• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Hoenn Remake version will you choose and why?

What Hoenn remake version are you getting?

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 70 29.4%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 92 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 71 29.8%
  • None. I want a Sinnoh remake.

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
I don't know why but I have the urge to buy omega ruby. I don't know why it was just the first game to jump out at me when i saw the two designs. I will probably get aqua sapphire at a later date but only for the sake of starting a new adventure without losing all my main pokemon in ruby

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I see a lot of comments here from people stating that they want to buy both versions.

I personally don't see the point.

Most of the times they are the same darn game with minor differences.

Black is the same as White, the only difference are the Pokémon appearing in the wild and that one are (White Forest and Black City) and that's it.

The only difference between Ruby and Sapphire are the Pokémon in the wild and the main villainous team. But guess what? Team Magma and Team Aqua do the exact same thing in both games, just reversed.

Red and Blue are the same game, and the Pokémon appearing in the wild is literally the only difference.

So I wanna ask anybody who has a tradition of buying both versions. What's the point? This is a genuine question.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Depends on the Version Exclusives. But I'm leaning towards Sapphire, since I like Kyogre more.

I see a lot of comments here from people stating that they want to buy both versions.

I personally don't see the point.

Most of the times they are the same darn game with minor differences.

Black is the same as White, the only difference are the Pokémon appearing in the wild and that one are (White Forest and Black City) and that's it.

The only difference between Ruby and Sapphire are the Pokémon in the wild and the main villainous team. But guess what? Team Magma and Team Aqua do the exact same thing in both games, just reversed.

Red and Blue are the same game, and the Pokémon appearing in the wild is literally the only difference.

So I wanna ask anybody who has a tradition of buying both versions. What's the point? This is a genuine question.
I usually get all the installments. First game is my main game. Second game is for my main's 'rival' and a Female character. 3rd installment is mostly for throwaway playthroughs like nuzocke, monotype runs, etc.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'll be getting both but chose DP REmake because gdi I've screamed for that since BW.

Omega Ruby.

As for which starter I'll pick, I'm gonna have to think about it.

But I know I won't be picking Torchic because Blaziken is horribly overrated.
I was thinking the same thing about Torchic too, but not because of Blaziken being overrated, but because since I have Blaziken in my Y, I can just transfer Blaziken to either Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire when they come out, and I can just choose one of the other two starters. Does that make sense?

Tonguetyd

As for which starter I'll pick, I'm gonna have to think about it.

But I know I won't be picking Torchic because Blaziken is horribly overrated.

How so?

Anyway, it'll be Sapphire because Lunatone and Sableye. And Kyogre, kinda.
And I'll be taking Swampert, I liek mudkipz.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I thought of taking Sapphire because I like blue and sapphires, but then I decided to get Ruby because Zangoose and Mawile. I will go with Treeko because I never used one before and it looks cool.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm planning on getting both since I know the stories will be slightly different with each of them and I could immediately start playing one version while waiting to try out the other. Though I'm not sure which version to start with or what my starter(s) will be

Juanito

Ace Trainer
I'm gonna go with omega ruby since I had ruby when that came out. I'll get Treeko as my starter. And transfer my level 1 torchic. I'm transfering torchic because it eventually evolves into one of my favorites pokemon Blaziken.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
For me, Hoenn wouldn't be Hoenn without having Kyogre on my team. Alpha Sapphire all the way.

Kalosian

So long
From the very little information we have at the moment, I will be getting both games. I will be getting Omega Ruby on the release date since I got the original Ruby on its release date 11 years ago, and then Alpha Sapphire at some unknown later point. However, I might change my decision depending on what information we get about the games before their release, I might end up getting only one or neither of them depending on what we will get to know.

also looking forward to the Sinnoh remakes that will be released in the distant future

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
My first game was Emerald so I don't have that kind of connection to either of these titles. I'm leaning towards AlphaSapphire because Kyogre and he looks really majestic on the cover(he's also an Orca/Leviathan so there's that). But Groudon does look really cool on that cover.... but he's also ground type... Yeah, right now it's Sapphire

Nodame

Misty <3
Alpha Sapphire baby ~ OMG I'm so excited. I have so many great memories with this game :') Hoenn is the best game region imo. GIVE ME THE GAME NOW

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like owning every main game, so of course I will get both.
Omega Ruby will likely be my main version, though, since the original Ruby was my first Gen III game.

Taylor516

Alpha Sapphire, Sapphire was my first Pokemon game so for nostalgia reasons I shall stick to Sapphire.

Last edited: