• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Sird???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macromind101

While we know that Vol. 43 is the ending of the HGSS chapter, we also know that is also the beginning of BW. There are a few rounds left for HGSS (5 or 6 at most) and i doubt that Kusaka can give a proper ending to Saque's story line in those few chapters, specially when she hasn't even been mentioned so far or even hinted at. IF she does appears (and that's a big if), my guess is that it will only be a cameo or a minor appearance. Of course i could be wrong and Kusaka does a pretty good job at proving people wrong but i guess we have to wait and see.
What i want to see is the preview for the next volume so we could get an idea of how many chapters of BW will be included.

I think the only indication that Volume 43 will introduce the BW chapter (and I may be wrong) is a previous mention of what Volume 43 will consist of and that was back when they said Volume 42 is the climax of the HGSS chapter. That claim was nullified so I don't see why people should be certain Volume 43 will start the BW chapter...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I could see Sird cameoing in HGSS but being finished off? Unlikely. It would be to rushed and to forced for that matter as Sird hasn't been in HGSS at all and she doesn't need to be connected to every little thing involving a evil team plot. I can see a cameo but her being finished off I don't see and if it is it will probably be rushed. I'm tired of Sird theories so the sooner they finish her the better but it makes little sense to end her in HGSS now when she hasn't been a factor in this entire arc. It would be so random and show that Kusaka just wants to off the character as soon as possible.

Macromind101

I could see Sird cameoing in HGSS but being finished off? Unlikely. It would be to rushed and to forced for that matter as Sird hasn't been in HGSS at all and she doesn't need to be connected to every little thing involving a evil team plot. I can see a cameo but her being finished off I don't see and if it is it will probably be rushed. I'm tired of Sird theories so the sooner they finish her the better but it makes little sense to end her in HGSS now when she hasn't been a factor in this entire arc. It would be so random and show that Kusaka just wants to off the character as soon as possible.

Well truthfully, if Sird appeared in a future chapter, then that itself would mean she is connected to a little thing that shouldn't have to do with her at all. And believe me, I, the OP, am too tired with Sird being connected to everything that has happened from the FRLG arc nearly a decade ago till now. Maybe it was epic and cool at the point of the Emerald arc and maybe a little bit at the end of the DP arc but at this point, it is too much. However, what's done is done so at this point the only thing Kusaka can do is finish her off as soon as possible. And like I said earlier in the thread, at this point Sird appearing in the HGSS arc is not as much of an a**-pull as it will be if she appeared in B2W2 or any other future chapter. I said it earlier but I'll say it again: the Rocket generals are from Johto and they have no connection whatsoever to the Creation trio and heaven knows how they found out about their existence or Arceus's connection to the plates. If it turns out that Sird was behind it the whole time then it would make sense and it would be the perfect opportunity to finish her off once and for all since in the games HGSS was the last games before the "fresh new start". And based on Sird's affiliation with Galactic, her being connected to the Creation trio in HGSS does make a bit of sense (a lot, actually, if two-and-two are put together and if my theory is true in the slightest). And the HGSS chapter is the last opportunity for Sird's plot to make any sense at all. Kusaka has never let his audience down before (and if he has he always fixed it like the ending of the HGSS chapter) so I believe that he will make the Sird plot something great and not a disappointment. Volume 42's new ending is the revival in my faith of Kusaka.

EDIT: Oh and btw, about that last statement on making it look like Kusaka wanting to finish off Sird as soon as possible...I think if it were to make it seem like that then she would have been finished off way back in the FRLG chapter four chapters ago...and if you look at my theory (I'm not saying that it will be true or even 1% true, just making one possibility among millions) then utilizing flashbacks Kusaka can make it make sense can't he? He's done that in nearly every chapter in one of those moments where he ties in a previous event to a current one. There are numerous plotholes left by Sird and need I remind you it is NOT like Kusaka to leave any plotholes hanging around no matter how astronomically small they are. And please, someone explain to me what, in any way, would Sird appearing in a future chapter after HGSS make it NOT seem like something coming out of absolutely nowhere. There has never been an instance where Kusaka pulled something out of his a** (and if one wishes to argue the ending of the RS chapter then I'll state that Celebi made a brief appearance at the beginning of the chapter so it's not THAT big an a**-pull). And I believe that he will make up for our previous disappointments and WTF's. I know a lot of you are saying that Sird's affiliation with Galactic and her random and non-contributing appearance at the end of DP is a giant "lolwut" but if my theory is true to some extent then it would make sense after a couple years.

Last edited:

G-SANtos

I think the only indication that Volume 43 will introduce the BW chapter (and I may be wrong) is a previous mention of what Volume 43 will consist of and that was back when they said Volume 42 is the climax of the HGSS chapter. That claim was nullified so I don't see why people should be certain Volume 43 will start the BW chapter...
Volume 42 said, again, that 43 will HGSS and start BW.

By the way, did Vol. 41, indeed, say "Vol. 42 is the climax", or did it say "Vol. 42 will start the climax"? I don't remember if I saw a translation of that text.

Either way, it's very unlikely Saque will be finished off in HGSS. BW2 is more likely due to the World Tournament, which could have another Encyclopedia/Zukan (Dex) owners reunion.

Macromind101

Volume 42 said, again, that 43 will HGSS and start BW.

By the way, did Vol. 41, indeed, say "Vol. 42 is the climax", or did it say "Vol. 42 will start the climax"? I don't remember if I saw a translation of that text.

Either way, it's very unlikely Saque will be finished off in HGSS. BW2 is more likely due to the World Tournament, which could have another Encyclopedia/Zukan (Dex) owners reunion.

