• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if Ash was a Gym Leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crobatman

If Ash became a gym leader one day, what type of gym would he have?

I think he would have an all type gym, but what if he used only one type of pokemon? Which type would it be?

How would the show turn out if the main character was a gym leader?

It will be probably like Green in G/S with mix of different types of Pokemon.

Main being the Gym leader could work it Pokemon is 13~24 episode anime. Starting off with some gym defending, then TR or other evil organization interferes that makes some problems for protagonist to solve. Or they can have an episodes where Ash tries to pass Gym leader test (like Red in Special).

But considering that Pokemon is not short 13~24 episode, but an anime that must go on for indefinite time as it must advertise the games as they come out, I don't see any way how it could be fit in to a format.

Last edited:

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
If he became a Gym leader I think that his gym type would be a diferent mix of pokemon since he doesn't have a type preference. But if he would had a type preference I think that he would had a grass type gym( Don't know why I came to this conclution so don't ask me why ).
If the main character of the anime was a gym leader I don't know why the anime would had a purpose to exist since gym leaders are made to be beatable not invincible and since the main character can lose some matches but he can't lose them all.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Ash can do better than gym leader, once Agatha dies he can take her place in Kanto's Elite 4.
Or he could take up Scott's offer to be a Frontier Brain, like Noland he can have
a whole mess of Pokemon and not use any specific type. I always liked the idea
of Ash retiring to Pallet Town with wife Misty to be a FB. His Battle Facility is
next to Oak's (Now Gary's) lab and he can use any of his Pokemon to battle
challengers.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Ash can do better than gym leader, once Agatha dies he can take her place in Kanto's Elite 4.

... how terrible. o_o

They'll probably switch to using the Gold / Silver E4 since it's about that time. That means Koga's next to get a promotion, I think, even though Koga was one of the easiest Gym Leaders for Ash to beat.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I could see Ash running a pretty epic Fire or Grass gym. Maybe even a flying gym.

Fire Choices: Cyndaquil, Torkoal, Monferno, Charizard

Grass Choices: Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Grotle, Sceptile

Flying Choices: Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Gliscor, Charizard

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I can't see Ash not using Pikachu, or just going electric... I think he'd be a brain, but he prefers the traveling and tournament route. Most rooted gym leaders are either a bit old for the traveling game or have other duties within their city

I could never see Ash as a Gym Leader, or even part of the Elite Four due to his mix of Pokemon types in his teams.
I could see him as the head of a competition such as the Orange Islands were he beat Lance/Drake (can't remember his name?) in the episode Hello Pumello/Enter the Dragonite.
This is only because Lance/Drake used a variety of Pokemon types.

Status
Not open for further replies.