• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Sird???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macromind101

She was busy evading Mewtwo?

But for 3+ years? A chase that long must be really tiring. Poor Starmie, having to carry its trainer on its back fleeing and dodging attacks for more than three years. And does Sird not need to sleep or eat or anything like that?

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
But for 3+ years? A chase that long must be really tiring. Poor Starmie, having to carry its trainer on its back fleeing and dodging attacks for more than three years. And does Sird not need to sleep or eat or anything like that?

Picturing that makes my stomach hurt from laughter. I think she fled form Mewtwo the first couple of months, then she went into hiding to make sure she lost Mewtwo and then tried to find a way how to get cured from Lorelei's ice? Remember even Red didn't knew about the hot-springs until Daisy found out about it and then... she could have done some planning.

Macromind101

Okay I have another theory for future appearances of Sird. Not saying it will happen (probably won't happen exactly as I predict) but I bet it'll follow a similar trend.

After Sird escaped from Riley as mentioned in the Platinum chapter, Mewtwo caught up with her in the Sinnoh region. Sird continued to run away and eventually she was forced to go to as far as the Unova region to shake him off. There, Sird found out about the affairs of Team Plasma and she discovered Ghetsis's plot to sabotage the Pokemon League. Wanting to find out more, she disguised herself as Hood Man and partook in it just to get close to Plasma's big attack. And then going into the events of Black & White 2, Sird finds about about some plot by Ghetsis to host a world tournament (yes, I'm also predicting with this theory that the PWT will be organized by Plasma). Interested by that and also figuring that it would be a good place to gather all past Dexholders so that Sird can snatch them all at once, Sird feigns loyalty to Ghetsis to get in on the plot. Oh and I'm gonna predict that Mewtwo will catch up with Sird in Unova eventually and soon encounter Genesect, a man-made Pokemon created by Plasma similarly to how Mewtwo was created by Rocket. Mewtwo fights Genesect like how it fought Deoxys, another Pokemon created in a similar fashion as Mewtwo, and it will get to showcase its signature move. Oh yes, and in the PWT, we will get to see Ghetsis unleash his plot as well as Sird doing her own thing. The Unova Dexholders will try to stop Ghetsis while the other Dexholders will finally get to finish off Sird since they all had some form of conflict with her, either directly or indirectly.

EDIT: Oh actually, scratch the line about Sird finding out about Ghetsis's plan to host the PWT. Rather, Sird manipulates Ghetsis to host the PWT, convincing him that it's a good idea for Plasma and Ghetsis's plot but in reality it's just a ploy to get all the Dexholders inside one stadium at once.

2nd Edit: Oh and if Sird really is Hood Man (okay I know I'm being really bold with this theory since it's not even confirmed yet who Hood Man is) then maybe she's wearing the armor for similar reasons with Guile? Maybe she was severely injured in the battle with either Riley or the chase with Mewtwo that she was forced to wear armor that preserves her body?

Last edited:

Macromind101

Okay good news guys. Viz will release Volume 37 in a few weeks which will introduce Sird to America (hopefully). And also, the next volume will reveal to us what Sird's official English name is (if not the previous volume, but that's doubtful since Jupiter never referred to Sird by her name in Volume 37) so get your editing tools ready! :3

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Okay good news guys. Viz will release Volume 37 in a few weeks which will introduce Sird to America (hopefully). And also, the next volume will reveal to us what Sird's official English name is (if not the previous volume, but that's doubtful since Jupiter never referred to Sird by her name in Volume 37) so get your editing tools ready! :3

I don't really care about Saque's english name. Sird/ Saque those are fine to use already. Maybe they'll skip the scene where Saque appears, though not leaving her scene out brings also a big plot hole.

e9310103838

EDIT: Oh actually, scratch the line about Sird finding out about Ghetsis's plan to host the PWT. Rather, Sird manipulates Ghetsis to host the PWT, convincing him that it's a good idea for Plasma and Ghetsis's plot but in reality it's just a ploy to get all the Dexholders inside one stadium at once.

But in game PWT hosted by Clay...... :537:

Macromind101

I don't really care about Saque's english name. Sird/ Saque those are fine to use already. Maybe they'll skip the scene where Saque appears, though not leaving her scene out brings also a big plot hole.

Yeah but for some reason for which I don't know why, American readers of Pokemon Adventures seem to go by how Viz translates stuff. For example, you don't see people still calling Gold's Togepi/Togekiss "Togetaro" after the GSC volumes were released by Viz. Also, Bulbapedia seems to go by Viz's translations. I'm just saying that if Viz decides to name Sird/Saque something other than the mentioned two (if she even appears in Volume 38 which I'm hoping to Arceus that she will) then Bulbapedia will follow that and we would probably have to get adapted to Sird's new name.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No...

People can call her whatever name they want, as long as it's an official one.

This isn't Bulbapedia, so it has nothing to do here.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream

But in game PWT hosted by Clay......

Who says that only Evil Team Leaders can be manipulated by Sird? If they wanted to go down this route, they could easily make Clay fall into Sird's scheme.

Yeah but for some reason for which I don't know why, American readers of Pokemon Adventures seem to go by how Viz translates stuff. For example, you don't see people still calling Gold's Togepi/Togekiss "Togetaro" after the GSC volumes were released by Viz. Also, Bulbapedia seems to go by Viz's translations. I'm just saying that if Viz decides to name Sird/Saque something other than the mentioned two (if she even appears in Volume 38 which I'm hoping to Arceus that she will) then Bulbapedia will follow that and we would probably have to get adapted to Sird's new name.

1.) I can't see them using anything else but "Saque". While "Sird" is the name that's fresh in everybody's minds, Viz and Chuang Yi are two very different companies.

2.) I don't care what Bulbapedia says, I'll call her what I want to call her. Just because Bulbapedia chooses one particular name doesn't mean that everybody in the whole English-speaking world has to adapt to it. What about the Singaporeans? Do they have to buck their localized version's canon because some wiki-editing bureaucrats love the sound of a particular name? No. Worst case scenario is that she'll have ONE more name. Is that really so hard to remember?

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
2.) I don't care what Bulbapedia says, I'll call her what I want to call her. Just because Bulbapedia chooses one particular name doesn't mean that everybody in the whole English-speaking world has to adapt to it. What about the Singaporeans? Do they have to buck their localized version's canon because some wiki-editing bureaucrats love the sound of a particular name? No. Worst case scenario is that she'll have ONE more name. Is that really so hard to remember?

It's kinda like with Green and Blue. Some people use their english names, others their Japanese. I prefer sticking with Japanese nicknames for most pokemon. everyone has their own taste and can use whatever name they want. I just hate people who whine about how other people call the dexowners pokemon or some characters.

Macromind101

Well whatever her name turns out to be, I hope it's something more ominous and tingling to the senses than "Sird". Her Korean name, Saiki, sounds more like something that came out of a horror movie, which is something that Sird needs to represent. Maybe Saeke?

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Well whatever her name turns out to be, I hope it's something more ominous and tingling to the senses than "Sird". Her Korean name, Saiki, sounds more like something that came out of a horror movie, which is something that Sird needs to represent. Maybe Saeke?

I think Saque fits her well. It gives that air of mystery and mystique with a hint of evil. Perfect for a manipulative viperous mistress like herself.

...How did the Korean localization team come up with "Saiki" instead of "Saki" (the romanization of her name's katakana)?

Status
Not open for further replies.