• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What I Did for Love! (444)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was a pretty good and funny episode. Brock was hilarious in this episode and his battle with May was good.

NPT

Just a member
Wow, Brock sure was determined for his love in this episode. It's cool how He made it to the finals and faced May. May and Brock's contest battle was good, but Brock should've won the battle. Honestly, I felt it was a cheap contest win for May, But it's nice see Brock entering a contest.

Last edited:
Gardenia Town. Foreshadowing maybe?

Just watched this episode again, and I forgot that Brock enters a contest.
Brock did pretty good for his first (and only) contest. I really thought he was going to win for a second.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wanted to yell when May used Squirtle for yet another Ice Beam/Bubble appeal. Like seriously, how boring and predictable. Brock's appeal with Bonsly wasn't much better either in my view. At the very least, I was impressed that Brock did so well with Marshtomp, although seeing Eevee win with almost no battle experience left a bitter taste in my mouth.

JudySpell

Banned
Brock did very well for his 1st Contest so color me impressed. I'm glad that May's Eevee won in the end though because she deserved the ribbon more. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I never thought we'd see Brock in a contest, but he impressed me cuz he did well even tho he lost. Eevee making Ash fall with Dig was cute, but May's ice appeal was so expected and tiresome. ^^;

Eevee seemed a little too strong suddenly in this Contest and I wanted to see Brock win and give the ribbon to May, but that didn't occur. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ugh, Brock totally should've won. His Marshtomp took out that Absol in two attacks, yet May's DEM-powered Eevee survived how many blows? That thing not fainting after getting hit by all those Mud Shots, Water Guns, and Tackles just defies logic...

ZilverLox

Banned
It was funny to see Ash fall on his back after Eevee's Dig attack. It did seem like Brock wanted to drop the breeder thing for some reason. What with his lines with May while they were watching the TV, it certainly seemed like he was trying to force the thought off of his mind. Either do something important constantly Brock, or go home. I like you, but you don't do anything.

_LightMeww_

It was funny to see Ash fall on his back after Eevee's Dig attack. James blubbering about his bottlecaps never gets old, even if he sounds like an old dude.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Haruka's Eievui using its new Dig attack to make Satoshi fall was funny, and Takeshi did well during his Appeal with Usohachi, and also when he used Numacraw against Eievui despite him being new at Contests. I also chuckled when I saw Musashi selling souvenirs. Yuma deciding to make Mika her apprentice instead of Takeshi was the right decision.

Daizy

I call you honey
I think this Contest proved that May and Brock are around the same level of skill. The only thing Brock could've done better was do some training with his Marshtomp.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ragnarok4 said:
I felt this episode was a blatant robbery against Brock

How so? He had absolutely no prior Contest experience, so the fact that he lost against Haruka's Eievui seemed reasonable. Eievui might've been a newbie, but Haruka had trained it a bit before the Contest, so it already knew Contest techniques unlike Takeshi's Numacraw.

How so? He had absolutely no prior Contest experience, so the fact that he lost against Haruka's Eievui seemed reasonable. Eievui might've been a newbie, but Haruka had trained it a bit before the Contest, so it already knew Contest techniques unlike Takeshi's Numacraw.
Even so in the first minutes Brock did much better, he was quite intelligent and knew how to play with eevee, that strategy in other contests were sufficient criteria to give Brock many points

But no, they decided to even things out once Eevee hit a simple shadow ball

RafaSceptile

This was a pretty funny episode, and is fine that Brock didn't win his first contest, even if he is a gym leader and he knew a lot about Pokémon, May was way more experienced in Pokémon Contests