• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What I Did for Love! (444)

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
As expected, the baseball scene was left untouched, but the english version is better. Bill Rogers, your Brock rocks! He sounded exactly what he needed to be in this contest, serious. Great work!

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Brock was good in this contest.Breeder`s should be coordinaters.

Knight_Ram

Brock done well in this episode! He should have one but May just had to win by a total fluke again! But it is good that Brock lost because if he won then Brock would have been a co-ordinater and a breeder. And he should just stick to being a breeder which he is so yeah... Great battle! 8/10

rubyandsapphire

BLock almost win the battle against May is if they have more time and if eevee never learn dig,Brock may win the ribbon and eevee hit so much damage but still not frainted what a joke

Lapras17

I starting think that May will win. Because May is experinced to contests.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Hm this was refreshing. I don't think I've seen May and Brock battle before this. It was quite nice.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
that scene where bonsly got that fiery glanse in his eyes with all the fire around him was pure evilxD
anyway it was a nice episode, i'd say 8/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode.
I loved how Marshtomp was fighting vs May, it was very strong and should win.
And Brock was great in the contest. he almost won the ribbon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Brock enters a Contest, because he likes a girl...

I wish he'd do that more often, his Pokemon work well in the Contests. This episode was cool, a new twist on things since the main characters rarely battle each other.

A good 7/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not a bad episode, of course Brock's gonna enter a contest for a girl lo. I don't think he actually wanted to win, he would have probably ended up giving the ribbon to May if he wanted to.

I like Squirtle's appeal with the combo of Bubblebeam and Ice beam, an actual good appeal (Some appeals with some trainers I don't get how they get through)

Bubblewrap

Really great episode, the voice acting was terrific and it was nice to see Brock in a contest for once. Though I feel the fact that Marshtomp lost points as Eevee dodged its attacked, but when Marshtomp dodged many of Eevee's digs, the points didn't go down.

Oh well! Good episode, none the less. Poor Brock gets knocked down again.

9/10 - one point off for Brock's loss. ;)

firestar319

The Marauder
So typical the Brock would enter a contest for a girl =p

Brock really did a great contest battle against May. It's really refreshing to see two main characters battling with either of the 2 not being Ash.

8.5/10

When THE battle between May and Brock started, I sort of had a feeling that Brock was going to win. And then he'd end up giving his ribbon to May to show how much of a good sport he is.

But, the way it turned out in the end was still good.
I'm still glad May won.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Great to see May and Brock engaged in a contest battle! and Eevee was awesome

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to see Brock enter the contest, and the May vs Brock Contest Battle. It was great to see Marshtomp learn protect, and Eevee learn Dig. Once again Squirtle does another Bubble+Ice Beam combo for the Appeal Round. It was cool to see Brock using baseballs for the Appeal Round. It was great that Marshtomp ended up defeating Absol. I'm glad May won the contest, makes sense with the final opponent being Brock.

79//100

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I know this has probably been discussed to death, but I'd still like to know where the first half of Brock's points went in the final battle. Did he just start at half? He PWNed the first part, I don't think May even got a hit in.

What I love about Brock that is shown here is his reaction to loss. Before anything else, he thanks Marshtomp for doing so well. It's so clear how much he cares.

It was also sweet to see Max seemed upset about the possibility of Brock leaving. What a bromance those two guys had.

Vernikova

Champion
Oh Brock. :( You never stood a chance in this episode. May's Eevee: I will not complain about it or the rest of this episode. It was all too expected.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
What I Did For Love!

This episode begins with May entering Eevee in a contest. We find out that Eevee learned Dig. Soon after, a woman comes over and adores the Bonsly that Brock is taking care of. She turns out to be a breeder, just like Brock. He impresses her in various ways, from showing off his Pokemon to knowing the right kind of food to feed them. She then asks him to enter a contest. Yeah, I know, I was shocked, too. After a while, he decides to enter it, basically saying he will win at any cost.

The next scene is...typical Team Rocket shenanigans. Moving on.

After some actually good appeals, we transition to, oh, come on! ANOTHER shoehorned Team Rocket scene? Haven't we had enough of those already?!

Skip...Brock and May make it to the finals, Brock tries to flirt, he gets brushed off, final round begins. It starts off decent enough, with Marshtomp more or less outclassing Eevee. Brock seems to have a natural talent for coordinating (well, they did say breeding and coordinating go hand in hand), but then miraculously, May catches up, and by the time the timer runs out, somehow, May has more points. This, in spite of the fact that most of her moves were countered earlier, and Eevee clearly took a lot of damage. I suppose I should have seen this coming, but they could have done it better, and May just more or less took the spotlight from Brock. Though I did like how Brock was shown caring about Marshtomp. Well, after that's over, Yuma (the lady that was admiring Brock's Bonsly) explains that the girl Brock beat in the first round was her sister, who just started off as a coordinator. Brock is left speechless as his one chance to impress a girl is yanked from him by the hands of deus ex machina. He's told that he should consider coordinating, but of course, he was only doing this for love, and can't get over how cheaply he lost (he should be glad he's not Timmy).

We then cut to Jessie- OH, NO, I am NOT watching this.

IMO, May didn't have to get that DEM win. You could have just had Brock win, but decide to stay with his friends.