• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if 4Kids never got Sonic X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a question for you all.
Let's say that in an alternate universe, 4Kids tried getting Sonic X but failed to do so. Who would have picked it up then?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
My first thought would be Saban, since they had a similar target audience. But the series was created in 2003; Saban sold to Disney in 2002, & if I remember right Disney was mostly interested in Power Rangers.

ADV Films was still around; maybe they'd pick it up, if the Sonic OVA sold well-enough for them. They also distributed Monster Rancher, so they had some experience with kids' anime.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I'm not sure who would have gotten it if 4kids didn't. Maybe Disney or Jetix would have, or Cartoon Network. It's really hard to say, honestly.

Morax

King of heroes
I’m not sure it would have had much of an impact. I mean it’s not like there was any ‘inappropriate’ content in there.
images

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
No idea, but we wouldn't have gotten Gotta Go Fast, and that's a tragedy

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I’m not sure it would have had much of an impact. I mean it’s not like there was any ‘inappropriate’ content in there.
Lol you underestimate the soccer moms.
HfXyKla.png

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Sonic X was pretty tame, more so than Digimon and a video game IP. It still would have reached the states, think the quality would have been about the same with some corny changes laced in. It was a not very Japanese show anyway and took place in America or at least the west.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh I'm still baffled that they replaced Live and Learn when it played, a song that's fully in english

BCVM22

I don't imagine it had anything to do with the language of the song (that's silly) and everything to do with 4Kids not having access to any of the original's audio and/or music. Why that was the case (or why they couldn't get the same access from Sega that the original did) is its own matter entirely, but again, it had nothing to do with what language the song was in.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Not “American” enough.
Which is kinda weird since Crush 40 is Japanese-American and Live and Learn is pretty much the song used whenever Modern Sonic is in anything (I mean even his Smash reveal had it!).

Status
Not open for further replies.