• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what if Pokemon exist in real World?

deliaketchum

Hi, I want to make a thread to see your imagination on transposing pokemon in real world.
How would science, religion, politics, economy,culture etc would have impacted? what do you think?

How would you use them in real life?
1. Like chikorita can be used for cutting vegetables if you are a cook.
2. Pulse and minun for charging batteries, jump start.

Last edited:

Mew29240

I would imagine most religions would revolve around Legendary/Mythical Pokemon (and some regular ones with great/exceptional abilities) because their powers would look like divine acts to us (which, to be fair, is true for a bunch of them). Cultures would be built around them too just like they were in the anime (old civilizations, superstitions, traditions, etc.).

Science would walk hand-in-hand with Pokemon as they'd be invaluable resources towards pretty much anything. Whether that be as sources of labor for material, the actual source itself (like how Erika uses Pokemon secretions in her perfumes), or as catalysts for certain reactions. Much of science would be geared towards optimizing their abilities for our benefit and also limiting wild Pokemon's abilities interfering with/damaging cities/towns.

Regarding Legendaries getting captured, I can see an arms race going where nations try to capture them (and other destructive species) to either use in war or as deterrents from them against other nations. The most powerful countries either have the most Legendaries or have the most destructive ones in their possession. That said, I'd imagine certain ones would avoid capture (namely the ones in other dimensions) because of their difficulty in tracking them down and capturing them at a vulnerable time.

deliaketchum

Another one - pokemon centres would be too expensive like healthcare lol
Tiktok/insta/fb world be crazy
Pokemon will be protesting against govt for i dont know better moves lol
Rich kids bragging about gardevoir while poor kids will have trubbish

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
We'd all be dead because humans can't be trusted with this much power.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
They would almost instantaneously die or become an invasive species.

Pokemon as we know would run into problems with our laws of physics. Fire-types would burn out since it takes a lot of calories to sustain our regular body temperature, much less a creature literally on fire. Water-types would face desiccation as they cannot hold water the way anime physics works. Electric-types would run into problems with conservation of charge.

Then there is my field of study, microbiology. Pokemon will either die by Earth's biosphere or will introduce a new wave of diseases as they would become giant mutagen factories.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I saw videos on YouTube people named their dogs & cats Eevee and I doubt people would call their pets as other Pokemon names.

But tbh, they would be more useful than real life pets but potentially more dangerous if their powers were abused, along with more complicated social, cultural, racial, economical & political issues than we already have.

deliaketchum

I saw videos on YouTube people named their dogs & cats Eevee and I doubt people would called their pets as other Pokemon names.

But tbh, they would be more useful than real life pets but potentially more dangerous if their powers were abused, along with more complicated social, cultural, racial, economical & political issues than we already have.
They would be useful like chikorita cutting vegetables for cooking. Charmander lighting fires for camp fire.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Porygon already is real, as it can only exist in cyberspace. So every Porygon and member of its evolution line anyone has owned are real pokemon.