Oh yeah I do remember seeing something like that...okay nvm on that statement made by me. And well about the World Tournament, to be completely honest I don't think it contributes too much to the overall plot of B2W2. I think the reason everyone wants the PWT is because they want a dexholder reunion. But in my opinion, I don't think a dexholder reunion would make much sense after Generation IV. It would get WAY too repetitive and Generation V is the perfect place to stop dexholder reunions because it was supposed to be a "fresh new start". The Generation I dexholders are adults at that point, and I think displaying the seniors as adults would sorta ruin the earlier chapters. If the dexholders are in their 20's then I think that's the age point where some of them start to realize their feelings for each other and become couples...and this manga is not centered around shipping so that again would ruin the earlier chapters. But again, a dexholder reunion is not the point. The point I'm trying to make is how will Sird appearing in the PWT tie in with the plot that's going on at the current time? The plot at the time will probably be about neo-Team Plasma and Ghetsis's desire to freeze over Unova with Kyurem's forms. The only way to tie Sird in to the PWT is if Kusaka uses her desire for Pokedexes to tie her in to the PWT and even then there are a few flaws with that: first, that is an ENTIRELY different plot than the neo-Team Plasma and the Plasma plot is definitely a better plot there as that is the thing going on in the games and the manga's job is to advertise the games anyway. There are great new villains in the new Generation V so why on earth should Kusaka keep a decade-old washed up villain like Sird when he could be doing so much better with newer villains from Team Plasma? The only instances where a villain from several chapters ago reappears is when the game version of that chapter has that villain and even then, the villain isn't even evil at that point (or at least playing the role of the main antagonist). Giovanni's intentions in FRLG were anything but evil as he was trying to find his long-lost son and see him one last time before he dies (so I guess his role there is an anti-villain?) and Lance (and Pryce now) are not playing the roles of villains in the current HGSS chapter. Sird isn't even a character in the games so there is little to no reason to have her in B2W2 or any future chapter. It's been said by several posters in the earlier part of this thread but I'll say it again: why keep old washed-up Sird when there are great new villains and plots to utilize from here on out? In my opinion, I would actually have the whole Sird plot ditched and left inconclusive rather than have her appear in any chapter beyond Generation IV.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Sird should have been the main villain of Platinum arc, being the boss of Charon/Pluto and Team Galatic with Cyrus gone. It was the perfect time to finish her off since she was confirmed to be a Galactic agent all along and she had Darkrai. The rushed factor of Platinum is probably why she didn't even appear. I'm tired of Sird, but I do think such a character deserves to go out as the main villain of whatever arc she meets her maker in and I'm sorry it's not HGSS. Archer and the Team Rocket generals have been the main villains of HGSS. If she cameo's and reveals to have helped them learn about Arceus, so be it. I mean Carr (or whatever his name is) appeared so I could see her appearing just not ending her. But at this point I don't really care about Sird's connections anymore.

Macromind101

Sird should have been the main villain of Platinum arc, being the boss of Charon/Pluto and Team Galatic with Cyrus gone. It was the perfect time to finish her off since she was confirmed to be a Galactic agent all along and she had Darkrai. The rushed factor of Platinum is probably why she didn't even appear. I'm tired of Sird, but I do think such a character deserves to go out as the main villain of whatever arc she meets her maker in and I'm sorry it's not HGSS. Archer and the Team Rocket generals have been the main villains of HGSS. If she cameo's and reveals to have helped them learn about Arceus, so be it. I mean Carr (or whatever his name is) appeared so I could see her appearing just not ending her. But at this point I don't really care about Sird's connections anymore.

Yeah tbt if Volume 43 is really ending HGSS (and if BW is really a part of it meaning the volume is not even all HGSS) then sadly I don't see a full-on plot of Sird's final battle and defeat. I have to disagree on your Platinum claim though. I don't really see Sird taking over for Galactic. If my theory is true, then Sird wouldn't have had anything more to do with Galactic which is why she left. And Platinum was three volumes, just like all non-main version pair chapters which all have three or four volumes so I don't think it was rushed. Well, at this point if there really are a few rounds left for HGSS then I have to conclude that maybe Sird was never meant to have some ultimate showdown. (and I don't see her appearance in Gen V as a possibility) Maybe she was behind the Rocket general's Arceus plot but her real intent was to use the legendaries to open up a portal to a dimension where she was really from, just locked out after some chaos that blew her out. And so she wanted the legendaries to go back to her home dimension which was her real reason for joining Galactic and wanting the Creation trio. If something like that happens, then it wouldn't take up too much rounds. I know this is one of the most corniest ending to a villain in manga history and it would bring on the full-scale rage of fans but if Kusaka wishes to end Sird in the little time he has left (and again, Sird has no place in any future chapters) then a corny ending where Sird turns out to not be evil after all and doesn't need to be killed to have her story wrapped up is the only way to end her. But then again, it's Kusaka who can come up with anything to satisfy his fans.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Finishing Sird off in Platinum would have made more sense the HGSS. Where is Sird's connection in HGSS again? At the moment she doesn't have one, and while I'm sure one can be forced into the arc at the last minute, it would be so lame for her to be finished off in HGSS when she hasn't appeared or even been mentioned at all. In DP and Emerald when she appeared at the end of those arcs it was just her explaining her role, but she battled no one of importance, unless you count Riley of course. I highly doubt Sird will be the main villain of HGSS because the arc is going to be ending next volume and there is not a trace of her to be found. If they do end her in HGSS I won't care but I wouldn't say it's the best choice. She should have been the one gathering the legendaries in Sinnoh and got finished off in Platinum.

As far as her not appearing in any Gen past IV, you don't know that. We don't know what's planned for the future gens. Kusaka could make her appear anytime he wants no matter what gen it is, so this time limit thing you seem to have her on really doesn't imply. Though she should not appear past gen IV.

Macromind101

Finishing Sird off in Platinum would have made more sense the HGSS. Where is Sird's connection in HGSS again? At the moment she doesn't have one, and while I'm sure one can be forced into the arc at the last minute, it would be so lame for her to be finished off in HGSS when she hasn't appeared or even been mentioned at all. In DP and Emerald when she appeared at the end of those arcs it was just her explaining her role, but she battled no one of importance, unless you count Riley of course. I highly doubt Sird will be the main villain of HGSS because the arc is going to be ending next volume and there is not a trace of her to be found. If they do end her in HGSS I won't care but I wouldn't say it's the best choice. She should have been the one gathering the legendaries in Sinnoh and got finished off in Platinum.

As far as her not appearing in any Gen past IV, you don't know that. We don't know what's planned for the future gens. Kusaka could make her appear anytime he wants no matter what gen it is, so this time limit thing you seem to have her on really doesn't imply. Though she should not appear past gen IV.

Well okay Sird's connections in HGSS is as of now theoretical but if you think about it it's very,very possible. Like I and several others have said before, how did the Rocket generals find out about Sinnoh legendaries? And if their intentions with Arceus was to just bring Giovanni back, then they could have done that with any legendary out there. They could have used one in their own respective region, like the legendary dogs or Ho-oh and Lugia. Or better yet, just simply repeat past events (or the doings in the games). What does using Arceus to summon Giovanni accomplish more than taking over the Radio Tower? It seems like if the Rocket generals were just trying to use Arceus to summon Giovanni and that's it, then it looks like there were several, much simpler alternatives to accomplish that feat?

