• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if Ash won the Johto League?

Okay, in this alternate timeline... where Ash won the Johto League.

How do you feel if Ash won the Johto league and leaves after Johto region and would the Generic male Protagonist have replaced Ash in Hoenn Region and onwards?

Would Team Rocket Trio also be leaving After Johto Region?

Edit: This assumes that Ash got through Elite four and champion, would it happen through?

Last edited:

nickdt

Yes.

I mean, i cannot see Ash without Jessie, James and Meowth, just like i cannot picture them without Ash.

Applecorp

This is assuming that him winning would automatically mean he'd be ditched right? Well that Shudo guy loved Team Rocket so I bet the writing staff would've found a way to keep them somehow.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
My guess is that they would've made a bigger finale for the original series since they would most likely write off Ash & Pikachu. If anything, they would've had Ash either battle Lance as a prize for winning the Johto League, or take on Ho-Oh at the summit of Mt. Silver to both reference the battle with Red and pay off the appearances of Ho-Oh all throughout OS. This would lead Ash either finding some way to become a pokemon master, or properly send off Ash along with Brock and Misty as he continues his goal leaving people satisfied that series had some kind of resolution.

The series would then have either switched to a new protagonist or turn into an anthology starting with the Advanced Generation, and the new protagonist(s) would either have a Pikachu of their first pokemon or start off the journey with the region's pikaclone. As for Team Rocket, I can still see them being the main villains throughout the series & keeping their roles they have now, only setting on their sites on the new protagonist(s) for each series rather than focusing their attention on Ash & Pikachu. They could've made it into the Advanced after paying off all of their debts in Johto, with Giovanni assigning them to the Hoenn region as a way to get rid of them since they'll either be out of his hair or they'll be killed by Team Aqua & Team Magma

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

If League means Conference, then he could lose against any of the E4/Champion and then AG happens retiring him as a Frontier Brain, which I think was the best opportunity of retiring Ash (sorry DP).

Ironically Johto League is the only league where he had a good league loss lol. Kanto, unova, hoenn Kalos and sinnoh were all BS
Tbf Hoenn was not as BS, or at least not in comparison with Kanto/Unova level or Sinnoh/Kalos level of unfair trainer.

Kalos was good for the salt it generated
At least the episode overall was good, the outcome or how they handled it was awful.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Like you said if Ash won the league, AG would give us new protag who would win Hoenn league and then new protag who would win Sinnoh league etc.
Pokemon would turn into Yugioh which I would after DP stop watching.
As of TR it depends if new protags had Pikachu, if they had TR would atill be with us.

As of would Ash beat E4 and Champions of Johto , yes but not at that time that he wins league.He would probably make appearance later and would say that he has become E4 aka beat somen E4 off screen.

Morax

King of heroes
Like you said if Ash won the league, AG would give us new protag who would win Hoenn league and then new protag who would win Sinnoh league etc.
Pokemon would turn into Yugioh which I would after DP stop watching
How is that any worse than hitting the reset button every 3 years?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Tbf Hoenn was not as BS, or at least not in comparison with Kanto/Unova level or Sinnoh/Kalos level of unfair trainer.
A serious Meowth wearing boots belonging to a really flat trainer who had the least thematically close connection to it made absolutely no sense that it was incredibly **. Not even a filler could remedy that strange pairing.

RafaSceptile

A serious Meowth wearing boots belonging to a really flat trainer who had the least thematically close connection to it made absolutely no sense that it was incredibly **. Not even a filler could remedy that strange pairing.
Compared to Trollbias, Cameron's DEX and without a Pokémon, and TRio sabotaging Ash...Tyson is a blessing

Morax

King of heroes
Reset button was actually only hit once.
Depends on what you consider a reset. For me switching pokemon is hitting the button so yeah, they've done it 8 times now.

It doesn't matter whether he retains his skills, if he starts raising pokemon from zero again then that's a reset.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Nothing would change. The writers wanted him to lose. Ash is only as powerful as the plot demands.
Ash and Tyson were down to their last pokemon but I'm supposed to believe nothing would change if he brought in Charizard/Snorlax/Bulbasaur/Squirtle

Ash and Cameron were down to their last pokemon despite Cameron only using 5 but I'm supposed to believe nothing would change if he brought in Sceptile/Gible/Staraptor/Kingler

Ash and Alain were down to their last pokemon but I'm suppsed to believe nothing would change if he brought in Snorlax/Sceptile/Infernape/Charizard

Unless the writers pull a Trollbias and give them all legendaries Ash is winning those leagues if he goes all out,at least for Hoenn and Unova.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Naaaa
Pikachu lost to a freaking meowth in a battle which had mons like Metagross and Grovyle in the fray
It lost to a damn meowth, which had for some reason boots
It lost to a puss in boots
Why? What was that damn story? What pot did the writers smoke?
Everything else atleast makes sense in what they were trying but wtf was this battle. Nah man f the hoenn league outcome I hate it so much

Morax

King of heroes
Ash and Tyson were down to their last pokemon but I'm supposed to believe nothing would change if he brought in Charizard/Snorlax/Bulbasaur/Squirtle

Ash and Cameron were down to their last pokemon despite Cameron only using 5 but I'm supposed to believe nothing would change if he brought in Sceptile/Gible/Staraptor/Kingler

Ash and Alain were down to their last pokemon but I'm suppsed to believe nothing would change if he brought in Snorlax/Sceptile/Infernape/Charizard

Unless the writers pull a Trollbias and give them all legendaries Ash is winning those leagues if he goes all out,at least for Hoenn and Unova.
Yes to all of that. Ash lost because the higher-ups/executives wanted him to lose, not because his pokemon were weak. Power levels literally don't matter.