• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to the US airing of Special episode 37 (Cilan, Clemont, and Bonnie)?

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
Sorry if this is a stupid question, or one that is asked a lot, but title...I couldn't find discussion regarding this in relevant threads. Bulbapedia mentioned nothing of the reasons...

Crazy how I decided to make an account after lurking and having known of this site since gen 3 or 4.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
This just kind of happens for most specials these days, as well...maybe TCPI is too lazy to actually do so

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
They just don't dub the Ash free specials starring former companions :(

There are half a dozen others they haven't dubbed either, and it looks like they never will.
I could understand not airing them, but you'd think they'd show them online like other material they dubbed but wasn't played on TV :mad:

DatsRight

Oddly they didn't dub that one but DID dub that rather depressing and esoteric Legend of XYZ special.

Maybe they only wanted to bother with one and Cilan's English VA wasn't available at the time or something.

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
Thanks for the responses. I am at least glad there may be more Pokemon specials than I previously thought that may be important that I also haven't yet seen...

Jeal

Thanks for the responses. I am at least glad there may be more Pokemon specials than I previously thought that may be important that I also haven't yet seen...
Mainly Pikachu shorts, specials about recurring characters( Casey and Ritchie), companions after journey(Misty, Dawn, Brock, Cilan...) and spin-off games like Mistery Dungeon and Pokémon Rangers.

A list of special episodes: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_side_story_episodes

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Hmmm, none for Sun and Moom, yet?
Any sun and moon specials would be more likely to air after the season finished

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
These specials were never intended to be dubbed to begin with, and I think that's because Ash doesn't appear in them, and TPCi feels that if Ash isn't there, it isn't worth it. Shows just how much of a core Ash is to the series.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
These specials were never intended to be dubbed to begin with, and I think that's because Ash doesn't appear in them, and TPCi feels that if Ash isn't there, it isn't worth it. Shows just how much of a core Ash is to the series.
It doesn't explain "The Legend of X, Y, and Z!"

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It doesn't explain "The Legend of X, Y, and Z!"
Nothing explains why they chose to dub that episode, except maybe because it's the only main series appearance of Yveltal.

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
That episode started off internal theories in me about Bonnie's strong potential as a trainer and possible role in the future...