And what's more, an appearance in HGSS would tie in with all the other seemingly irrelevant appearances in the past. And okay, I'm not Kusaka so I have no idea how this Sird plot will turn out until it does. But what I'm saying is, and it looks like you agree with me based on your last statement, is that Sird has absolutely NO place in the Gen V plot. How on earth will Kusaka tie her in with Plasma? I guess her obsession with the Pokedex will lead her to the PWT but like I said before, that is not relevant to the plot that Kusaka should, and probably will, feature at the time. I highly doubt there will be two separate plots for B2W2 since it wouldn't work out and it is definitely unneeded. All I'm saying is, based on Kusaka's past actions and previous events in the manga, it is not out of his style to do what I'm theorizing. There are still several plotholes left by Sird and the last opportunity to wrap them up is the HGSS chapter. Unless, of course, you count the Red chapter (is it a chapter or a round?)

Can someone post on his twitter asking him what his plans for Sird are? He successfully answered the question about Pryce and the Mahogany Gym (think he answered "It's a secret" which does make sense now that we know what happened) so perhaps he'll answer this one? If he answers something like that, then we definitely know that there is a plan with her. If Kusaka is going to ditch the whole Sird plot then he will probably answer honestly and this debate can end once and for all.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't doubt Sird will end, I just don't think it will be in HGSS and honestly nor should it. I have no problem with her being involved with the generals and telling them about Arceus. Heck that actually makes sense. I just fail to see Sird fully ending in a arc she hasn't even had one appearance in (HGSS) When Kusaka does decide to end Sird's story, I do expect her to actually play a role and not just pull a "Venom" and appear at the last second as the big bad of a story arc she's barely been in. Sird feels long overdue and I still think the Platinum arc is where she belonged to have her end story but I'm not Kusaka and he's written a amazing series with PokeSpecial so I won't dismiss Sird. I'm just sick of all these Sird theories and Sird herself. I'll probably be happy when she appears though, weird eh?

Macromind101

I don't doubt Sird will end, I just don't think it will be in HGSS and honestly nor should it. I have no problem with her being involved with the generals and telling them about Arceus. Heck that actually makes sense. I just fail to see Sird fully ending in a arc she hasn't even had one appearance in (HGSS) When Kusaka does decide to end Sird's story, I do expect her to actually play a role and not just pull a "Venom" and appear at the last second as the big bad of a story arc she's barely been in. Sird feels long overdue and I still think the Platinum arc is where she belonged to have her end story but I'm not Kusaka and he's written a amazing series with PokeSpecial so I won't dismiss Sird. I'm just sick of all these Sird theories and Sird herself. I'll probably be happy when she appears though, weird eh?

What I see wrong with your claim is that one volume is plenty of time for a final climax. The final battle in Platinum was all fitted inside one volume so why can't it be so in HGSS? Usually, final volumes of a chapter have several, short rounds. It's not that much of a stretch. At the start of the next volume, Archer could explain how some mysterious woman told him and the other generals about Arceus and how it could bring Giovanni back. Then some chuckling, shadowed figure in the corner could confirm it and walk forward, revealing itself to be Sird. She could then spend the rest of the round talking about her motives that spanned across five chapters and then the final battle could commerce. The final battle will take up most of the volume which is around 8-10 rounds and then there will be one final round concluding the HGSS chapter and then there will be one or two rounds of BW to wrap up Volume 43.

And I definitely see what you mean and I agree with you. I started this thread to call attention to Sird's flaws and it looks like there are a lot of agreements and disagreements about the matter. And yes, I too want REALLY badly to see Sird's story wrapped up. For an original manga villain, she has lasted WAY too long. But just one thing I want answered from those who want to see Sird in B2W2 is how will that tie in with the plot? Doesn't it seem like too much of a stretch to have Sird affiliated with Team Plasma? What motive could she have in joining that group? And I think it's too much for Sird to be connected to Plasma after she is connected to all four villainous teams and I'm sure others think so too. If Sird is not affiliated with Plasma, then that would make her even more of a sore thumb as she would not fit in with the plot. Even for Kusaka, it would be kind of hard to fit Sird into B2W2 CONVENIENTLY. Just please someone answer this one question.

EDIT: Okay I finished reading Coronis's summaries. What I would like to know now is that if there isn't some greater evil behind this Arceus plot, then what is the situation currently and why does it requires an additional volume to cover up? Now that Giovanni is back, Archer and the generals' plans are complete so their motives are over. The only one who is in danger now is Petrel, the other generals were loyal all throughout. Arceus completed the creation of the Creation trio but I don't recall a time where a Pokemon under its own control had malicious intentions so there shouldn't be anyone in danger due to the creation. So I don't see why Giovanni, Lance and Pryce are looking so grim. The one who formerly controlled Arceus accomplished his goals so there is no longer any reason for him to cause any more havoc. If Giovanni doesn't want his minions to wreak havoc (and I seriously doubt he does anymore, because it seems as if Giovanni reformed for the most part, Lance said that he will no longer pursue his dreams in the GSC arc and Pryce's heart "melted" (he never attempted destruction anyway, just attempted to obtain Celebi to reunite his Lapras with his parents)) then what more problems could there possibly be. This brings me back to my statement above.

Last edited:

G-SANtos

And well about the World Tournament, to be completely honest I don't think it contributes too much to the overall plot of B2W2. I think the reason everyone wants the PWT is because they want a dexholder reunion. But in my opinion, I don't think a dexholder reunion would make much sense after Generation IV.
As we know, Kusaka likes to emulate the gameplay of the series in the manga. The World Tournament is obligatory to proceed in the story in the games. I know you only fight Hue, Cheren and Achroma (Corless) in the main story, but the main point of the World Tournament is the crossover. Even the anime is/will be doing this. Not putting the World Tournament in the manga would be unusual of him (I think), and putting the World Tournament without a reunion would be unexcusable.

It would get WAY too repetitive and Generation V is the perfect place to stop dexholder reunions because it was supposed to be a "fresh new start". The Generation I dexholders are adults at that point, and I think displaying the seniors as adults would sorta ruin the earlier chapters. If the dexholders are in their 20's then I think that's the age point where some of them start to realize their feelings for each other and become couples...and this manga is not centered around shipping so that again would ruin the earlier chapters.
From what I heard, Gen III was also advertised as a "fresh new start", and look at what we got. Plus, it's not like they need to focus so much on the shipping, they could just put a single mention about it and nothing more. It's not like this manga has never had shipping/ship-tease before. Look:
-Iris teased Black about White (can't remember which month, but it's somewhere in the forum).
-Ruby and Sapphire are literally that, and that thing about Ruby's amnesia after the final battle (you know, about him forgetting Sapphire's confession) NEEDS to be solved at some point.
-Red and Yellow had their pinkies connected by that wire in the end of the Yellow arc.

