• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if Jessie still had Lickitung?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I prefer Lickitung over Wobbuffet, and if she still had it Maybe she would have more of a fighting chance? What do you think the show would be like?

Jason Park

The Steel Master
Wabbuffet is quite strong, when it uses counter. I think Wabbuffet is funnier than Lickitung with more personality.

Thriller

Its almost time
Lickitung wouldn't be too thrilled, didn't you watch the end of that episode? It was so happy to not be Jessie's anymore.

G

Geki

I think Wobbuffet could pwn Lickitung with Counter or Mirror Coat. And besides, Wobbuffet can be used for comic relief unlike Lickitung, which I couldn't see being funny in any way.

M

Mr_Mime06

Lickitung would have become more well know and it would get the Pre Evo it deserves.

Mr_Mime06 said:
Lickitung would have become more well know and it would get the Pre Evo it deserves.

No more Pre evo's! Licki needs an Evo!

M

Mr_Mime06

pre evo's are cool most are useless but their are cool for contests and a great additon to a weird team.

How would a Liki Evolve look its already a pretty big pokemon.

Mr_Mime06 said:
pre evo's are cool most are useless but their are cool for contests and a great additon to a weird team.

How would a Liki Evolve look its already a pretty big pokemon.

Who said it needs to change size? Onix --> Steelix >_>

Raevell

I like Wobbuffet. My biggest complaint is that Team Rocket isn't smart enough to use him more often. Team Ash couldn't get a hit in if they used it properly. Of course they do this so Ash does win, but... Come on, Team Rocket! Get with it!

That and I hate when they mix up Counter and Mirror Coat. -_-;; But I think Wobbuffet is funny and I enjoy its zaniness.

Lickitung wasn't entirely funny IMO. They never gave it a real personality like Wobbuffet. That and it made the people at Pokemopolis jobs far too easy... ^^;

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Considering how Soonansu bores the heck out of me (no, I honestly don't find it funny. ._.; ) I guess I would prefer Musashi to have a Beroringa. For some reason the long tongued pokemon always appeared cute to me, not to mention it's lick attack took down almost anything Satoshi and them threw at it.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Team Rocket has been stronger with Wobbuffet, in my opinion. He has given Team Rocket a lot of wins, big and small- over Chikorita in his first episode, vs. B&C's ratticate in "The Fortune Hunters", over the bullies' fighting pokemon in "Wobba-Palooza", over Articuno (!) in "Freeze Frame", over an arcanine in "The Stolen Stones", over golem in "The Wayward Wobbuffet", over Delibird in "Dues and Don'ts", and probably a few more that I'm forgetting. Even when he hasn't won, he's done some pretty good counter moves, like in "Address Unown", "Around the Whirlpool", and "Pokeblock Stock and Berry". He's had more victories and good fights overall than the rest of Team Rocket's team, past and present.

Lickitung, by contrast, can only claim a couple of victories- a 3/4 victory over Misty in "Princess vs. Princess", over the ledybas in "The Whistle Stop", and over farfetch'd in "A Farfetch'd Tale". Except for its first episode, none of those victories were all that spectacular either.

Plus, Wobbuffet has a much funnier personality. :D :D :D

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I pretty much prefer Sonansu over Beroringa. It brings back the kind of comedy relief the show's been sort of lacking nowadays.

POKErUsAm

Macho man!
jessie never has her wobbufet use counter,only b/c she would always win.what ever happened to lickitung?wasnt it traded to someone else by accident?i forget.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
POKErUsAm said:
jessie never has her wobbufet use counter,only b/c she would always win.
What are you talking about? o_O; Musashi always has her Sonansu use counter when its in battle.
what ever happened to lickitung?wasnt it traded to someone else by accident?i forget.
Yes.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
If she still had Lickitung she could give it to her boss as a rare pokemon.

See this is what i don't get Team rocket always want rae pokemon But look at team rockets pokemon team and ones they have had yet they don't give them 2 their boss Geovarnie.
Lickitung:Rare
Chimecho: Very Rare
pre-evo of Mr Mime: Well it must b extremly rare as Mr Mime is very rare.
Seviper: Kinda rare
Dusktox: Not that rare but i gess the boss would like one still.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I miss Lickitung as well D: Then again, it is one of my favourite Kanto Pokemon...

However, I think Lickitung never really got a chance to show how good it was at battling because Arbok hogged the spotlight pretty much 24/7. Now that Wobbufett doesn't need to battle to get a cameo and just pops out of its ball, it gets the most screentime of Jessie's Pokemon.
It's kinda funny that Jessie traded her shafted Pokemon for a Pokemon that is now one of, if not the most recognizable Team Rocket Pokemon [that's right...even more-so than Meowth].

I remember watching the episode where Jessie traded her Lickitung for Wobbufett...it happened to suddenly and unexpectedly...I was totally shocked as Lickitung was my favourite Team Rocket Pokemon at the time ;o;

Champion Jared 14

No, team Rocket will be weak no matter what pokemon they get. lickitung got beat many times, and wouldn't survive from one of pikachu's many thunderbolts. IMO, wobuffet is better. Jessie just has to use him right, but she won't. All she knows how to do now is to occasionaly tell it to use a little counter attack here and there.

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
I don't know. Then again, Lickitung couldn't be Meowth's best man.

And I hate comic relief.

The Phantom Thief

I like Wobuffet. I never thought Lickitung was anything special so Jessie's better off without it. Besides, Wobbufett is funnier than Lickitung anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.