• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What I Did for Love! (444)

Kabuto

little punks!
Theres no convincing you thick headed people that Eevee is a plain newb. And yes it did learn a cheap move even though it didn't win with it.

Kabuto

little punks!
Wow, I laugh at your n00bishness. First off, I'm the only one complaining. Secondly, anime is not equal to games. Brock doesn't have a level 14 onix and your a moron for thinking that. Ash has a better team than May so its good if he wins legit.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Endgamelikespie said:
I don't get you people, May wins legitimately, everyone complains, Ash wins illegitmately (which happens ALL THE DAMN TIME), it's "AWESOME!"

True, true.

seriously people, Brock sucks, the only bull**** here is the fact that he actually put up a fight, same goes for that same battle against Ash, the writers *****d out to HIM, not May, have any of you even played the games? even in the Stadium R-2s he sucked, not to mention as everyone pointed out, Marshstomp has absolutely NO battle experience!

All that sounds a lot like character bashing to me. Feel free to continue if you want a warning. :) Also, filling your posts with needless and random swearing does not make you 'cool' and it doesn't make your post look more intelligent. An intelligent person can get their point across without SCREAMING down other people's throats.

Games =/= Anime. :/

Brock put up a good fight against an experience coordinator. I for one feel that we should be pleased... while May defeated him, his experience with Pokemon matched her experience in Contests.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
For anyone who feels Brock was hard done by: compare his performance in this episode with May's in Win, Lose or Drew. Considering that this was the first time he'd ever entered a contest, he did extremely well. May didn't KO Marshtomp; we can't even say for sure that she was winning the battle. The deduction of points in contest matches are determined by how good the Pokemon look while battling, not by how much health they have left. May has more experience than Brock with getting her Pokemon to perform attacks in an aesthetically pleasing manner, so the fact that she still just barely beat Brock in that department paints him in a most favourable light. I daresay that in a normal battle, not a contest one, Brock could very well have won.

PDL

disenchanted
Brock may have lost, but at least both sides managed to do their best effort and gave a soild fight in the end.

you know, it's rather odd, when news came out that May will receive an Eevee egg, I was prepared for the absolute worst, in that it'll be spotlight hogging and uber-powerful... now that I've seen it in action, I can see that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

...I might even begin to like this Eevee...

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
V Faction said:
Is there anything in Pokemon that isn't a plot device?

You're talking about Dig?

Anyway, glad to see *most* people here accept this episode, and that Brock and May both really shined. It's more than I can say about people on other forums, where all they do is b*tch and complain about how Brock should have won, how May needs to leave the series, and how this episode was horrible. -_-

Anyway I don't know if I said this before, but I really love Eevee's moveset of Dig and Shadowball. It really is fun to watch, and it's a lot better than the boring moveset that Gary's Eevee had. (Tackle/Quick Attack/Reflect/whatever)

This episode also proved that Brock can still hold his own in battle. His strategy of making Absol slip on the floor was extremely well done, I see this guy hasn't lost his Rock-type Gym leader touch. Brock was in tip-top form in this episode, too bad we probably won't see him in a serious battle again for like...the next 100 episodes...assuming he's even in the next region.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Anyway, glad to see *most* people here accept this episode, and that Brock and May both really shined. It's more than I can say about people on other forums, where all they do is b*tch and complain about how Brock should have won, how May needs to leave the series, and how this episode was horrible. -_-
I hope you aren't talking about Bulbagarden, since there has been far less complaining about Brock's loss/Eevee/the contest in general there than there has been on this thread.

You know, it's funny how many of May's final opponents in the Kanto contests have been old characters. Harley twice and now Brock - the only new ones have been the Salaryman and Wakana. It's strange, as in Hoenn the writers came up with a new person for her to face every time: Drew, Grace, Timmy, Savannah, Kelly, Harley, Erika. It'll be interesting to see who she goes up against for her fifth ribbon. I have a feeling she might end up facing Drew. Though looking at my track record for predicting Drew's appearances in Kanto, I should probably keep my mouth shut. XD

PDL

disenchanted
Jo-Jo said:
You know, it's funny how many of May's final opponents in the Kanto contests have been old characters. Harley twice and now Brock - the only new ones have been the Salaryman and Wakana. It's strange, as in Hoenn the writers came up with a new person for her to face every time: Drew, Grace, Timmy, Savannah, Kelly, Harley, Erika. It'll be interesting to see who she goes up against for her fifth ribbon. I have a feeling she might end up facing Drew. Though looking at my track record for predicting Drew's appearances in Kanto, I should probably keep my mouth shut. XD

they're probably avoiding the mistake of introducing character after character every episode and then leaving without a trace, dropping of the face of the earth, like nearly every filler character in Kanto, Orange Islands and Jotho.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That's probably true, especially since you're wondering why none of these other coordinators made it to the Grand Festival?