Though the last one is a very subtle hint/nuance of Kusaka's part, and you need to know Japanese culture to understand. Just in case you don't know I will explain, in Japan it's said that soulmates have their pinkies connected by a red wire. This legend comes from the fact that there's an artery connecting the pinky to the heart. During the Meiji era (I think), some women cut their pinkies off and gave them to men as a promise of eternal love.

But again, a dexholder reunion is not the point. The point I'm trying to make is how will Sird appearing in the PWT tie in with the plot that's going on at the current time? The plot at the time will probably be about neo-Team Plasma and Ghetsis's desire to freeze over Unova with Kyurem's forms. The only way to tie Sird in to the PWT is if Kusaka uses her desire for Pokedexes to tie her in to the PWT and even then there are a few flaws with that: first, that is an ENTIRELY different plot than the neo-Team Plasma and the Plasma plot is definitely a better plot there as that is the thing going on in the games and the manga's job is to advertise the games anyway.
Well, Achroma participates in the World Tournament in the games. Does the game explain his reasons for this? If not, Kusaka can create a reason there.

There are great new villains in the new Generation V so why on earth should Kusaka keep a decade-old washed up villain like Sird when he could be doing so much better with newer villains from Team Plasma? The only instances where a villain from several chapters ago reappears is when the game version of that chapter has that villain and even then, the villain isn't even evil at that point (or at least playing the role of the main antagonist). Giovanni's intentions in FRLG were anything but evil as he was trying to find his long-lost son and see him one last time before he dies (so I guess his role there is an anti-villain?) and Lance (and Pryce now) are not playing the roles of villains in the current HGSS chapter. Sird isn't even a character in the games so there is little to no reason to have her in B2W2 or any future chapter. It's been said by several posters in the earlier part of this thread but I'll say it again: why keep old washed-up Sird when there are great new villains and plots to utilize from here on out? In my opinion, I would actually have the whole Sird plot ditched and left inconclusive rather than have her appear in any chapter beyond Generation IV.
The same thing could be said for Platinum arc. Why use Saque there when there's Team Galactic? Also, your statement about villains only reappearing in new arcs when they appear in the game version is false, Sakaki (Giovanni) appeared at the end of R/S arc.

Yeah tbt if Volume 43 is really ending HGSS (and if BW is really a part of it meaning the volume is not even all HGSS) then sadly I don't see a full-on plot of Sird's final battle and defeat. I have to disagree on your Platinum claim though. I don't really see Sird taking over for Galactic. If my theory is true, then Sird wouldn't have had anything more to do with Galactic which is why she left. And Platinum was three volumes, just like all non-main version pair chapters which all have three or four volumes so I don't think it was rushed.
Dude, Kusaka has to deal with multiple arcs at the same time, of course the non-main pair arcs are rushed. Specially in Generation IV, as HGSS hadn't even started when the BW games were going to be released.

Well, at this point if there really are a few rounds left for HGSS then I have to conclude that maybe Sird was never meant to have some ultimate showdown. (and I don't see her appearance in Gen V as a possibility) Maybe she was behind the Rocket general's Arceus plot but her real intent was to use the legendaries to open up a portal to a dimension where she was really from, just locked out after some chaos that blew her out. And so she wanted the legendaries to go back to her home dimension which was her real reason for joining Galactic and wanting the Creation trio. If something like that happens, then it wouldn't take up too much rounds. I know this is one of the most corniest ending to a villain in manga history and it would bring on the full-scale rage of fans but if Kusaka wishes to end Sird in the little time he has left (and again, Sird has no place in any future chapters) then a corny ending where Sird turns out to not be evil after all and doesn't need to be killed to have her story wrapped up is the only way to end her. But then again, it's Kusaka who can come up with anything to satisfy his fans.
Interesting theory. If this were Digimon, it could happen, as they have Millenniumon (and it's Evolutions), Chronmon, and Quartzmon. But this is Pokémon, a franchise that doesn't care about the multiverse. While the anime, games, and multiple manga would count as separte universes, composing a multiverse, the franchise itself doesn't care about this, as the main series games, the main canon, all happen in the same universe. Although, theoretically, Dialga and Palkia's combined powers could open doors to other universes, I don't see them this ever being used unless they decide to make a crossover with nother monster franchise.

And what's more, an appearance in HGSS would tie in with all the other seemingly irrelevant appearances in the past. And okay, I'm not Kusaka so I have no idea how this Sird plot will turn out until it does. But what I'm saying is, and it looks like you agree with me based on your last statement, is that Sird has absolutely NO place in the Gen V plot. How on earth will Kusaka tie her in with Plasma? I guess her obsession with the Pokedex will lead her to the PWT but like I said before, that is not relevant to the plot that Kusaka should, and probably will, feature at the time. I highly doubt there will be two separate plots for B2W2 since it wouldn't work out and it is definitely unneeded. All I'm saying is, based on Kusaka's past actions and previous events in the manga, it is not out of his style to do what I'm theorizing. There are still several plotholes left by Sird and the last opportunity to wrap them up is the HGSS chapter. Unless, of course, you count the Red chapter (is it a chapter or a round?)
You could say the same about Generation IV. The only hint of a connection was a character's unfinished line in the end of the last of a Generation. HGSS still hasn't finished, so they could hint a connection in the end of HGSS's final chapter, like they did in Emerald.
About how they will connect her with Team Plasma: N? Masuda explicitly said N's parents are unknown, and I don't think they will ever be brought up in the games, so Kusaka could use this and say Saque is his mother. Just a wild guess, but the only other possibility I can think of right now would be that she's Achroma's sister, but I still haven't read the arcs (I'm still in GSC and I don't have much time to read them), so I'm not an expert in the manga.

e9310103838

As we know, Kusaka likes to emulate the gameplay of the series in the manga. The World Tournament is obligatory to proceed in the story in the games. I know you only fight Hue, Cheren and Achroma (Corless) in the main story, but the main point of the World Tournament is the crossover. Even the anime is/will be doing this. Not putting the World Tournament in the manga would be unusual of him (I think), and putting the World Tournament without a reunion would be unexcusable.

And Bianca......

From what I heard, Gen III was also advertised as a "fresh new start", and look at what we got. Plus, it's not like they need to focus so much on the shipping, they could just put a single mention about it and nothing more. It's not like this manga has never had shipping/ship-tease before. Look:
-Iris teased Black about White (can't remember which month, but it's somewhere in the forum).
-Ruby and Sapphire are literally that, and that thing about Ruby's amnesia after the final battle (you know, about him forgetting Sapphire's confession) NEEDS to be solved at some point.
-Red and Yellow had their pinkies connected by that wire in the end of the Yellow arc.

