• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What I Did for Love! (444)

B

BrokenDreams

It was so close, mybe if there had been more time Marshtomp could have destroyed Evee.

JazzJazz

seizureman said:
I hope Marshtomp evolves soon. I'd hate to see it booted off before it we see him with Swampert and it puts that little furball back in its place. Eevee may have been trained and Marshtomp was hardly touched. But still you can't tell me a pokemon that was around that early can lose to a newborn.

The proof is in the pudding, eevee won. Sure, in the "real" world marshtomp should've won... but the writers are evil and twisted, we all know this so we shouldn't be surprised.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I don't see the big deal about it being a 'newborn' anyway. From what the animé has led us to believe, pokémon tend to develop very quickly after they evolve from their egg. I mean, just look at Phanpy and Larvitar. At best it was only a mere handful of hours until they were fully able to utilise their attacks. Larvitar completely destroyed Team Rocket with an uber Hidden Power iirc. And look at Bonsly and Munchlax. I doubt they're all that old, yet they seemed to be fending for themselves pretty effectively.
And when you compare that to Eevee, it's really not as bad as what people are making it out to be. It's only real questionable attack is Shadow Ball, and it's been established that it's gone through training to use the move. All Dig is, is a feint attack from underground. TOTALLY UBAR YES?!?!

Seriously. I love Marshtomp. I can barely tolerate Eevee. And I'm fine with the battle.
What, are people bored of complaining about Squirtle or something?

Kabuto

little punks!
Seriously I actually think

Squirtle = Eevee

Why? Sure Eevee trained more but still.....

A. They both just hatched.

B. They both took down fairly experienced pokemon. You don't know that Ariados was any better/worse than Mashtomp anyway.

C. They both pulled a last minute move out of their a**

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
seizureman said:
A. They both just hatched.

B. They both took down fairly experienced pokemon. You don't know that Ariados was any better/worse than Mashtomp anyway.

C. They both pulled a last minute move out of their a**
I already explained the whole newborn hatching thing, so I won't repeat myself.

Harley is a freaking coordinator. Meaning, he has to actually put some effort into training his pokémon in order to make any sort of progress. Therefore it's safe to assume that his Ariados had been through some sort of training.
Brock on the other hand, sits around brushing and feeding his team all day. And the only pokémon he has that even stood any sort of chance was a Marshtomp that's only ever been used for stupid little tasks.

Again, Dig isn't anything to get flustered about. Again, all it is, is a feint attack from underground. Again, there's hardly anything jaw-droppingly uber about that. FFS, Brock even screws up the whole Dig strategy anyway, so why the **** is it a problem?

Kabuto

little punks!
No one has to agree with my statements but they are factual. Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.

Therefore it's safe to assume that his Ariados had been through some sort of training.
Brock on the other hand, sits around brushing and feeding his team all day.

Brushing and feeding actually helps a pokemon alot. And Harley could've just captured that Ariados. Hes not that good of a coordinator apparently since he didn't beat May once before that. You all think Brock is terrible but hes not that bad. The Mudkip stood up to Ash's Taillow and Corphish, his Grovyle, and TR on many occassions.

Again, Dig isn't anything to get flustered about. Again, all it is, is a feint attack from underground. There's hardly anything jaw-droppingly uber about that. FFS, Brock even screws up the whole Dig strategy anyway, so why the **** is it a problem?

Ok and ice beam isn't a big deal either. Squirtle is a water type for crying out loud. Actually......Squirtle > Eevee. Go ahead flame me I can care less.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Did anyone notice TR were selling something with Drew on it. They were also selling like pins of their Pokemon (including Chimecho and....Marstomp??)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
seizureman said:
No one has to agree with my statements but they are factual. Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
Excuse me? I have my own opinions, thank you very much.

Brushing and feeding actually helps a pokemon alot. And Harley could've just captured that Ariados. Hes not that good of a coordinator apparently since he didn't beat May once before that. You all think Brock is terrible but hes not that bad. The Mudkip stood up to Ash's Taillow and Corphish, his Grovyle, and TR on many occassions.
Brushing and feeding is hardly as beneficial as taking the time to help a pokémon perfect it's battling skills. That should be pretty obvious.

Harley is a decent coordinator, because he's already succeeded in multiple Contests and was one of the finallists in the Grand Festival. The only reason he lost prior to te more recent contest is because he let overconfidence or blind hatred get in his way. And obviously, he was able to overcome that.

