• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Sird???

Status
Not open for further replies.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
That's where Red and Sabrina went to heal their's, although theoretically there should be other places as well. Sird's injuries haven't been healed though as of her most recent appearance.

I was just throwing out reasons why Sird's appearance in HGSS would be logical. I really wanted her to be done with in Platinum to be honest.

So maybe she didn't show up in the Distortion World because her obsession with the Pokedex overpowered her loyalty to Cyrus and now she's back in Kanto/Johto looking for them, after healing herself at Mt. Silver.

Pokemonspecialgerman

I dont think she is still obsessed of Pokedexes because the grunt still had those.
And I am pretty sure Kusaka is just waiting for the right evil characters. A character who is dark and mysterious enogh to fitt her backstory and her true motives.
He is waiting for a character made by Gamefreak and Team Plasma is maybe not evil and dark enogh.
I think her great comeback will in the RSE Remake Arcs. Just to defeat the mastermind behind the emeraldstory one and for all.

Orbis

What?
I want sird/storc/nancy to go away and not come back. And I mean it. NO MORE, KUSAKA.

G-SANtos

I dont think she is still obsessed of Pokedexes because the grunt still had those.
And I am pretty sure Kusaka is just waiting for the right evil characters. A character who is dark and mysterious enogh to fitt her backstory and her true motives.
He is waiting for a character made by Gamefreak and Team Plasma is maybe not evil and dark enogh.

I think her great comeback will in the RSE Remake Arcs. Just to defeat the mastermind behind the emeraldstory one and for all.
Excuse me, I may have not played Generation V yet, but from what I heard about it, I'm under the impression that Team Plasma is the darkest villain team so far.
Also, I don't think there will be remakes for RSE in this generation. The recent reveal of Genesect pretty much screams "Generation V is over!" on us. If there's ever going to be a RSE remake (and I can see both a reason to have, and a reason to not have, but the reason to have a remake makes it the last remake in Pokémon history: Hoenn is the only main region that never saw 3D graphics), it's not going to be on this generation.

I think she may have some connection to Isshu, and this connection is Achroma. Maybe they are related? We never saw anything about her past, so maybe she's from there. I think she'll be defeated on BW2 since Kusaka doesn't have too much stuff to rush now, as the next games will probably be released only in 2014.

MistyMayDawn

Pokémon Coordinator
I'm kinda getting tired of Sird. It makes me uneasy knkwing she's still out there. I think someone should just defeat her once and for all

Pokemonspecialgerman

Yeah Genesec that's the point, but i still thinks kusaka is waiting of something, and Team Plasma isn't the right place for a connection to Sird. She needs evil underground cronies, something like Team Rocket, maybe a little more mysterious. I dont know exactly whats bothering me, they are perhaps just to public, visiting town after town to hold speeches about pokemon liberation in the name of team plasma.. But I like Team Plasma actually, just not in connection with sird.

And what is with all this Sird hate? Actually Giovanni is very mysterious too. Nobody knows exactly what he has planned. Did he really want Silver as new Rocket Leader? Did he want to disband team rocket? And why is he disappeared from silvers hideout? Is good or evil, and where is he now? We could've asked the same question about lance too, until HeartgoldG/Soulsilver.

You see, even after a main villain is defeated in an arc climax.. that doesn't mean he isn't still similar mysterious like sird.

Weedy Spyze

Giovanni and Team Rocket's ambitions aren't "mysterious" as much as they are non-existent. All they ever were in the games was a pathetic crime organization that was just acting evil and whatnot for the lulz, they didn't have some kind of 'greater plot' like all of the other evil teams. The manga's never went out of its way in giving them some kind of 'greater plot' either, which makes me wonder why I should give a crap about them at all. I mean, even with Team Aqua and Team Magma, we knew what their greater goal was and it made the conflict against them much more interesting. Team Rocket is just a bunch of boring chumps that were never fleshed out at all. I mean, what were they trying to do with Arceus, anyway? Admittedly I don't know squat about HGSS but were they just chasing after it for the kicks?

