• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What I Did for Love! (444)

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Wow this was Mays cheapest battle yet, what a bunch of bull crap mays evee takes all those attacks and her points arnt even half gone thats just cheap, all in all this episode sucked.

I'd say Skitty v. Dusclops still beats this one. But it comes close.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
And Squirtle vs. Ariados beats both of those. I mean, at least Dusclops and Ariados were consistantly trained. More than I can say for Marshy.

Slept through both episodes this morning, so would anybody mind providing the dub names of Yuma (tall girl) and Mika (Raticate girl)?

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
^ The girl with the Absol was called Molly.

Medea

Excalibur
Okay, interesting episode overall.

Two pain in the arses doing the appeals round (even though it was good). And poor Brock, he does too many things in the name of love and then gets seriously burned *snickers*.

Now one thing I had to scream at the televison was this...
[IMG139]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/Random%202/212.jpg[/IMG139]
Medea: I'LL TAKE TWENTY PICTURES!

I said that a couple of months ago and I said it again. As for the Brock/May battle, really good. Love May's Eevee and blah, blah, blah. I went off on the Drew picture cameo appearance, I'm just satisfied with that!

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Enjoyed the battle between Brock and May.

xD I know Medea. I LOLed so hard when I saw the Drew pictures. I was not expecting them at all. I'm sure those sold fast. x3

Anyways, this was a nice episode. I agree with people, that they could have done the whole contest better. We didn't even get to see May battling that guy she had to battle. All of a sudden it went to 'May vs. Brock'. Yeah, but it was ok.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Nah...Skitty v. Dusclops was worse. All Skitty could use (effectively) was Assist to hope for Ember, Silver Wind, or String Shot. Plus you had evidence that Timmy (yes?) had had Dusclops and was raising it for quite a long time since he met it as a Duskull. Ariados on the other hand had no evidence of being owned for any period of time.

Anyway, Yuma looked so much like Saori to me its unreal...I thought she had looked familiar.

I need to watch this again in Japanese...I feel like I missed a lot when it was dubbed due to edits. For anyone who does know Japanese and saw this episode in Japanese, were the plots at all similar? I remember when this ep first came out people didn't seem to know what was going on between Yuma and Molly (or whatever her Japanese name was).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Skitty Vs. Dusclops was indeed the worst contest battle. I was so disappointed too because the Phantom had an awesome backstory and it was a shame how the battle went. One Blizzard took out half of Dusclops points, ugh.

Squirtle Vs. Ariados really only gets its flak because of Ice beam and that everyone wanted Harley to win that time. They really should have used all those early BF fillers to have Squirtle learn Ice beam properly rather than during the Contest.

This Contest had its cheap points, but it didn't bother me as much as either the above did.

Last edited:

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Something I noticed about the dub version was that it seemed a lot less slanted in May's advantage. The original had May's Theme start playing and she started to completely dominate for no real reason. In the dub, it was just standard bgm and May started to completely dominate for no reason. Something about it seemed to not be as biased.

It was still cheap though. :x

Dark Star

Mysterious Trainer
Eevee not fainting from those hits was fine, but it was the point system that was messed up. Brock lost too many points in the beginning, apparently for not being coordinator-like, but they didn't explain it.

At least he didn't get KO'd. Time ran out so he probably would have won if it wasn't a time limit.

First of all, I would like to say I am really happy that Marshtomp lost because of time/points and not because it got KO'd. I think the reason why Brock lost some points in the beginning was because some of his moves were dodged by Eevee when it used Dig. But on that logic, Eevee would have lost when Marshtomp avoided 5 Digs in a row...

OMG at the absol girls name, MORE disregard for past character names (Tyson or Erika anyone?)

People can have the same names you know...

actually i think james has an unlimited amount of bottle caps because he always says that they're wasting them all but the next time they show there are more
i know its offtopic

It's called collecting new bottle caps...

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
I have seen the Japanese version of the episode (still waiting to be able to watch the English version, and I thought Brock really had what it takes to be a real coordinator. Brock aslo happend to take advantage of Marshtomp's fin in the early minutes of the contest's, which made him a real strategic battler. Brock also happened to use its protect to his advantage as well. I figured all the vocals would be lost even with Pokemon USA/TAJ doing translation, but did they use any English subtitude or just regular bgm?

Rashdan

[Insert Wacky Title]
Haha, I never noticed Drew's picture while watching it. Guess I was too intent on other things *whistle*

The final battle was pretty cool, and poor Brock, Yet another broken heart XD The things that guy would do just for a girl >_<

Squirtle was pretty good in the first round. That ice structure was sweet, but I think the best one is in the episode where Squirtle burst the big bubble and turned it into a different ice structure. That was a lot more prettier.

Pokemon__

Bucephalus
This episode was good. I'm glad Marshtomp did something memorable and used a new attack in this episode. My only complaint is that Molly's (The girl with the Raticate and Absol.) voice was so ANNOYING! It sounded like she had larangytis(sp?) and sinus problems all at the same time.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Wow, so far I'm batting 1.000 on the episodes I figured would be the best this season- "Time-Warp Heals All Wounds", "Off the Unbeaten Path", and this episode. This episode was AWESOME. :D Seeing another twerp besides May participate in the contests was terrific, and I love the way that Brock was convinced by that girl to participate. And darn it, he should have WON the contest. He and Marshtomp had Eevee's number from the get-go. I can't believe May ended up with more points than him. I'm sure the episode would have ended the same whether he won or lost, poor Brock, but he really should have gotten a win. At least Team Rocket got a happy ending (yay, they have money!), even if Brock didn't.

And, hey, NewBrock, if you're around: I LOVED your voicework in this episode, you were terrific. :D

Overall, 10/10.