• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What I Did for Love! (444)

Kabuto

little punks!
Man, I can't wait to see Ash get his butt kicked at the Battle Tower.

See thats where its wrong. Ash has the good team and has to lose to Anabel (though its understandable) while May strolls along on her jolly little path only losing once to Harley using the pokemon I actually like. May better take another loss and this time Eevee and Squirtle need a huge beating.

V Faction

www.faction.com
It all depends on who they choose for both Ash's and Anabel's team. Sure, by now, after so many battles and nearly as many Psychic Pokemon battles, you'd think there wouldn't be a problem. But they can always pull something out of their asses.

That's why I try to steer clear from that medium. Seeing Ash get a loss at least proves they aren't afraid to do it (about damn time though). I like that whole "Main Character has to struggle" problem. Pokemon needs more of that, so that's why I tend to focus (for now at least) on the concept of losing.

Geodude

seizureman said:
Unlike the little Eevee who has just hatched and got a two second training under its belt learning shadow ball.
Wrong. It has been doing serious training offscreen for the past several episodes. How many more times am I going to have to say this?

Ever occur to you that there might be things in the dialogue that you don't know about? The offscreen training has been talked about for some time now.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Well, can I say this wasn't expected?

At least Brock put up a good fight and Eevee didn't totally destroy him. Eevee learned Dig? That's a little...unfitting. Dig is such a dirty move while Eevee should be...prim and clean.

I was WAITING for one of the Main Group's Pokemon to learn Protect. And finally it happens to a Brock Pokemon >.>

Haven't seen pics or the episode in motion yet, so I'll probably post when I see the mentioned things.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You have to admit, this scene is adorable:

[img139]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag167/382.jpg[/img139]

May = winnar!

I'm really starting to warm up to Eevee, sitting on May's arm like that makes it look so cute!

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
I saw pics of this ep on Filb.de and i have to say it looks awesome, despite Brock losing. He did very well i think. I wanted him to win but i didnt expect him to. When i saw Marshtomp kicking butt though i was like oo maybe he'll win. What was with Brock's appeal with Bonsly? I couldnt really get it from the pics. What was Bonsly doing and did it use any new attacks? Also what were those blue orb things Marshtomp shot out, please tell me thats not its Mud Shot attack, seems like Muddy Water. Eevee is so darn cute. I think its cool they gave it Dig and Shadow Ball. It was funny knocking Ash over in the beginning. I hope it gets Quick Attack, just for a normal Eevee move. I liked seeing Raticate and Absol being owned by a trainer is cool. Squirtle appealing again, bleh. It does the same thing everytime, Bubble and Ice Beam combo. Kinda boring me now. The darn thing should evolve seeing how much May uses it, but thats for another time. All in all it was a cool ep. I hope a guide for it comes soon.

Seen pictures:

* The group's reaction to Brock entering = LOL. Priceless moment.
* A Raticate, ooooh it had a nice appeal with some wood.
* An Arbok and Manetric cameo!
* During his appeal Brock noticed the Nurse Joy Judge and he fell in love then Vivian came and pulled him by the ear XD!
* Brock used Baseballs I think in his appeal, it was pretty nice I guess, a change from the usual appeals we get from Harley, May and Drew.
* Marshtomp kicked Absol's ***, but we didn't see May's first battle x.x;
* And technically Marshtomp didn't lose, it just a few points less than Eevee D:

At the end though TR were doing something, anyone know?

But Brock falling in love during his appeal was so LOL.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Geodude said:
Marshtomp is an unsurprising choice to learn Protect though, since it learns it naturally anyway.

And Ash's Snorlax knows Protect, but you probably meant those in the main team.
You got it.

What I was refering to was that Corphish, Torkoal, and Glalie all learn Protect naturally as well, so what stopped them from learning it? Especially Glalie, as it has no protecting move while Torkoal has Iron Defense and Corphish has Harden.

vaporeon89

power of vapor
I couldn't get a pic, but in the trainer screen in the contest you can see the Surskit and Azurill owners in the Izabe contest

;134;89

Fizban

Propaniacs
Yeah, I'm starting to feel bad for that guy. His hopes and dreams are being crushed in Kanto.

One of the coordinators had a Koffind. I would have killed to see that thing get in a decent battle/appeal.

Dreamcoat

[img139]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/Dreamcoat/AG444.jpg[/img139]

^Anyone knows exactly what they are doing?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
seizureman said:
People say Marshtomp had no experience but apparently it was strong enough to evolve and has been around since beginning of Hoenn. Unlike the little Eevee who has just hatched and got a two second training under its belt learning shadow ball. I just wish that if May won Brock used his Bonsly instead.
Though Eevee has been exposed to the idea of contests. Remember Harley's revenge when Eevee watched? And the fact it wasn't a knock out and the timer actually got to run out this time softened the blow. I'm sorry but she deserved this one.

Russian May

I've just seen the pictures and I liked this episode. It's good that Eevee didn't totally defeat Marshtomp and the moment about Brock falling in love was really funny!

Kuroshi

Torky Stu said:
* A Raticate, ooooh it had a nice appeal with some wood.

Quoted because it was too good not to.

Ontopic, this episode was not the train-wreck I expected. Eevee learning dig was no surprize, appeals or battles, it needs at least three moves. (And i'm assuming it can Tackle) What did surprize me was Brock's showing, his appeal was downright great, it even had May on edge. Marshtomp's battles were impressive especially the one with Eevee I was actually engrossed in the battle when the timer went off Brock can't have lost that much of his battle prowess, to give a seasoned coordinator a run for her money.

It seems the reason the lady wanted Brock to enter the contest was to Beat the little girl, or give her a challenge or something along those lines.

Team Rocket was selling fake contest ribbons, and other merchendise, and by the end of the episode when it seems that they made a hefty sum of money, and Jessie was cheering about becoming Top Coordinator. So i'm assuming the money will go towards her next contest.

swift arrow

SuperSpecialAwesome
I think I'm really starting to like eevee, it hung in the battle pretty well, but then squirtle did the appeal again. I was glad to hear absol was in a battle but it seemed a bit weak in the fight which is sa. I knew May would win but still it was a great episode.