In the first popular vote, the official website even label Yellow is Red's valentine. (Although the latter filling (?))

Interesting theory. If this were Digimon, it could happen, as they have Millenniumon (and it's Evolutions), Chronmon, and Quartzmon. But this is Pokémon, a franchise that doesn't care about the multiverse. While the anime, games, and multiple manga would count as separte universes, composing a multiverse, the franchise itself doesn't care about this, as the main series games, the main canon, all happen in the same universe. Although, theoretically, Dialga and Palkia's combined powers could open doors to other universes, I don't see them this ever being used unless they decide to make a crossover with nother monster franchise.

We have Unown's world (when summoned Arceus), the chink of time, Distortion World, and Dream World (maybe......)

Perhaps Mirage Island and Celebi with Ruby and Sapphire to go the world can be regarded as a parallel universe XD

;245;

Last edited:

Macromind101

Oh God, there's way too much rebuttals made here. Okay I'll try to answer as much as I can.

The guys above me is correct. There were several instances where another dimension was portrayed in both the games and the manga. Kusaka definitely utilizes the multiverse theory.

And yes I do agree that unless Kusaka makes something out of it and fast, Sird's connection to Galactic is extremely unnecessary and non-contributing. And I have no idea why Sird did not appear in the Platinum chapter as that may have been a convenient place to finish her off. But it didn't. And since HGSS is using legendaries that Galactic tried to use, Sird's connection to Galactic can only be utilized at that point. If Sird is not utilized in HGSS, then what the heck was the point of making her last this long anyway? According to my memory, the last time Sird ever contributed to the plot in the manga was in the Emerald chapter where Archie explained who gave him the weapons. And that was, like, five years ago. I don't see the Cloaked Grunt and the missing Dexes as a contributer to the plot because the three got their Dexes back almost right after they were stolen and with hardly any fight. Point is, as of now Kusaka never made anything out of Sird's affiliation with Galactic that was a contributer to the plot. His last chance is in HGSS. And Sird being affiliated with Plasma is just too much. First, Sird is connected to too many villainous teams already. And it doesn't even look like she is loyal to any of them. And also, Kusaka pulled the affiliation thing once. So far, nothing came out of it (well there's still one more volume of HGSS left so still hope). I don't think Kusaka should get away with pulling it a second time when the first time already failed. It would bring on the rage of fans and too many panels would be filled up with useless material. And we all know that Kusaka never leaves any plotholes behind. I don't think he will do so this time. I have faith in him.

Okay, third versions and remake pairs. In Gen III and IV, the non-postgame plots are almost identical to their predecessors. Meaning Kusaka already covered them in previous chapters. The only elements plot-wise that are new to the third versions and remakes are either after the game or something to do with legendaries. The main version chapters span 8ish volumes because Kusaka needs to cover the new material. After he does that and he gets to the third version and remake chapters, he only needs to add in the new elements into the chapters. If he adds in the main plot, then it would just mirror the events of a previous chapter. (like, FRLG's plot would just repeat the history of the RGB chapter). Remakes and third versions do have lots of (and nice) enhancements but they don't take 8 volumes to cover. Three or four volumes is plenty enough to cover those extra features. If there is an element from a third version and/or remake not featured in the corresponding chapter in the manga, then please point it out to me because I haven't noticed one yet.

I don't think Kusaka and his work are suffering from rushing. Okay if the HGSS chapter ended like it did in the magazine runs then I would have to admit that he's rushing but he added an alternative ending and an additional volume. It's been more than two years since HGSS came out and I think people lost interest in playing the games when BW came out almost two years ago (well I'm sure some people play HGSS just for fun at times but they're probably not the main Pokemon priority of the general population). Kusaka is still working on HGSS and giving it a proper ending so I don't see how rushing is a problem here. I also think that Kusaka has good organization skills that allows him to keep his quality despite the time constraints. Right now the focus is the BW chapter whose volumes get released every month (is it volumes? or large chunks of magazine? either way). Kusaka keeps up with the monthly releases by devoting most of his time on it. As with past, unfinished projects, Kusaka probably spends an hour a week or so of his spare time on the overdue project when not working on his main project. I think the time difference between the releases of Volume 39 and 40/41 was almost a year. The time difference between the releases of Volume 41 and 42 was around three to four months. Kusaka knows what his main priorities are and keeps himself organized to not submit to time constraints. Platinum version's popularity decreased by the time HGSS came out. The last volume of Platinum came out a year after BW came out, two years after the popularity of Platinum decreased and three years after it was released. If Kusaka really submits to time constraints, then he would have ended the Platinum chapter two years before it did with a MUCH more disappointing ending (if it were even existent). The Platinum chapter came out fine imo, everything that needed to be added was added and the ending was satisfactory. The only disappointment was Sird not appearing but there may be reasons for that.

I never said the manga has zero shipping. I meant that it's not centered around shipping. Like, the entirety of the plot is not affected by shipping (and I'm not counting awkward moments like the Yellow being a girl scene in the GSC chapter). I guess Ruby x Sapphire (don't remember the shipping name) is the pairing that went the furthest in the series but obviously Kusaka did not want them to become a couple or anything like that because he erased Ruby's memory. If he really wanted Dexholders being couples in the manga, then he probably would have done one by now. Okay, no manga is complete without shipping, but it's clear that Kusaka does not want to go too far with the romance. Dexholders being couples would create tension and unneeded drama that would interfere with the plot. Okay, since the oldest Dexholders are 19 and 20 at the time of HGSS and if they appear there, then I guess the most popular shipping (I think it's Red x Yellow) can be utilized to some extent, like the two share one kiss or accidentally fall asleep in the same bed but making them lovey-dovey couples and having them hold hands every effing second they are together would definitely ruin the earlier chapters in the manga (and it would possibly lose some of its audience, the kinds of people who like Pokemon Adventures due to the lack of "serious" shipping).

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

It has been resolved.

Someone asked on the official site. He's faking it.

G-SANtos

And Bianca......
No. The first time you enter (which is when you must do so to advance in the story), you only fight Hue, Cheren and Achroma.

In the first popular vote, the official website even label Yellow is Red's valentine. (Although the latter filling (?))
Which just rises the chances of it becoming canon if Kusaka ever decides to ship the characters.

