• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if Jessie still had Lickitung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex-ty

Swift and deadly
Lickitung is better to me because it's just cool XD but lost a match against Psyduck in it's forth (i think) match against misty but last time i checked it used lick which is a dark attack and has an advantage over the little water/psychic pokemon. It also has stomp which it uses later in over battles so why didn't it use it then? because Jessie's to stupid to use it right.
Wobuffet however is just funny. That's it. But looking at Team Rockets pokemon they got well rare pokemon.
A TALKING Meowth- how rare can you get
Arbok- pretty rare
Lickitung- very rare (i've never seen one in any of my games except pokemon silver.)
Wobuffet- Rare (except that place in Johto who practically would marry them if they could)
Seviper- (Hoenn pokemon which barely any of Team Rocket have so) Rare
Dustox- the most common pokemon they have/had
Weezing- pretty rare
Victorebell- pretty rare
Cacnea- evolve it and it will be rare
Chimecho- very rare
Manene- ultra rare (in my opinion)
I listed every pokemon Team Rocket have/had and it just shows that if they only kept one pokemon they could be executives.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
ex-ty said:
Lickitung is better to me because it's just cool XD but lost a match against Psyduck in it's forth (i think) match against misty but last time i checked it used lick which is a dark attack and has an advantage over the little water/psychic pokemon.

Two things wrong with that:
1) Back then, Lick was still a normal type attack.
2) Psyduck is not a psychic type.

If Jessie still had Lickitung...hmm, it would follow the route of Dustox (as in, not used a lot, and when it is it would only lose anyway. But then again, every Team Rocket Pokemon has to lose one way or another). And we would be missing a gem of today's episodes, Wobbuffet.

Kabuto

little punks!
The poor thing would of had its tongue cut off by [SPOIL]Sceptiles leaf blade[/SPOIL] Luckily the thing got a better trainer and we are not sick of it like the rest of TR. Especially that pitiful Victreebel and Cacneas copy routine.

Last edited:

Aptenodytes

Lickitung was fun to have, but Wobuffet is a much better Pokemon! I'd rather see a blue blob than a pink blob any day :D.

taitofan

Stalker!
Well, I like Sonansu more than Beroringa, but alas, it really doesn't matter. To respond to the original question, Musashi will never have a fighting chance; she will continue to lose no matter what pokemon she has. Right now all that matter is which is funnier. And Sonansu wins that category in my opinion. Nothing that Beroringa did stands out in my mind, other than it eating all of Musashi's stuff in the Girl's Day episode. =/

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
I liked lickitung no doubt about it but the change happened and they even had the episode where duplica came back in johto with her mini dit to show mirror coat on wobbufett as well with both of those attacks (counter,and Mirror coat) they cant lose

nivogirl

If Jessie had not traded her Lickitung for Wobbuffet, she would not have got all the victories she has in the anime. Jessie was very angry at Lickitung for all of the shenagains that it did, so Jessie is very lucky to have traded her Licktung for Wobbuffet.

A much darker timeline.
Also why a thread from 2006

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Wobbuffet has more of a personality than Lickitung did and that makes it work so well with the slapstick humor TRio occasionally have. It might not be able to use more useful and powerful attacks such as Hyper Beam but it can still make it difficult for Ash to defeat TRio.

DatsRight

Okay, random revived thread but what the hey.

Really the thing about Likitung is that it barely appeared and didn't gain much of a personality besides a kinda dopey thing that licks stuff. In fact in its entire run I think it appeared in all of 15 or so episodes.

Wobbuffet, even with its trademark gag not surviving translation, has a funnier personality and dynamic with the TRio, basically their fourth member at this point. I do find it a shame they don't battle with it more often (even Meowth battles more than Wobbuffet in the past couple series) but ultimately I think TRio's battle efficiency completely depends on whether the writers can be bothered. Likitung, Seviper, even Meowth got good power displays the rare times writers were compelled enough to write a good Team Rocket battle instead of using it as quick padding.

It's kinda jarring going back to the early 2000s episodes and comments knowing Wobbuffet would outlast Arbok and Weezing, that's for sure.

Psajdak

Lickitung is one of the best designed Pokemon ever; unfortunately, Jessie's one had a personality of a doorknob.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Lickitung is one of the best designed Pokemon ever; unfortunately, Jessie's one had a personality of a doorknob.
Lickitung got all of its moments in its debut episode and then it was the equivalent of a stale piece of bread. It had no other important appearances again until it was accidentally traded for Wobbuffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.