The same thing with Sird. You can't not give her some kind of goal and then hand-wave that by saying it makes her "mysterious." She was great in the FRLG arc, but she was just a plot device in Emerald and an unneeded extra in D/P. The manga's just advanced too far to bring up whatever the heck she's up to again without it feeling like some kind of ***-pull.

G-SANtos

Giovanni and Team Rocket's ambitions aren't "mysterious" as much as they are non-existent. All they ever were in the games was a pathetic crime organization that was just acting evil and whatnot for the lulz, they didn't have some kind of 'greater plot' like all of the other evil teams. The manga's never went out of its way in giving them some kind of 'greater plot' either, which makes me wonder why I should give a crap about them at all. I mean, even with Team Aqua and Team Magma, we knew what their greater goal was and it made the conflict against them much more interesting. Team Rocket is just a bunch of boring chumps that were never fleshed out at all. I mean, what were they trying to do with Arceus, anyway? Admittedly I don't know squat about HGSS but were they just chasing after it for the kicks?
Team Rocket was just a normal crime organization, meant to represent yakuza. They don't have a "greater plot" because all they want is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit.", just like real-life animal contrabandists, who don't have "greater plots" other than getting money illegally. The only time they were known to have a "greater plot" was when they took over the Radio Tower to try to contact Sakaki (Giovanni).
Basically, Team Rocket has an excuse to not have "greater plots", as they came before each Generation was all about it's legendaries.

Pokemonspecialgerman

Team Rocket had several great plots in the manga. Creating Mewtu; the legendary birds and the badge energie device; the experimental pokèmon army in the viridian forest..
But i think they are pretty boring in the games too. And they have a reason to catch Arceus. It's not mainly power or money f. eks. but I don't think should spoiler this here, even it is not a very surprising reason. But I agree "mysterious" isn't the right word here.
In my opinion it would not feel like an ***-pull for me. With an additional connection with a dexholder or an proper goal could she make an comprehensible final comeback.
I don't like Sird that much. She isn't even under my top-5 pokèspe villains, but I doens't know enough about her to hate her so I still want to know more about her.

Weedy Spyze

Team Rocket was just a normal crime organization, meant to represent yakuza. They don't have a "greater plot" because all they want is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit.", just like real-life animal contrabandists, who don't have "greater plots" other than getting money illegally. The only time they were known to have a "greater plot" was when they took over the Radio Tower to try to contact Sakaki (Giovanni).

Basically, Team Rocket has an excuse to not have "greater plots", as they came before each Generation was all about it's legendaries.

Thank you for reinforcing the point I already made.

Team Rocket had several great plots in the manga. Creating Mewtu; the legendary birds and the badge energie device; the experimental pokèmon army in the viridian forest..

In my opinion it would not feel like an ***-pull for me. With an additional connection with a dexholder or an proper goal could she make an comprehensible final comeback.

And what was the point of any of that crap again...? Especially the experimental army in Viridian Forest. Absolutely nothing ever came out of that at all.

It would be one because whatever Sird's plot is, it has to have some kind of connection to whatever game the manga is advertising at the time whenever she appears again. She can't have a connection to _every single villain team_. That's just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Macromind101

It would be one because whatever Sird's plot is, it has to have some kind of connection to whatever game the manga is advertising at the time whenever she appears again. She can't have a connection to _every single villain team_. That's just ridiculous.

Unfortunately, she already does (with the exception of Plasma). It says so on Bulbapedia. She was a part of Rocket and Galactic and she helped out Archie and Maxie. And well, if she IS the mastermind behind the Rocket generals in HGSS it does advertise the Arceus event (although it's not the buzz right now as it was two years ago). And it does make sense in the manga, cuz like I said, how the f*ck would the Rocket generals know about a Sinnoh legendary if they are from Kanto and Johto and why would the generals choose Arceus of all Pokemon to bring Giovanni back? They would probably use a Pokemon that's actually from their own region that Team Rocket is familiar with. It would only make sense if Sird told them about Arceus and somehow convinced them that capturing Arceus will bring Giovanni back. Reasons I think she would do that? She obviously agrees with Galactic's philosophy since she joined them and since Cyrus failed at Spear Pillar Sird wants to finish the job with the creation trio. That would make sense. And also I've noticed that Sird's obsession with the Pokedexes kinda led to nothing, maybe besides the cloaked grunt. It has to lead to something big, maybe one last Dexholder reunion since 13 Pokedexes at once would be heaven to Sird and it would be the perfect time to finally finish her off. It's not like Kusaka to leave out any details that lead to nothing. For god's sakes, he used a drop of Red's blood as a major plot device four chapters later.