We have Unown's World (when summoned Arceus), Distortion World, and Dream World (maybe......)
The guys above me is correct. There were several instances where another dimension was portrayed in both the games and the manga. Kusaka definitely utilizes the multiverse theory.
Which are just different dimensions. I don't see "dimension" as a synonimous of "universe". In my opinion, a fictional universe can be composed of multiple dimensions. For example, the universe of the games has a Distortion World, the universe of SPECIAL has another, and the universe of the anime has another, but they aren't the same. This would mean that each dimension inside an universe would be something like a "subverse". If they were to be different universes, then wouldn't this mean they could accidentally enter the wrong Distortion World? For example, the SPECIAL crew entering the anime Distortion World, or vice-versa.

But I don't see how there could be two dimensions with humans in the same universe, so if Saque is from another dimension, it would strictly be from another universe, and I don't see multiversal traveling being used as a plot point anywhere in this franchise unless they decide to make a crossover game with another franchise.

And yes I do agree that unless Kusaka makes something out of it and fast, Sird's connection to Galactic is extremely unnecessary and non-contributing. And I have no idea why Sird did not appear in the Platinum chapter as that may have been a convenient place to finish her off. But it didn't. And since HGSS is using legendaries that Galactic tried to use, Sird's connection to Galactic can only be utilized at that point. If Sird is not utilized in HGSS, then what the heck was the point of making her last this long anyway? According to my memory, the last time Sird ever contributed to the plot in the manga was in the Emerald chapter where Archie explained who gave him the weapons. And that was, like, five years ago. I don't see the Cloaked Grunt and the missing Dexes as a contributer to the plot because the three got their Dexes back almost right after they were stolen and with hardly any fight. Point is, as of now Kusaka never made anything out of Sird's affiliation with Galactic that was a contributer to the plot. His last chance is in HGSS. And Sird being affiliated with Plasma is just too much. First, Sird is connected to too many villainous teams already. And it doesn't even look like she is loyal to any of them. And also, Kusaka pulled the affiliation thing once. So far, nothing came out of it (well there's still one more volume of HGSS left so still hope). I don't think Kusaka should get away with pulling it a second time when the first time already failed. It would bring on the rage of fans and too many panels would be filled up with useless material. And we all know that Kusaka never leaves any plotholes behind. I don't think he will do so this time. I have faith in him.
I'm not saying she can't be the one who told the Rocket generals about the Creation trio, but I don't think there's enough room to finish her off here, specially given that at this point, no one has even tried to pretend she exists. HGSS is not the place to finish her off. Like I said, the World Tournament is currently the best place to finish her.

Plus, Handsome (Looker), a member of the International Police, is a character in BW, so it would be weird for Kusaka to not include him in the Generation V arcs. If anything, we could find out Saque is an international criminal, and this would explain her multiple connections across the world.

Either that, OR she was actually a member of Team Plasma and G-Cis sent her to other regions for something to do with controlling the world. We know that in the games G-Cis wants to control Isshu (Unova), but Kusaka could expand this in the manga to have him wanting to control the entire world.

Also, there are some plotholes in the manga. Namely the entirety of the Emerald arc. I haven't read the arc yet, so I only know the things I heard here. The plotholes are:
-Ookido (Oak) refused to give a Zukan (Dex) to Gold because it would just be a battle tool for him, but gives one to Emerald who also only sees it as a battle tool.
-Ookido gave Odamaki (Birch) a Zukan that already had a registered owner. Why?
-Gold had a copy of Guile's armor, even though he wouldn't have enough time to do one.
This is all I can remember so far.

Okay, third versions and remake pairs. In Gen III and IV, the non-postgame plots are almost identical to their predecessors. Meaning Kusaka already covered them in previous chapters. The only elements plot-wise that are new to the third versions and remakes are either after the game or something to do with legendaries. The main version chapters span 8ish volumes because Kusaka needs to cover the new material. After he does that and he gets to the third version and remake chapters, he only needs to add in the new elements into the chapters. If he adds in the main plot, then it would just mirror the events of a previous chapter. (like, FRLG's plot would just repeat the history of the RGB chapter). Remakes and third versions do have lots of (and nice) enhancements but they don't take 8 volumes to cover. Three or four volumes is plenty enough to cover those extra features. If there is an element from a third version and/or remake not featured in the corresponding chapter in the manga, then please point it out to me because I haven't noticed one yet.

I don't think Kusaka and his work are suffering from rushing. Okay if the HGSS chapter ended like it did in the magazine runs then I would have to admit that he's rushing but he added an alternative ending and an additional volume. It's been more than two years since HGSS came out and I think people lost interest in playing the games when BW came out almost two years ago (well I'm sure some people play HGSS just for fun at times but they're probably not the main Pokemon priority of the general population). Kusaka is still working on HGSS and giving it a proper ending so I don't see how rushing is a problem here. I also think that Kusaka has good organization skills that allows him to keep his quality despite the time constraints. Right now the focus is the BW chapter whose volumes get released every month (is it volumes? or large chunks of magazine? either way). Kusaka keeps up with the monthly releases by devoting most of his time on it. As with past, unfinished projects, Kusaka probably spends an hour a week or so of his spare time on the overdue project when not working on his main project. I think the time difference between the releases of Volume 39 and 40/41 was almost a year. The time difference between the releases of Volume 41 and 42 was around three to four months. Kusaka knows that his main priorities are and keeps himself organized to not submit to time constraints. Platinum version's popularity decreased by the time HGSS came out. The last volume of Platinum came out a year after BW came out, which is two years after the popularity of Platinum decreased and a year after it was released. If Kusaka really submits to time constraints, then he would have ended the Platinum chapter two years before it did with a MUCH more disappointing ending (if it even exists). The Platinum chapter came out fine imo, everything that needed to be added was added and the ending was satisfactory. The only disappointment was Sird not appearing but there may be reasons for that.
The problem is, Kusaka has to finish an arc to start the next one. He obviously has to rush the remake arcs because of this. It's not like the story needs to repeat the events, but the fact is that all remake arcs had original plots using the elements from the games. I think the story could last more than three/four volumes if there wasn't rushing involved.

I never said the manga has zero shipping. I meant that it's not centered around shipping. Like, the entirety of the plot is not affected by shipping (and I'm not counting awkward moments like the Yellow being a girl scene in the GSC chapter). I guess Ruby x Sapphire (don't remember the shipping name) is the pairing that went the furthest in the series but obviously Kusaka did not want them to become a couple or anything like that because he erased Ruby's memory. If he really wanted Dexholders being couples in the manga, then he probably would have done one by now. Okay, no manga is complete without shipping, but it's clear that Kusaka does not want to go too far with the romance. Dexholders being couples would create tension and unneeded drama that would interfere with the plot. Okay, since the oldest Dexholders are 19 and 20 at the time of HGSS and if they appear there, then I guess the most popular shipping (I think it's Red x Yellow) can be utilized to some extent, like the two share one kiss or accidentally fall asleep in the same bed but making them lovey-dovey couples and having them hold hands every effing second they are together would definitely ruin the earlier chapters in the manga (and it would possibly lose some of its audience, the kinds of people who like Pokemon Adventures due to the lack of "serious" shipping).
He doesn't need to. Go watch Young Justice, you don't see Superboy and Miss Martian holding hands at every second. Nor Artemis and Kid Flash. Or Black Canary and Green Arrow. Or any other couple. It's perfectly possible to have serious shipping without making the characters hold hands all time.