Surely at least some of May's other opponents besides Drew/Harley are capable of getting 5 ribbons yes?

I remember being really disappointed when the Hoenn GF first came out, and that neither Kelly nor the Phantom were there. I really wanted to see more coordinators return than the main two, and it really is a shame that none of these other great characters manage to get 5 ribbons in time.

I'm kind of hoping Wakana returns for the GF as well, but judging by the fact that she doesn't even have a single ribbon yet, I doubt it. :/

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
PDL said:
they're probably avoiding the mistake of introducing character after character every episode and then leaving without a trace, dropping of the face of the earth, like nearly every filler character in Kanto, Orange Islands and Jotho.
The co-ordinators of the day were all good characters, though, IMO. And they didn't all drop off the face of the Earth - Drew, Harley and Robert all put in showings at the Grand Festival, and the others got cameos watching it on TV. They even sent May letters of support; she tells Caroline that they all keep in touch with regular e-mails, cards, and so forth. Besides, Pokemon is based upon the gang travelling around and meeting lots of people. It's often the personality of the CotD that makes or breaks an episode.

CyberCubed said:
I remember being really disappointed when the Hoenn GF first came out, and that neither Kelly nor the Phantom were there. I really wanted to see more coordinators return than the main two, and it really is a shame that none of these other great characters manage to get 5 ribbons in time.
Well, Kelly and the Phantom not being there made sense as they both had permanent homes in Lilicove/Verdanturf. Without being able to travel, they probably wouldn't have been able to get to enough contests to earn five ribbons.

I was very disappointed Grace didn't make it, though. She already had three ribbons back in Pros and Con Artists, are we really supposed to believe she couldn't manage another two before the GF? She didn't get a mention in the scene where May reads her letters, either. Perhaps the writers forgot about her. :/

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
You're talking about Dig?
Contest points, actually. But it got me thinking... anything can be made to be a plot device.

A boat! "Aww, we missed the boat to the next Gym!"

A girl! "I'll fight for this random girl I just met!"

An evil organization! "Grr! We are bad. We do bad things. Fear us!"

And many, many other things.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Kojiro said:
Okay....what about underwear, is that a plot point?

"Hi honey, you forgot to pack your underwear, so I thought I'd bring some to you. Oh, is this the Hoenn League? Wow. This place is so big and wonderful!"

"Mom!"

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Responding to the earlier post about the Coordinators of the Day: Timmy/Phantom was a great character. If any one of the CotD's deserved to be in the Grand Festival, he'd be my pick. It would also be a nice way of showing how his mother changed after the inital Phantom Coordinator arc.

There's no point in brock winning a ribbon. its better that may wins because
brock will waste his time with it. it would be nice for a change though seeing that there will be a different winner at a contest aside from yourtypical may and harley...

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
V Faction said:
"Hi honey, you forgot to pack your underwear, so I thought I'd bring some to you. Oh, is this the Hoenn League? Wow. This place is so big and wonderful!"

"Mom!"

That was a test, man V, your so witty its scary!;munchlax;

Salaryman needs to come back, coolest name ever.

Homme d'affaires!

PDL

disenchanted
Jo-Jo said:
The co-ordinators of the day were all good characters, though, IMO. And they didn't all drop off the face of the Earth - Drew, Harley and Robert all put in showings at the Grand Festival, and the others got cameos watching it on TV. They even sent May letters of support; she tells Caroline that they all keep in touch with regular e-mails, cards, and so forth. Besides, Pokemon is based upon the gang travelling around and meeting lots of people. It's often the personality of the CotD that makes or breaks an episode.

well, I was thinking more about early trainers such as A.J and Giselle and other early Kanto CotD, we hear as much about them as we do about Ash's Pidgeot and Primeape.

At least the writers and animators make an attempt to not go that path and hear from them once in a while.

I guess coordinators are more sociable then pokemon trainers...

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
anything can be made to be a plot device.
Hmmmm.....

"Gee, I'm tired. Maybe I'll stop and fish for a while... I can leave my bike here, standing conveniently in the road, not tied to anything."

"You're sitting on my rocks, young man." (god that one sounds wrong.)

"I know, let's attack the Viridian Pokemon Centre while an overpowered Pikachu happens to be recuperating inside it."

"Egad! Another Beedrill swarm!"

Wow, Pokemon really is amazingly contrived.