Macromind101

And as for the Generation III remakes, here's why I don't think that will happen (I c+p'ed from one of my earlier posts):
I know that there's a lot of support behind the chances of Generation III being remade in Generation V (and I too think that a remake of Generation III, especially Emerald, would be amazing) but let me point out that there may be a chronological error if Generation III is remade in Generation V. You know that Generations I and III happen at the same time, right? As do Generations II and IV. And that is why it makes sense in the Pokemon world to trade between R/S/E & FR/LG and D/P/Pt & HG/SS because they happen concurrently. But to transfer Pokemon from Generation III to IV requires the Pal Park because there is a three year difference between them. So the Pokemon inside the Pal Park pretty much were waiting for their new trainer for three years. And there is also a time difference between Generations IV and V (idk how long it is so let's call the # of years x). Yeah, so in a similar way to Pal Park, the transferred Pokemon from Generation IV to V has to wait in the PokeTransfer for x years. So now here's my point. If R/S/E is remade for Generation V, then the events of Hoenn and Unova has to happen concurrently, right? (b/c you have to be able to ACTUALLY trade between those two sets of games) But the problem is, in reality, the events between Hoenn and Unova is 3+x. So remaking Generation III in V would create a huge time contradiction within the Pokemon universe because then while the events of Hoenn and Unova happened at the same time, Hoenn also happened a long time before Unova. Don't get me wrong, I too want a remake of Generation III but you must take this fact into consideration. Makes me wonder what Game Freak will come up with.
And plus Generations I and II were incompatible with the current games which was why they were remade in the first place. Generation III is still compatible with the current games so a remake would be kinda pointless.

Pokemonspecialgerman

And what was the point of any of that crap again...? Especially the experimental army in Viridian Forest. Absolutely nothing ever came out of that at all.

Mewtwo was important in RGB/Yellow and FR/LG and was mentioned in GSC and DP. And the Badge device was important for Yellow. Yes, Team Rocket failed like every other evil team but her plots where important for the whole series o.o

I started to write about giovanni becaus I think his current situation is similar to sirds, not to find connections between his old plots and sirds plots in the future. Sird could act everytime now if she want. She isn't chased by Mewtwo anymore. She could for example attacke Yellow, to make use of her power and to blackmail the other dexholders.
I am sure Kusaka could find several good reasons for that.

And @Macromind:
wow I never tought about that. I think your are right. Does that mean we cant trade between BW and B2W2, or does we have a time maschine again?
Mh and about the time problem between Unova and Hoenn... I think we need a Hoenn Sequel than XD
Haha, okay I'll stop this crazy talk.

Weedy Spyze

Unfortunately, she already does (with the exception of Plasma).

I know that. It's ridiculous enough as is, Plasma doesn't need to be dragged into her schemes either.

*RSE remake chatter*

Why is this here? What does it have to do with Sird or the manga at all?

Mewtwo was important in RGB/Yellow and FR/LG and was mentioned in GSC and DP. And the Badge device was important for Yellow. Yes, Team Rocket failed like every other evil team but her plots where important for the whole series o.o

I started to write about giovanni becaus I think his current situation is similar to sirds, not to find connections between his old plots and sirds plots in the future. Sird could act everytime now if she want. She isn't chased by Mewtwo anymore. She could for example attacke Yellow, to make use of her power and to blackmail the other dexholders.
I am sure Kusaka could find several good reasons for that.

Well I forgot about the badge amplifier device I guess. Maybe because the expansion on the badges' "powers" seemed a bit overblown and preposterous to me. I stand my ground on that hideous Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres fusion, though. That thing was not necessary at all.

