not as creative as it should be. Like Flintoff Cypress said, Anything is fair game in Pokemon Adventures and I would say a more creative Idea is her being The new Leader of Dim Sum Organitation from Ranger Region. I mean she could bring Darkrai back again being on that organisation. And yet they need new leader if you haven't read Ranger Battonage Manga yet. Because The first ranger Manga has a connection with Platinum Arc.

Macromind101

Well Arceus got out from Hall of Origin Probably Sird's fault because we didn't know yet where is the damn Azure Flute is. And about Sird is the one that controlled the Generals of Rocket I would say it was false. Because it is not as creative as it should be. Like Flintoff Cypress said, Anything is fair game in Pokemon Adventures and I would say a more creative Idea is her being The new Leader of Dim Sum Organitation from Ranger Region. I mean she could bring Darkrai back again being on that organisation. And yet they need new leader if you haven't read Ranger Battonage Manga yet. Because The first ranger Manga has a connection with Platinum Arc.

Is that manga canonical to the Adventures manga? Do they even have the same author?

Macromind101

okay I just looked it up and turns out they do have the same author. So I guess they're canonical. Shoot, I guess I should read that too then.

Ludger

スポック
okay I just looked it up and turns out they do have the same author. So I guess they're canonical. Shoot, I guess I should read that too then.

I really recommend that ^^.
And Darkrai actually freed after Dim Sum Organisation failed so it would have a good chance that they would catch it again. And I suggest the new leader is Sird

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido

They are. If you look at it, in that manga, the Manaphy Egg is said to be given to a trainer in Sinnoh. And guess what? Diamond receives the Manaphy Egg at the end of the Platinum arc. The main characters of that manga also make a cameo in PokéSpe.

Macromind101

Join the Pokémon Daisuki Club (fan club). I'm assuming that's what you mean, because any other meanings of that question would be breaking the rules. ;)

I completely forgot about Kusaka and Yamamoto doing the Ranger mangas. Having Sird go to a Ranger manga would be interesting, but it would be kind of sad to see her story finished in a different place than where she started. Unless the Kanto Dexholders arrived for a crossover. Then that would be epic and awesome.

How do I join? (sorry for sounding noob)

And aren't they mini series? Or are they full volumes like the main series?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Just because they were made by the same person doesn't make Adventures canon to the Ranger manga.

The aforementioned Manaphy scene, however, does.

Join the Pokémon Daisuki Club (fan club). I'm assuming that's what you mean, because any other meanings of that question would be breaking the rules. ;)

I completely forgot about Kusaka and Yamamoto doing the Ranger mangas. Having Sird go to a Ranger manga would be interesting, but it would be kind of sad to see her story finished in a different place than where she started. Unless the Kanto Dexholders arrived for a crossover. Then that would be epic and awesome.

That's not going to work. The site updated about a year ago. The manga's are gone.

Macromind101

In that case, I do hope that the Ranger mangas get some form of book release in the future. It's kind of sad when a piece of art is lost forever. :(

(If I was Kusaka & Yamamoto, I would be pissed to see my work disappear completely in the blink of an eye.)

Hey I found it on a website. You want me to message the link to you?

Macromind101

okay finished reading the Platinum chapter today and I know it's been said numerous times but Sird still isn't defeated even though Galactic was disbanded. Sigh okay there may not be enough room to show it but the Rocket generals and Arceus has Sird written all over it. And as for the Sird and Ranger theory, I really don't think a character that originated from the main series comics would be defeated once and for all in a spin-off comic series that is really a mini-series. I skimmed over the Ranger manga and I think the Almia series is over anyway. (btw, is there a comic for the third Rangers game?)

Well one thing I've been curious about is why would Sird release Darkrai in the Distortion World of all places? I guess one reasonable explanation could be so that she can make sure Darkrai wouldn't harm anyone but then again why would Sird give a jack about other people's safety. And also if Sird really is loyal to Cyrus then why wasn't she there with the other commanders in the Distortion World? I guess one explanation could be that since Cyrus's plan failed in the Spear Pillar, she was looking for more Sinnoh legendaries to replace the old ones so that explains the Rocket generals' actions if they really were being manipulated by Sird. Even if she doesn't make a full-on appearance in the HGSS chapter, she could still appear as a silhouette (again) when the discovery of Arceus is explained by the Rocket generals (but that still wouldn't lead to her ultimate defeat, which is way overdue).

Ludger

スポック
okay finished reading the Platinum chapter today and I know it's been said numerous times but Sird still isn't defeated even though Galactic was disbanded. Sigh okay there may not be enough room to show it but the Rocket generals and Arceus has Sird written all over it. And as for the Sird and Ranger theory, I really don't think a character that originated from the main series comics would be defeated once and for all in a spin-off comic series that is really a mini-series. I skimmed over the Ranger manga and I think the Almia series is over anyway. (btw, is there a comic for the third Rangers game?)

Well one thing I've been curious about is why would Sird release Darkrai in the Distortion World of all places? I guess one reasonable explanation could be so that she can make sure Darkrai wouldn't harm anyone but then again why would Sird give a jack about other people's safety. And also if Sird really is loyal to Cyrus then why wasn't she there with the other commanders in the Distortion World? I guess one explanation could be that since Cyrus's plan failed in the Spear Pillar, she was looking for more Sinnoh legendaries to replace the old ones so that explains the Rocket generals' actions if they really were being manipulated by Sird. Even if she doesn't make a full-on appearance in the HGSS chapter, she could still appear as a silhouette (again) when the discovery of Arceus is explained by the Rocket generals (but that still wouldn't lead to her ultimate defeat, which is way overdue).

Okay so Rocket Generals was tricked by Sird by making their excution "Giovanni's true means" but hidden that "True Means" Lies Sird's true plan that as same as Galactic-Gan done. Sird making a fake information about Arceus would make their Intention's come true. Yes there is a Third Ranger Manga you can check it on One Shot/Short Pokemon Manga there(Only the info, not the cover).

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
It would make the most sense for Sird to be finished in HGSS. I know PokéSpe loves to do backstory via dialogue so she would be the best person to talk about the origins of Arceus since she's from (been to) Sinnoh.

Also, where does one go to heal oneself of ice injuries by Lorelei? Mt. Silver... in Johto...

Weedy Spyze

Also, where does one go to heal oneself of ice injuries by Lorelei? Mt. Silver... in Johto...

That's where Red and Sabrina went to heal their's, although theoretically there should be other places as well. Sird's injuries haven't been healed though as of her most recent appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.