• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if each series had original names?

Rune Knight

This is just for fun, and not meant to knock on the anime in any way.

Personally, I always found the idea of labeling each iteration of the show after their respective games to be a little too un-appealing for my taste.

The times that they refrained from doing so worked really well from a creative standpoint.

For example, Pokémon Advanced Generation could be a possible reference to the handheld system that housed its games at the time, being the Gameboy Advance.

Meanwhile, Pokémon Best Wishes likely borrows initials to its core series titles.

But what if such was the case for each series? What would they be called and why? I will be sharing my suggestions bellow, so feel free to share your own.

By the way, I will be referring to Pocket Monsters by its international name being Pokémon for simplicity, in case that bothers anyone.

The first iteration of the show, better known as Pokémon the Original Series would keep its name, since it was initial introduction to the anime as a whole.

Pokémon Advanced Generation would also keep its name since like mentioned, it's a nice play on words.

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl would become Pokémon the Sinnoh Saga, since the majority takes place in the region. In short it would be referred to as Pokémon SS.

Pokémon Best Wishes
would also stay, and would remain in the English dub as well.

Pokémon XY would become Pokémon Beyond Evolution, referencing its gimmick being mega-evolution.

Pokémon Sun and Moon would become Pokémon Ultra Quest, as a reference to the ultra beasts, ultra space, and the exploration aspect of the series.

Pokémon Journeys would keep its name, and would also be referred to in the Japanese Version as well.

Morax

King of heroes
This is just for fun, and not meant to knock on the anime in any way.

Personally, I always found the idea of labeling each iteration of the show after their respective games to be a little too un-appealing for my taste.

The times that they refrained from doing so worked really well from a creative standpoint.

For example, Pokémon Advanced Generation could be a possible reference to the handheld system that housed its games at the time, being the Gameboy Advance.

Meanwhile, Pokémon Best Wishes likely borrows initials to its core series titles.

But what if such was the case for each series? What would they be called and why? I will be sharing my suggestions bellow, so feel free to share your own.

By the way, I will be referring to Pocket Monsters by its international name being Pokémon for simplicity, in case that bothers anyone.

The first iteration of the show, better known as Pokémon the Original Series would keep its name, since it was initial introduction to the anime as a whole.

Pokémon Advanced Generation would also keep its name since like mentioned, it's a nice play on words.

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl would become Pokémon the Sinnoh Saga, since the majority takes place in the region. In short it would be referred to as Pokémon SS.

Pokémon Best Wishes
would also stay, and would remain in the English dub as well.

Pokémon XY would become Pokémon Beyond Evolution, referencing its gimmick being mega-evolution.

Pokémon Sun and Moon would become Pokémon Ultra Quest, as a reference to the ultra beasts, ultra space, and the exploration aspect of the series.

Pokémon Journeys would keep its name, and would also be referred to in the Japanese Version as well.
Gen 1 - pokemon phantom blood
Gen 2 - pokemon battle tendency
Gen 3 - pokemon stardust crusaders
Gen 4 - pokemon diamond is unbreakable
Gen 5 - pokemon golden wind
Gen 6 - pokemon stone ocean
Gen 7 - steel pokeball run
Gen 8 - pokelion
Yay or nay?

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Best Wishes when pronounced in Japanese is pronounced as "Best Uisshu"... There is a pun here. Isshu is the Japanese Name for the Unova Region and Best Wishes is generally something people say when you are headed off to a New Adventure/Journey. This was the likely meaning kept behind the name.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
abf.jpg

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
AG: Legendary Partners (Hoenn has plenty of legendaries)
DP: Unbreakable Bonds (Diamond, pearl, and platinum are gemstones, which can be used as a metaphor for friendship)
BW: Black and White: Adventures in Unova (I thought Best Wishes was a cheesy name)
XY: Keep it.
SM: Pokémon: Dimensions
JN: Go Beyond! (It’s mainly about Goh, also Pokémon Go is a thing, so)