It has been resolved.

Someone asked on the official site. He's faking it.
What the what!? Why? Has the reason been asked?

Last edited:

Macromind101

No. The first time you enter (which is when you must do so to advance in the story), you only fight Hue, Cheren and Achroma.

Which just rises the chances of it becoming canon if Kusaka ever decides to ship the characters.

Which are just different dimensions. I don't see "dimension" as a synonimous of "universe". In my opinion, a fictional universe can be composed of multiple dimensions. For example, the universe of the games has a Distortion World, the universe of SPECIAL has another, and the universe of the anime has another, but they aren't the same. This would mean that each dimension inside an universe would be something like a "subverse". If they were to be different universes, then wouldn't this mean they could accidentally enter the wrong Distortion World? For example, the SPECIAL crew entering the anime Distortion World, or vice-versa.

But I don't see how there could be two dimensions with humans in the same universe, so if Saque is from another dimension, it would strictly be from another universe, and I don't see multiversal traveling being used as a plot point anywhere in this franchise unless they decide to make a crossover game with another franchise.

I'm not saying she can't be the one who told the Rocket generals about the Creation trio, but I don't think there's enough room to finish her off here, specially given that at this point, no one has even tried to pretend she exists. HGSS is not the place to finish her off. Like I said, the World Tournament is currently the best place to finish her.

Plus, Handsome (Looker), a member of the International Police, is a character in BW, so it would be weird for Kusaka to not include him in the Generation V arcs. If anything, we could find out Saque is an international criminal, and this would explain her multiple connections across the world.

Either that, OR she was actually a member of Team Plasma and G-Cis sent her to other regions for something to do with controlling the world. We know that in the games G-Cis wants to control Isshu (Unova), but Kusaka could expand this in the manga.

Also, there are some plotholes in the manga. Namely the entirety of the Emerald arc. I haven't read the arc yet, so I only know the things I heard here. The plotholes are:
-Ookido (Oak) refused to give a Zukan (Dex) to Gold because it would just be a battle tool for him, but gives one to Emerald who also only sees it as a battle tool.
-Ookido gave Odamaki (Birch) a Zukan that already had a registered owner. Why?
-Gold had a copy of Guile's armor, even though he wouldn't have enough time to do one.
This is all I can remember so far.

The problem is, Kusaka has to finish an arc to start the next one. He obviously has to rush the remake arcs because of this. It's not like the story needs to repeat the events, but the fact is that all remake arcs had original plots using the elements from the games. I think the story could last more than three/four volumes if there wasn't rushing involved.

He doesn't need to. Go watch Young Justice, you don't see Superboy and Miss Martian holding hands at every second. Nor Artemis and Kid Flash. Or Black Canary and Green Arrow. Or any other couple. It's perfectly possible to have serious shipping without making the characters hold hands all time.

What the what!? Why? Has the reason been asked?

I have already stated how it can in fact fit in one volume. I don't remember if it was in this thread or another. And I want a question asked (I said it before but since you keep ignoring that question I'll ask it one last time). How will Kusaka be able to fit Sird into the B2W2 plot when it will most likely (and should) be about neo-Team Plasma and Ghetsis's plan with Kyurem? Ghetsis and Sird have two entirely different plans. I don't see them working together (nor with Corless). Sure, I guess if the Dexholders all met in one place then that would be the perfect time for Sird to swoop in and attempt at stealing their Pokedex but that does not fit in with (what should be) the main plot. And Sird is with Galactic. Although we do not know what her motives for joining Galactic are nor do we know if she's still loyal to them due to her disappearance in the Platinum chapter, I can't see it being related in any way to Plasma's cause. Just think about it for a minute. Do you really want Sird being affiliated with Plasma as well, after all the teams she's gone through and how little that's accomplished? And believe me, after nearly a decade with this, I would be fine with any scenario that finishes Sird off. I just don't want her finished off in a place where she doesn't fit in.

I find that unlikely. If Sird's true affiliations are with Plasma, then why does she have a preference for Galactic over Rocket? It looked like her actions in FRLG and Emerald were all for Galactic. And if Sird was out to dominate each region, then why did she leave right after she did something that benefited Cyrus? If she didn't stick around after petrifying the Kanto Dexholders and Silver and giving the weapons to Archie then it doesn't look like she wanted to do anything more than to please Cyrus. If her true affiliations were with Plasma rather than Galactic, then why did Sird go to Galactic grunts rather than Plasma grunts after the events in FRLG? And when Crystal asked Archie who gave him the weapons, why did Archie stutter "Galac..." instead of "Plasma"? If Sird really was from Plasma, then she would have told Archie that she was from Galactic rather than Plasma (yes I know that Plasma didn't exist at the time but looking at the manga's continuity). I'm sure Kusaka had plans for Sird when he designed her and since no hint of Gen V was given at the time, I don't think Kusaka would completely redesign Sird's plot due to new game elements (well maybe slightly, I'm sure all recurring villains received that fate but not completely overhauled).

None of them are plotholes...they're not even mysteries, they were already explained. Oak didn't want to give Emerald a Pokedex at first, remember? It's been a while since I read Emerald so I may recall wrong but I think Oak gave Emerald the Pokedex after his reformation. For the second one, there are plenty of explanations for that (maybe there already is an explanation, my memory is fuzzy). Oak wanted Birch to choose who to give the Dex to or he wanted him to give it to Emerald when he was ready? And can you keep track of the time within the manga? And besides, he's Gold, he surprises everyone. Those you mentioned may come off as "goofs" but they're definitely not plotholes.

Okay then name some elements that should have been necessary in the third version/remake chapters that weren't included. Sird doesn't count because it's not too late to add her in (maybe Kusaka thought it wasn't the best time to finish her off). And in addition, if the remake and third version chapters each have as much volumes as their original pairing predecessors, then starting from Gen III there would have been 24ish volumes in one Generation. That is WAY too much and there will definitely be repetition and/or unnecessary elements in those large stacks of volumes. And the plots didn't differ too much at all. The only difference between the originals and the remakes is that the remakes have more Pokemon available and there are VERY few additional elements before post-game. And Kusaka adds in the post-game elements. They don't take more than four volumes to cover. Okay, and I admit that if Kusaka wanted to, then he could make the chapters longer. But I don't think the manga would benefit too much from a longer chapter with almost no game elements within it. The manga's job is to advertise the games and it's okay (it's necessary) to go off on a tangent for a bit but not so much that it's something completely different, like 20% game-derived and 80% original. I don't think rushing is the problem with the short chapters, it's that longer chapters are not necessary.

