• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if Ash started with Bulbasaur or Charmander or Squirtle and what are the chances of there being a adaptation of that?

Monball

What do think would have likely happened in worlds where he got bulbasaur, charmander and Squirtle?

Could we see different words where he starts with each?

Last edited:

Monball

Could we see alternate universes where Ash chooses bulbasur, charmander and squirtle, maybe on a anniversary?

What are the chances?

AJ97

Could we see alternate universes where Ash chooses bulbasur, charmander and squirtle, maybe on a anniversary?

What are the chances?
We do

There's Pokemon Origins with Red's character essentially being Ash in an alternate universe,

Monball

We do

There's Pokemon Origins with Red's character essentially being Ash in an alternate universe,
How about an actual what if ova about how Ash's world would be different if he got one of those starter Pokemon?
What are the chances?

AJ97

How about an actual what if ova about how Ash's world would be different if he got one of those starter Pokemon?
What are the chances?
Ash's character on the whole is tied to Pikachu.
His battle style, his personality and his entire character.
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

An Ash without Pikachu wouldn't be an Ash. Plus, you're making it seem Ash only uses Pikachu in battle when we've seen him use lots of other Pokemon, that also includes fully-evolved Starter Pokemon in important battles.

Applecorp

There's no way that we'll ever get an AU take where we see Ash with any Kanto starter Pokemon but no Pikachu, but I think Charmander would've been a good fit since he did eventually fully evolve his Charmander so it was basically his second ace in OS after Pikachu any way.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Great thing if he will actually do that.
That's my dream of all time, to see him again doing the Kanto badges and league and winning there.

iraqmaster

With out dragging pickachu along and slowing him down he may have missed the pidgey in the first place.

What do you think?
I wonder if Charmander would have put up with Ash's lazy attitude or lack of preparedness during Gym Battles?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given how popular Lizardon [Charizard] became, I think Hitokage [Charmander] would've made a great mascot in the anime if Pikachu hadn't existed. Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure, although the twentieth movie would've been the ideal place to see Satoshi [Ash] without Pikachu on his team, and one of the Kanto Starters in his place.

Last edited:

Jeal

Given how popular Lizardon [Charizard] became, I think Hitokage [Charmander] would've made a great mascot in the anime if Pikachu hadn't existed. Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure, although the twentieth movie would've been the ideal place to see Satoshi [Ash] without Pikachu on his team, and one of the Kanto Starters in his place.
Why would they do this when the entire point was to make something for the 20th anniversary?

Carina

Plasbad!!
I wonder if Charmander would have put up with Ash's lazy attitude or lack of preparedness during Gym Battles?
They could have made Charmander cocky/confident enough to be ok with that. By the time it evolved into Charmeleon, it kinda already was. ;)

Veedramon

If Ash started with one of the traditional types, then he would've most likely not caught any redundant starter pokemon type to his kanto starter.

His traditional starter would've looked too powerful to lose to any of the early Gym leaders (unless it didn't evolve), and it would've probably been kept in its pokeball if fully evolved.

I'd be all for it! Imagine how crazy hype it would've been if Ash sent out a Blastoise or something to have the final fight with Leon's Charizard

SatoSereFan224888

Well I think Ash would have made it farther in the Indigo League had he started with Bulbasaur than Pikachu beacuse of the type advantages Bulbasaur would have had against Brock and Misty.