• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What HASN'T been made into a Pokemon yet?!

skyradiant

To Each Future
Except we have a Pokémon based on a trilobite.
Kabuto and Kabutops are based on horseshoe crabs, while Anorith and Armaldo are based mainly on anomcaridids, so we still don't have a trilobite Pokémon.
I personally would like to see a Rock/Dark type fossil based on a gorgonopsid, and a Rock/Ground fossil based on a dicynodont. A Bug/Fairy type based on a peacock jumping spider and a Grass/Rock type based on an antelope, like a gemsbok or impala, would be really cool too.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Kabuto and Kabutops are based on horseshoe crabs, while Anorith and Armaldo are based mainly on anomcaridids, so we still don't have a trilobite Pokémon.
I personally would like to see a Rock/Dark type fossil based on a gorgonopsid, and a Rock/Ground fossil based on a dicynodont. A Bug/Fairy type based on a peacock jumping spider and a Grass/Rock type based on an antelope, like a gemsbok or impala, would be really cool too.

The Kabuto line is very much based on a trilobite. It has features of both the horseshoe crab and the trilobite.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I personally would love to see a helicopter Pokémon.

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.

I know many Pokémon fans don't like the idea of inanimate objects being turned into Pokémon, but I highly disagree, I personally think Vanilluxe looks awesome.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I personally would love to see a helicopter Pokémon.

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.

I know many Pokémon fans don't like the idea of inanimate objects being turned into Pokémon, but I highly disagree, I personally think Vanilluxe looks awesome.
I think it would be cool if Rotom evolved into a Pokémon that took form as vehicles, ie car, (Steel/Electric? Poison/Electric?) helicopter (Flying/Electric?), tank (Ground/Electric?), speedboat (Water/Electric?), etc.
Could save from some of the inanimate object complaints.
I think Enigne could be a cool name.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I think it would be cool if Rotom evolved into a Pokémon that took form as vehicles, ie car, (Steel/Electric? Poison/Electric?) helicopter (Flying/Electric?), tank (Ground/Electric?), speedboat (Water/Electric?), etc.
Could save from some of the inanimate object complaints.
I think Enigne could be a cool name.

I actually want a totally different species of Pokémon that happens to be a helicopter.

And not every Pokémon based on inanimate objects are hated. Bannette is a Pokémon a lot of people love designwise. And that's based on a toy.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Speaking of object-based Pokemon....

We need:

A voodoo doll? (Pins 'n' needles galore!)
A book?
A lightbulb?
A cardboard box(maybe as a makeshift turtle shell)?
A shuriken?

and...

To go with the Pokeball-like Pokemon, how about a ball python? Get it?

EDIT: Some of these MAY have been turned into Digimon already... No joke...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
How about a Pokémon that's based both on an inanimate object and an animal? I don't think such a Pokémon exists yet.

Except maybe Garbordor, but that Pokémon is so hideously ugly that I won't even consider it.

Rika24

Fire Pokemon Trainer
hasn't this topic been done already?

Speaking of object-based Pokemon....

We need:

A voodoo doll? (Pins 'n' needles galore!)
A book?
A lightbulb?
A cardboard box(maybe as a makeshift turtle shell)?
A shuriken?

and...

To go with the Pokeball-like Pokemon, how about a ball python? Get it?

EDIT: Some of these MAY have been turned into Digimon already... No joke...

as far as i recall, none of those are digimon either, though a cardboard box has been used to hide digimon in the real world (Takato's Guilmon and Masaru's Agumon)

the voodoo doll idea sounds cool, i'd love to read the descriptions on that pokemon XD. would it count as a sadist or a masochist?

anyways, i know the Eletrike line is meant to be based on the Raijin wolf myth, but seriously, i want a wolf pokemon that looks like a wolf.

i'm surprised that there's no pokemon based on thylacine and the dodo yet.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
hasn't this topic been done already?

Maybe it has, but don't forget it's against the rules to reply to a thread that's over a month old.

I don't agree with it personally, but I'm not arguing with it since I want to keep my account.

anyways, i know the Eletrike line is meant to be based on the Raijin wolf myth, but seriously, i want a wolf pokemon that looks like a wolf.

Wait, you'd rather have a Pokémon that's more like a real life wolf than looking different and being more creative? That doesn't make much sense.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Wait, you'd rather have a Pokémon that's more like a real life wolf than looking different and being more creative? That doesn't make much sense.

Flawed logic. Not everyone agrees with you when you say Pokemon designs are superior to real animals simply because their designs look different and are more "creative". Neither position makes any logical "sense" but that's simply because this is completely subjective, purely a matter of opinion, and logic does not apply to personal tastes in aesthetics. In other words, your own position doesn't make much sense either. Deal with it.

A caribou Pokemon for the inevitable hypothetical Canada-based region.

Rika24

Fire Pokemon Trainer

i never said i don't like stylized creatures, but Electrike doesn't look like a wolf, nor does Manectric. Mightyena is more wolfish and that's based off a hyena.

this is my ideal looking wolf based creature:

Sangloupmon
Sangloupmon_ex_collectors.jpg

Doduo.

Also, we need a hummingbird.

i thought Doduo was based on an ostrich...

Still baffled there isn't a Pegasus Pokemon yet....

OMG yes, Mega Rapidash could make that come true (though it would be an Alicorn, but still, horse with wings).

No. 1 Machop Fan

Kanngheskhan. Doesn't look too much like it is, but it is still based off a kangaroo.

Breloom too.

What about a magpie?