Last edited:

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I have already stated how it can in fact fit in one volume. I don't remember if it was in this thread or another. And I want a question asked (I said it before but since you keep ignoring that question I'll ask it one last time). How will Kusaka be able to fit Sird into the B2W2 plot when it will most likely (and should) be about neo-Team Plasma and Ghetsis's plan with Kyurem? Ghetsis and Sird have two entirely different plans. I don't see them working together (nor with Corless). Sure, I guess if the Dexholders all met in one place then that would be the perfect time for Sird to swoop in and attempt at stealing their Pokedex but that does not fit in with (what should be) the main plot. And Sird is with Galactic. Although we do not know what her motives for joining Galactic are nor do we know if she's still loyal to them due to her disappearance in the Platinum chapter, I can't see it being related in any way to Plasma's cause. Just think about it for a minute. Do you really want Sird being affiliated with Plasma as well, after all the teams she's gone through and how little that's accomplished? And believe me, after nearly a decade with this, I would be fine with any scenario that finishes Sird off. I just don't want her finished off in a place where she doesn't fit in.

I find that unlikely. If Sird's true affiliations are with Plasma, then why does she have a preference for Galactic over Rocket? It looked like her actions in FRLG and Emerald were all for Galactic. And if Sird was out to dominate each region, then why did she leave right after she did something that benefited Cyrus? If she didn't stick around after petrifying the Kanto Dexholders and Silver and giving the weapons to Archie then it doesn't look like she wanted to do anything more than to please Cyrus. If her true affiliations were with Plasma rather than Galactic, then why did Sird go to Galactic grunts rather than Plasma grunts after the events in FRLG? And when Crystal asked Archie who gave him the weapons, why did Archie stutter "Galac..." instead of "Plasma"? If Sird really was from Plasma, then she would have told Archie that she was from Galactic rather than Plasma (yes I know that Plasma didn't exist at the time but looking at the manga's continuity). I'm sure Kusaka had plans for Sird when he designed her and since no hint of Gen V was given at the time, I don't think Kusaka would completely redesign Sird's plot due to new game elements (well maybe slightly, I'm sure all recurring villains received that fate but not completely overhauled).

None of them are plotholes...they're not even mysteries, they were already explained. Oak didn't want to give Emerald a Pokedex at first, remember? It's been a while since I read Emerald so I may recall wrong but I think Oak gave Emerald the Pokedex after his reformation. For the second one, there are plenty of explanations for that (maybe there already is an explanation, my memory is fuzzy). Oak wanted Birch to choose who to give the Dex to or he wanted him to give it to Emerald when he was ready? And can you keep track of the time within the manga? And besides, he's Gold, he surprises everyone. Those you mentioned may come off as "goofs" but they're definitely not plotholes.

Okay then name some elements that should have been necessary in the third version/remake chapters that weren't included. Sird doesn't count because it's not too late to add her in (maybe Kusaka thought it wasn't the best time to finish her off). And in addition, if the remake and third version chapters each have as much volumes as their original pairing predecessors, then starting from Gen III there would have been 24ish volumes in one Generation. That is WAY too much and there will definitely be repetition and/or unnecessary elements in those large stacks of volumes. And the plots didn't differ too much at all. The only difference between the originals and the remakes is that the remakes have more Pokemon available and there are VERY few additional elements before post-game. And Kusaka adds in the post-game elements. They don't take more than four volumes to cover. Okay, and I admit that if Kusaka wanted to, then he could make the chapters longer. But I don't think the manga would benefit too much from a longer chapter with almost no game elements within it. The manga's job is to advertise the games and it's okay (it's necessary) to go off on a tangent for a bit but not so much that it's something completely different, like 20% game-derived and 80% original. I don't think rushing is the problem with the short chapters, it's that longer chapters are not necessary.

Reading that whole argument kinda made my mind a mess, but I guess I can see what I can say. I agree that it's hard to think about Saque being with team Plasma, since Plasma didn't exist at that time, but I do remember in the games was stated that Getsis used to travel to find people who can help him in accomplishing his plans. It could be then, that before Saque was in team Galactic she met Getsis. He talked her into helping her, but before he need information about the teams that are creating havoc in other regions so he won't make the same mistake. He tells her to infiltrate into team Galatic and follow every demand of Cyrus until she got the info she needs. In Galactic Cyrus demands her to research into space, they heard about Team Rocket looking for a Pokemon from space, so she thought a perfect opportunity to get what Cyrus wants and research more about the way other evil teams are operating. After FRLG arc she uses Archie for her ambitions she tells him that she's from team Galactic instead of team Plasma, because what spy would tell others she is a spy? Would be quite stupid, rightt?
So after that she goes back to Sinnoh with the information for Cyrus. She researches some more about team Galactic and after the DP arc she disappears to Unova to give Getsis the information she collected. Maybe he sends her off to another infiltration in the world tournament, but Getsis has no idea that Sird is just using him for her own plans or whatever. Thought this theory sounds very ridiculous

Since it's Kusaka, I'm sure he'll come up with something. We were all surprised when Pryce made an appearance in the HGSS arc. Kusaka always amazes me when he comes with up with things for the arcs. In the DP and HGSS ending in the magazine were very disappointing to me, but Kusaka makes them much better in the tankoubon. I am sure kusaka has a reason for not finishing her off sooner, don't forget that Kusaka is limited and you can't pull a whole arc out of your head in one week. It's not like being a mangaka gives you a lot of free time.

RGB arc had 3 volumes just like FRLG arc and the Yellow arc had 4 volumes.
What about the embedded tower in HGSS? That one didn't appeared in the manga. In the Platinum arc they didn't show any sigh of the legendary bird trio. We haven't seen Steven either or Cynthia or any other gymleader from Sinnoh that did appear in the HGSS games and the Pokewalker system neither I am sure some people also expected some cameo's of Sinnoh's frontier brains. I am not sure if that's everything, but that's all I can remember what appeared in the games and not in the HGSS arc.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Has anyone mentioned that the legend of Veilstone regarding the armour Sird offered Archie is connected to the Musketeer-Trio of Unova? I think we still have a lot to see of Sird...

Status
Not open for further replies.