Well it's not so much "Sird can act anytime now if she wants." In-story, sure, but in actuality she really can't. She's a character exclusive to a manga that has a prioritized job of advertising the Pokemon video games--which she has no connections to at all. Yellow will never be an important character ever again unless her game gets remade (which seems highly unlikely, but Game Freak and Nintendo have done crazier things), and no we're not gonna take a random trip back to Kanto unless new Red/Blue remakes are released. Great idea for a fanfic I guess, but it's not happening in the manga.

I posted once (it might have been in this thread) that Kusaka and co. probably had plans to finish Sird's storyline off at one point, but due to other reasons (not enough panel space, new games being released, etc.) those plans probably had to have been left on the editing room floor. It just seems unnecessary to shoe-horn her back into the plot now. We've already advanced to new, different, and more exciting ideas with the newer games.

Last edited:

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
I like Sird. It'd be awesome if Sird was in the games.
That's nice and all, but as Beast as Sird was in the beginning, she stopped being. I also used to think she was awesome (and I still do to some extent) but she was dragged on for too long. Sure it seemed nice to see that has had a connection with all villain teams (before Gen V), but I just don't see how she could have a connection to Team Plasma (and it would be an a**pull if she did). Sird has to be finished now, there's just no other way to do it without making her pull stuff out of her own a**.

Last edited:

G-SANtos

but let me point out that there may be a chronological error if Generation III is remade in Generation V. You know that Generations I and III happen at the same time, right? As do Generations II and IV. And that is why it makes sense in the Pokemon world to trade between R/S/E & FR/LG and D/P/Pt & HG/SS because they happen concurrently. But to transfer Pokemon from Generation III to IV requires the Pal Park because there is a three year difference between them. So the Pokemon inside the Pal Park pretty much were waiting for their new trainer for three years. And there is also a time difference between Generations IV and V (idk how long it is so let's call the # of years x).
I see both a reason to have, and a reason to not have a remake of RSE. The reason to not have is because Generations III and V aren't chronologically concurrent, but that's more because of tradition then due a chronological. Trading between Generation I and II explicitly time travel, so a chronological gap wouldn't stop the trade. Plus, if you transfer a Pokémon from Generation III all the way to Generation V, the game will say that this Pokémon arrived after a long time travel, so it's not like those Pokémon had to wait three years for a Trainer.

And plus Generations I and II were incompatible with the current games which was why they were remade in the first place. Generation III is still compatible with the current games so a remake would be kinda pointless.
And my reason to have a remake is because Hoenn is the only main region (besides Sevii Islands, which are not a main stage even in it's own games) to not have seen 3D graphics, and this automatically makes those the last remakes ever.

Well, there's a possibility she may have connections to Team Plasma, and this could be used to finish her off in BW2. If I had to guess, her contact may be either Achroma or the Dark Trinity (Shadow Triad).
But remember those cloning theories on the discussion about Kyouhei and Mei's presence in the manga? If they actually happen to be clones, I would say that she could have sold the technology Team Rocket used to make Mewtwo to Team Plasma for... Some... Reason.

Weedy Spyze

^ Lol what? Did I read that right? People are thinking Kyouhei and Mei are supposed to be clones? What the bloody hoo-ha gave them that idea?

Also, I have another thing to add that I don't think has been brought up yet: remember how there was two different Deoxys? One of them was trashed when it stopped being 'useful' to Team Rocket (I really cannot possibly imagine how or why). Why didn't Sird just hand him over to Cyrus if that was her main plan for infiltrating Team Rocket?

Last edited:

G-SANtos

^ Lol what? Did I read that right? People are thinking Kyouhei and Mei are supposed to be clones? What the bloody hoo-ha gave them that idea?

Also, I have another thing to add that I don't think has been brought up yet: remember how there was two different Deoxys? One of them was trashed when it stopped being 'useful' to Team Rocket (I really cannot possibly imagine how or why). Why didn't Sird just hand him over to Cyrus if that was her main plan for infiltrating Team Rocket?
Clones in the manga, because that's the only believable way of using "Black 2" and "White 2" as names. It's all over here.
About the other Deoxys, we don't even know if he's alive. "We trashed him" may mean "We killed him".

Status
Not open for further replies.