• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What I Did for Love! (444)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Decisive Game! May VS Brock!

It's time for the Aberia Town Pokémon Contest and May is eager to take part and obtain her 4th Kanto Ribbon. However, when Brock and Brock's Bonsly are complimented by a female co-ordinator, Brock decides to enter the contest aswell. It winds up being a battle of Brock's Marshtomp VS May's Eevee...who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Cipher Admin Absolkid said:
Glad to see May win. I mean, what would Brock do with the ribbon except for showing it off?
Give it to May and then May can finally have a pity Ribbon and make Ash feel better and less in denial about his few Kanto 'pity Badges'.

Or at best give him some character development or battle experience or something DX.

Hmmm I heard Marshtomp used Protect and Eevee used Dig, in my opinion it would be better the other way around x.x;

MaskedManAbsolkid

Nah, it's good the way it is. Protect is decent, Dig suits Eevee.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So Eevee took down Marshtompt eh? I'm curious to know if the battle came right down to the wire at the end, with a near even amount of points, or if Eevee totally fainted Marshtompt with a Shadow Ball and Dig frenzy.

I hope May cheered Brock up at the end after his loss though, it's unlike her to see her friends unhappy.

Also, what happened between Brock and the breeder girl? Did she leave him at the end? (Heh, why am I asking something I already know the answer to?)

Gryphon Turboclaw

Thunder Trainer
Something I've been curious about this whole time...did Brock get overconfident from the complimenting he received from that lady? If so, then this episode has something that's been *long* overdue...Brock finally getting cocky, then getting crushed as a result of it(which means that Ash and May are no longer alone in that department)!

Bow chicka bow bow. (Goes into "Cuban Pete" mode and begins awaiting the day that Misty gets well and truly *whalloped* by Ash in a battle, with no prize for second place this time!)

Marshtomp using Protect gets another "About time!" from me, given that it's one of Marshie's *natural* moves. I can certainly see how a Dig/Shadow Ball Eevee would cause major problems for the mud fish, especially if Brock got overreliant on Protect, of which the effectiveness breaks down over consecutive usage.

I wonder how Brock's would-be girlfriend took the sight of his collapse? I presume that it wasn't pretty(go back to Lucy, dude, and give Ash and May your cookbooks).

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
How predictable was that? Anybody would have been a fool to bet on Brock winning this as the only other scenario would have been for him to give it to her if he had won (which would have been worse).

On a positive note, in terms of pokémon I'm glad Eevee wins. It's one of my favourite and for the fact it beats good pokémon enhances it's reputation animé-wise.

How many ribbons is that now she's got? (I haven't been very up to date recently :p)

EDIT: Sorry I read that now at the top of the thread. Ok I'm blind.

Last edited:

Kabuto

little punks!
I officially hate everything about May except her appearance and kick a** Combusken now. Shame really, but shes too uber for my taste.

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
So Eevee took down Marshtompt eh? I'm curious to know if the battle came right down to the wire at the end, with a near even amount of points, or if Eevee totally fainted Marshtompt with a Shadow Ball and Dig frenzy.

I'd say it probably came down to the wire... I'm sure that the writers aren't so cruel as to have May totally crush Brock in a landslide victory, that'd be plain evil.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
seizureman said:
Yeah Munchlax is pretty cool but its still pretty much a carbon copy of Ash's Snorlax.

What? I think Munchlax is way differnt then Ash's Snorlax, it's hyperactive. Also, it has different battling styles (Snorlax is body slamming and ice punch while Munchlax is solar beams and metronomes.)

Was Haruka's Theme in this episode, like as a ending?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
According to bmgf Bonsly uses faint attack. Anyway it seemed obvious Brock would lose but I hope its a close battle. I also hope Eevee doesnt just use dig and shadow ball the entire time. Dig is a cool new move to learn though. I remember everyone saying how bland it is so I'm glad the writers are picking its more unique moves. Also marshtomp learning protect to me doesnt make much of a difference it hardly ever appears so it doenst matter much.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
seizureman said:
Shame really, but shes too uber for my taste.
...she's uber for defeating a Marshtomp with almost zero battle experience? Gwah? ?_?

And isn't 'Munchlax is cool' a bit of an oxymoron?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Isn't saying "dunsparce is cool" a oxymoron as well....

Nah, I'm fooling. I like the little snake too. But some people do consider Munchlax cool.

BTW, anyone know what happened with the girl?

Alfonso

Derpgull
Kojiro said:
BTW, anyone know what happened with the girl?

She probably just ended up waving goodbye to Brock, smiling happily while Brock walks away, crying and looking back at what could have been.

Or maybe she didn't actually do anything other than act as a plot device to get Brock in a Contest. Hmmm...

B

BrokenDreams

Well that show how the writers favor May, making her to uber.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Well that show how the writers favor May, making her to uber.
Too uber? She beat Brock, Brock has no use for a ribbon, Brock has no expierence in a contest and his pokemon have little to no expierence. Its understandable for her to beat Brock.

Rudoku

Your mom
This episode would've been a perfect time for Marshtomp to learn Earthquake, if you know what I mean...