• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if EVERY Pokemon had creepy Red/Blue/Green Sprites? Picture here, really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
http://i.imgur.com/IWTBS.png

I did not make this, but I think everyone should check this out, especially if you haven't already. A bunch of these just look hilarious, and this is pretty fun to look at.

649+ Disproportionate Pokemon with awkwardly angled sprites.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I like some of these, but a few of them are TOO disproportional, and others are just terrible looking. Ones like Chikorita, Salamence, Abomasnow and Minezumi were good though.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
They werent all bad. Most maybe, but Meganium, Piplup, Plusle, Minun & Chillarmy were pretty good imo

luz at Steelix& Exploud XD

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
I will just say that my favorite pokemon, are no longer my favorite. :(

Aquanova

Reshiram looks puny. In fact all the pokemon look like weird caricatures of themselves. Its funny to look at

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah, I've seen this before. It's certainly an interesting effort, and some are rather amusing as well. XD

Tasogare

Probopass looks like someone stuffed his mouth full of cocopuffs.
Most of these are just plain funny, if you ask me.

I think Regice is probably the best one on there in my opinion. Genosect, however, looks the cutest. xD

M4zz

Banned
They aren't creepy. These were golden at their time, and still are. This is the best collection of all 649 revamps I've seen.

shadowdorothy

This makes me want to play my Japanese version of red again.

GalladeX

These are really cool!

I browsed through them quickly, and I love a lot of them, but Dusknoir, Mawile, and Smeargle especially.

Ralts and Mime Jr. look...scary, and I didn't recognize Crimgan, Wheega, Doryuuzu and Steelix at first...

Also, Meditites's expression made me lol.

Typhoon_HG

Returning User
I love the additional sprite of Lucario. Groudon, Salamance, Flygon, and some others look pretty awesome too, and Heatran looks good.

Breezy

These are awesome. I like the ones that look pretty effed up, actually. It reminds me of the fantastic times freaking out whenever I stumbled upon a golbat in Blue version.

Swampert and steelix is just lulzy. Love. I do adore the togetic and lanturn one too.

EDIT: Haha, and is just me, or did this person make Medicham the third generation's Jynx?
It personally reminds me of that shoop da whoop thang. XP

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
i think all old sprites are way better then the new ones

AlbinoRaccoon15

Jukebox Hero
Wow, all of these are impressive! The Mamoswine sure does look weird though, lol.

rocky505

Lol noctowl looks like it is taking a dump xD Raikou looks odd lol. Ludicolo wants a high five. and why does Medicham look like Mr Popo? I actually like Yannakies and Darmanitan is very creepy looking

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
i like palkia. lol ROAR and look at my razor sharp teeth!

i must say all the sprites are well done. though i don't play first gen games and i didn't know the sprites are funny blocky style.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
A few of them do look a little overexaggerated in terms of misproportion, but some others actually are very funny. Lol at smoochum looking like a bad interpretation of blackface just like jynx. And then medicham looking like a worse interpretation of blackface.

Volbeat and ambipom amused me.

Status
Not open for further replies.