• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if, instead of making the new content, be it a new region, hard reboot, or something else, they just decided to start airing old episodes?

BlueDragonfangirl

What the Hell? That’d be replacing Ash, I don’t want that.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
There are reruns already on Japanese TV and the entire series is available in platforms like Amazon Prime for the younger audience to have access to.

In West, we have Pokémon TV, many streaming services depending on the country, etc. And some countries rerun old episodes too.

This thread doesn't make any sense.

What they should do is remaster the non-digital episodes like they did with episode 1 and offer them at a higher quality.

DayQuil95

A reboot would be one of the worst possible decisions from every imaginable angle, unless you mean a reboot exclusive to specific series, like OS, which even then would be questionable in the eyes of many, due to a lot of the charm being removed.
Now let's go for the reason why a reboot would be horrible for them:

1. You would be taking a character that has been with us for over 25 years and is one of the most recognizable characters in media, and simply ignoring everything he has done up to this point by resetting his character back to a level that he doesn't deserve to be on again.

2. Marketing. It wouldn't be sustainable to have Ash go through Johto Gyms again while, say, a Kalos Remake and Gen 9 are hot on the market, since that would just screw up the main purpose of the anime, alongside pretty much showing things we have already seen all over again.

Jeal

A reboot would be one of the worst possible decisions from every imaginable angle, unless you mean a reboot exclusive to specific series, like OS, which even then would be questionable in the eyes of many, due to a lot of the charm being removed.
Now let's go for the reason why a reboot would be horrible for them:

1. You would be taking a character that has been with us for over 25 years and is one of the most recognizable characters in media, and simply ignoring everything he has done up to this point by resetting his character back to a level that he doesn't deserve to be on again.

2. Marketing. It wouldn't be sustainable to have Ash go through Johto Gyms again while, say, a Kalos Remake and Gen 9 are hot on the market, since that would just screw up the main purpose of the anime, alongside pretty much showing things we have already seen all over again.
He is talking about airing old episodes again, not making a reboot.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
old episodes with this artstyle? NO please.
If its not broken, dont distort it with an horrible artstyle...:/

Psajdak

old episodes with this artstyle? NO please.
If its not broken, dont distort it with an horrible artstyle...:/
As someone who experienced legendary Pokemania of late 90s / early 2000s, and really, really loved Pokemon anime back then, I still find it puzzling that people consider those old visuals to be superior to what we have now.

That being said, while Mewtwo movie was the special case, I really doubt they would ever reanimate the original series 1:1 with current technology.

Hard reboot where Ash goes through the Kanto region anew, and maybe even Johto, and so on, but meets characters like Brock, or Misty "for the first time", or maybe even have other traveling partners, like Erika, and Sabrina - basically a whole new take on Gen 1 adaptation of games...

I could see that happening.

ShadowForce720

As someone who experienced legendary Pokemania of late 90s / early 2000s, and really, really loved Pokemon anime back then, I still find it puzzling that people consider those old visuals to be superior to what we have now.

That being said, while Mewtwo movie was the special case, I really doubt they would ever reanimate the original series 1:1 with current technology.

Hard reboot where Ash goes through the Kanto region anew, and maybe even Johto, and so on, but meets characters like Brock, or Misty "for the first time", or maybe even have other traveling partners, like Erika, and Sabrina - basically a whole new take on Gen 1 adaptation of games...

I could see that happening.
If they were to do they would likely change up Ash’s team so that he doesn’t have the exact same mons that he had in the OS.

Obviously he would still have a Pikachu(although they could evolve it into Raichu if they wanted) but he may not wind up getting all 3 Kanto and Johto starters that time around.

Now of course besides Pikachu there could be some Pokémon that he had in the OS that he could wind up getting in the hypothetical reboot.