Brock is intellegent, and therefore a decent strategist and knows how to raise pokémon to be healthy. But if he hasn't got a pokémon that has actually been trained to fight in some way, then he's at a disadvantage because the glass is only half full.
I already pointed the flaws in the whole 'Mudkip survived a Leaf Blade' thing earlier. And Taillow and Corphish were hardly the skilled fighters they are now way back in the days of early AG.

Ok and ice beam isn't a big deal either. Squirtle is a water type for crying out loud. Actually......Squirtle > Eevee. Go ahead flame me I can care less.
Yes it is. Squirtle was a starter pokémon, and therefore was supposed to be bred in a way that helps the trainer develop. It's Ice Beam attack was used as a stupid deus ex machina for a last minute win, with a drawdback that was only ever brought up at that point and ditched the very next moment it used the move.
Dig on the other hand, whilst causing problems for Marshtomp, was overcome during the battle and rendered useless.

Kabuto

little punks!
Excuse me? I have my own opinions, thank you very much.

I actually wasn't referring to you but I'm the only one making a stand here.

And Taillow and Corphish were hardly the skilled fighters they are now way back in the days of early AG.

Neither was the unevolved Mudkip

Other than that you make good points. I still think Harley recently caught that Ariados since it wasn't used in the GF. And I still hate that Eevee even from the instant it was hatched.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
This seems more like a stereotypical situation in which because Squirtle is uber, that obviously when May gets another Pokemon that wins first time then it is classified as an uber.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Eh? I really don't see what you mean, since some of the most vocal Zenigane haters have no problem with Eievui winning a contest. Myself included.

day_macca

Boulder Trainer
Kojiro said:
Did anyone notice TR were selling something with Drew on it. They were also selling like pins of their Pokemon (including Chimecho and....Marstomp??)

Yeah, they also had pictures of jessie in one of her contests (i think it was ariados vs squirtle)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's probably no more than 2 months old though. :p

I think May's Eevee is cute.

[img139]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag167/382.jpg[/img139]

Again, awwwwwwww.

Dreamcoat

seizureman said:
I hope Marshtomp evolves soon. I'd hate to see it booted off before it we see him with Swampert and it puts that little furball back in its place. Eevee may have been trained and Marshtomp was hardly touched. But still you can't tell me a pokemon that was around that early can lose to a newborn.
Marshtomp has almost zero battle experience (only fought 1/2 times) and Eevee has, if I'm not much mistaken, been in more battles than Marshtomp.

Kabuto

little punks!
Do I have to make note that Mashtomp may be far behind Sceptile and Combusken but still has a fair share of battle experience yet again? Fought half the times a Eevee? If I'm not mistaken this is Eevee's first real battle. Why couldn't Eevee lose to Harley and Munchlax take the win against Brock >_>. I never really liked contests anyway but I don't like Brock getting sucked into it and losing even though he is shafted by the writers.

day_macca

Boulder Trainer
This episode was pretty good actully. I thought it wouldn't. Bring on the next surprise

Seizureman, I really don't see the validity in your argument >_> This isn't like the Dusclops/Skitty match or the Ariados/Squirtle match. Eevee won in a fair, believable way, and Marshtomp did an excellent job of fighting while the timer was still going. This match should pretty much please everyone except the few people who thought Brock would win.
Bias against Eevee isn't enough to fuel an argument, BTW. I'm not all that fond of Eevee in general, but I can't deny May's Eevee did well here.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Kabuto

little punks!
No one even mentioned Skitty vs. Houndoom. Anyway, while Eevee is better than Squirtle (you've convinced me) its still a n00bie that needs more time to sharpen its skills. Even Treecko didn't win the first battle it was in when it got plummeted by Seviper who falls to almost anything now. Even SCEPTILE lost to Seviper and cacnea and a pack of Beedrill.

Last edited:

Dreamcoat

~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Seizureman, I really don't see the validity in your argument >_> This isn't like the Dusclops/Skitty match or the Ariados/Squirtle match. Eevee won in a fair, believable way, and Marshtomp did an excellent job of fighting while the timer was still going. This match should pretty much please everyone except the few people who thought Brock would win.
Bias against Eevee isn't enough to fuel an argument, BTW. I'm not all that fond of Eevee in general, but I can't deny May's Eevee did well here.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion
Indeed she/he did and it is nice to finally see one of May's Kanto PKMN fight a decent battle without any über powerful moves like her Squirtle, unfortunately, does most of the time it participates in a contest.