• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if every Pokémon type had an immunity?

Rune Knight

Just for fun. What if every Pokémon type had a type immunity?

Here is my list, I may make a few tweaks later. Feel free to share to share your own! Go crazy and feel free to change and add on to the ones that already exist.

Feel free to use this template as well:

Bug -
Dark -
Dragon -
Electric -
Fairy -
Fighting -
Fire -
Flying -
Ghost -
Grass -
Ground -
Ice -
Normal -
Poison -
Psychic -
Rock -
Steel -
Water -

Bug - Grass
Dark - Psychic
Dragon - Water, Electric, Grass, Fire
Electric - Electric (Itself)
Fairy - Dragon
Fighting - Dark
Fire - Fire (Itself)
Flying - Ground
Ghost - Normal, Fighting
Grass - Grass (Itself)
Ground - Electric
Ice - Ice (Itself)
Normal - Ghost
Poison - Poison (Itself)
Psychic - Fighting, Fire and Ice; plays on the whole idea that pain is in the mind.
Rock - Poison
Steel - Poison
Water - Water (Itself)

Last edited:

Tsukisha

Bug - Dark
Dragon - Fire
Electric - Steel
Fighting - Ghost
Fire - Grass
Grass - Water
Ice - Ice
Poison - Fairy
Psychic - Poison
Rock - Flying
Water - Water

I did not repeat the types we already know about their immunities. The poisoning status, Water- and Ghost-type are way too overpowered in my opinion, so I nerfed them.

Rune Knight

Bug - Dark
Dragon - Fire
Electric - Steel
Fighting - Ghost
Fire - Grass
Grass - Water
Ice - Ice
Poison - Fairy
Psychic - Poison
Rock - Flying
Water - Water

I did not repeat the types we already know about their immunities. The poisoning status, Water- and Ghost-type are way too overpowered in my opinion, so I nerfed them.

I like this list.

Wait so, I'm curious as to why you made fighting immune to ghost; I know that the incentive was to nerf it but are there any other lore-based reasons as to why?

Tsukisha

I like this list.

Wait so, I'm curious as to why you made fighting immune to ghost; I know that the incentive was to nerf it but are there any other lore-based reasons as to why?
Ghost-type is immune to both Fighting- and Normal-, but the latter also has an immunity to the former. It seems right to me to give Fighting- an immunity to Ghost-, since the former basically is related to Normal-type.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Don't forget Fairy Types have Dragon immunity. Steel also had Poison immunity until Salazzle came with it's Corrosion ability

Rune Knight

Ghost-type is immune to both Fighting- and Normal-, but the latter also has an immunity to the former. It seems right to me to give Fighting- an immunity to Ghost-, since the former basically is related to Normal-type.

Makes sense, and I guess you could also add that "fighting types do not fear ghosts."