1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What has been the biggest influence on your life? What did it teach you?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by SolidWolverine, Oct 18, 2012.

1. SolidWolverine

SolidWolverine Well-Known Member

At some point in time everyone has been influenced by one thing or another. We've all had those moments in life where we absorb something that sticks with us and determines what kind of person we become, or will eventually grow up to be, and the type of things we do.

So my question is, what person, place, or event had the biggest influence on your life? Can you recall that one thing(or multiple things) that had a dramatic affect on your life?

It could come from anywhere: A parent, a close friend, mentor, a particular event, and even sometimes, videogames, movies, or some other type of media outlet.

What thing(s) influenced the course of your life the most?

2. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

My mom, without her I'd be lost.

3. Sigilyph2

Sigilyph2 Trainer of Champions

My dad. He has influenced me musically very much, athletically, and in video games, education, work, and many aspects of my life.

4. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

the bible.........

5. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

6. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Gonna go and say my mom as well. Nobody else really gave a ****.

7. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

My dad. It wasn't direct, but seeing him playing the piano so darn well even when he never even had proper lessons in his life always encouraged me to practise playing my piano harder, even when I was about to give up. (Piano isn't exactly the biggest factor in my life, but I still do love playing the instrument...)

8. Silver Bolt

Silver Bolt Undying flames

My grandfather. He taught me everything I know, and if it wasn't for him, I would never have made it this far.

9. Dragalge

Dragalge Ronathan Edwards sucks

My family and a few friends.

10. Wikipedia
    My mom and brothers...

11. GoggleBoy

GoggleBoy Well-Known Member

My parents. They taught me that hard work pays off. They made me a warrior. Never quit!

12. Aegon

Aegon _

Doctor Who.

13. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

My dad. For the first for years of my life, he spent every second he could teaching me. Without that, I wouldn't be as smart, and it makes me want to do the same when I have a kid.

14. Classified

Classified Crit Hater

The pokedex

jk, my mom and bro

15. Savanny Killersaurus

Savanny Killersaurus In Another Castle

My high school band teacher.
    He taught me the importance of teamwork, perseverance, and how to always do your best.
    He is my favorite teacher of all time.

16. Moonrox

Moonrox Shaymin Enthusiast

My grade 5 teacher. I'm currently in grade 7, and a man from a different school was coming to teach our school about "leadership" and I hated it. The only people anyone paid attention to were the popular two-faced kind of kids. I just told a teacher I was leaving, because I'd rather not be ignored when I shouldn't be. My grade 5 teacher found me. He taught me about self-confidence. Difference from the usual be your self lecture is that he treated me like I was, not like everyone else does (which is stupid, ugly, useless) and told me that regardless of what others think, I need to remember that I am strong, smart, well-rounded, and just overall good sort of things. And then he went on to talk about this sort of popular vs unpopular thing will continue until around grade 10, when they start to mature and realize they've been jerks for more then 12 years.

17. SmeargleRocks

SmeargleRocks Reputable Trader

My mother and uncle taught me to be a good person, the deaths I have experienced made me not as happy all the time, when I found out my friends I had were never even friends so yeah no friends now, when I met my uncle and found out WOW I font ever want to live that way, and animals teaching me there can always be hope if you look closely enough and carefully enough for it

18. OldManJenkins

OldManJenkins Lol, wut?

My mom. Shes never really done much to influence me positively but shes always been there. And pokemon. That was a huuuugge part of my childhood.

19. Toyosatomimi no Miko

Toyosatomimi no Miko 炎髪灼眼の討ち手

My mom, who made (rather, forced) me do these things to (try) to help me with organization
    My 4th/5th grade teacher for teaching about life.

20. *Insert another generic reply about how my parents taught me about life and its morals.*