• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Kamex

To be fair, I think that if Special were the anime, then it'd be possible that the Japanese voice actors of Ash, Gary, etc. most likely wouldn't be chosen. Them making a different anime would give them a different mindset and let them think of different things. In the same way, I wouldn't expect a Special movie every year either. You know the whole idea of changing one thing in the past and that impacting all sorts of things in the future? That's how I'd feel if they made Special the anime.

I still can defend my stance on me thinking it's fine if, for the most part, Ash's Japanese voice actor is used for Red, etc. But since this is a "what would happen" thread and not a "what should happen thread" (I forgot about this), I won't say anything more about what I'd want unless matt0044 were fine with it.

(Although my episodes list is at least partially how I'd think the episodes should be if there weren't any fillers that changed things.)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
As long as they don't sound alike I guess I really don't care. I just don't want Red to sound like Ash, or Platina like Dawn, etc. If there is not even a single trace of those voices in the Special ones that I wouldn't have a problem with it. One of the things I love about Special when I read is it's a nice escape/break from the anime loophole. No disrespect to the anime cause I'm a fan of that too.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
If a Special anime was made by a different company it might be more likely to use different voice actors for the characters as well. To be honest a lot of factors affect who the voice actors would be.

As for me personally, I would prefer different voice actors for all (or at least most) of the characters, since they are all pretty different from their anime counterparts for the most part and I'd like to create distance between the series. However, if the anime voice actors actually did a good job I suppose I wouldn't mind some of the anime voice actors returning. To be honest I'd really just need to see what kind of voice the anime voice actors would do for the characters before deciding if I'd be okay with it or not though. XD

What about manga-only characters with no anime counterpart though? :3 Who would voice Blue, Yellow and Emerald?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
@_@ I hate this. I can picture voices for them but I can't put a voice actor for them.
For voice actors I can only think of two for the Spe characters @_@ (but I'm a bit dizzy right now)

Ruby- Mamoru Miyano
Pearl- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (same as Barry's JP but whenever I read it I picture Pearl's voice sounding JUST like that, but in english =/ maybe a little too hyper but I think he could pull him off)

And these are the only two I can think of right now @_@ burgh my brain feels paralyzed..

Also I wonder about the Gym Leaders? Would they have the same va? I quite like the GL's va's for the anime (except for Falkner, he's much younger in the manga when they first introduce him. I also realize that IF they would use the same va's for Gym Leaders that Ruby's and Dent's would overlap. Oh well More Miyano never hurt anyone)

matt0044

What about manga-only characters with no anime counterpart though? :3 Who would voice Blue, Yellow and Emerald?

Yellow would be tricky, given her secret, but I think a woman who can do a boy's voice that sounds a bit girlish. Blue would be voiced by Veronica Taylor in English (it'd be a good match, if you ask me).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Most Gym Leaders are pretty minor in the anime. Once they lose to Ash you never really see them again, so if it was the same voice actor for Special I doubt anybody would really know the difference, if this was for the Japanese version. It might sound negative but whenever I read PokeSpecial's volumes I never picture any character with anime counterparts with the same voice, Japanese or Dub wise. I purposely always try to give them a different voice when reading to myself, to distance them from their other counterparts even if it's from another show, as long as it's not the Pokemon anime. This could be because I try to give them better voices then what they sound like.

Rex Kamex

For Yellow it wouldn't be too hard to get an ambiguous voice. Does she actually disguise her voice in the manga?

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I plan on doing a full seiyuu to PokeSpe character list among answering a few of the questions.

Depends on the studio that makes it. I would guess that the animation and character designs would be good or at least average. It's pretty rare that you see an anime that has really bad animation and character designs, especially when it's already based off of something (like a manga) as source material.

While really bad animation throughout is rare, bad animation is common. xD I can see PokeSpe having all three (good, average, bad) like other anime that are super popular or due to low budget. I just really hope they wouldn't do what Gash Bell's studio did.

If the Special manga was adapted into an anime and the current anime never existed, the manga would be slightly different since some anime influences would no longer exist. Yellow's character might have not existed, since the Special Pikachu Edition of the Gen I games wouldn't have existed without the anime. Also, gasp, Game!Red's Pikachu in the GSC games might have not existed either, if you think about it. Going back in time to change one part of the franchise brings about a lot of changes to the other parts of the franchise as it is now... interesting. God damned butterfly effect.

My mind... It has been blown.

In all seriousness, what Satoshi said was right. The anime did a lot of good (and awesome) things to the fandom we take for granted (like pokemon following you that Yellow started). Heck, along with Red and Pikachuu, there's Green and Eevee that the fandom uses as well that wouldn't exist...

I also figured that in the Japanese version, Red would be voiced by Ash's Japanese voice actor, Green would be voiced by Gary's Japanese voice actor, Sapphire by May's, Platinum by Dawn's, and Crys by Marina's. Someone on Youtube suggested Naruto's Japanese voice for Gold, and I actually think that works better than Jimmy's Japanese voice actor.

Note: Just because, for example, Sapphire and May would have the same voice actor in Japan, that doesn't mean they have to sound the same.

Rica Matsumoto can't do any other voice than Satoshi's. xD It might work for a few others, but the girls' (Haruka/Sapphire + Platinum/Hikari) seiyuu would really need to make sure they don't sound like they're anime counterparts. Gold as Naruto would sound weird.

Ruby- Mamoru Miyano

I had thought the same! But I think Mamo's voice doesn't exactly fit all of Ruby's character. Ruby is goofy sometimes, but when he's serious it seems like a different person and he gets really serious later on. Mamo's voice is perfect for constantly goofy characters from what I've seen of his stuff. Even in a musical he was the goofy character...

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I had thought the same! But I think Mamo's voice doesn't exactly fit all of Ruby's character. Ruby is goofy sometimes, but when he's serious it seems like a different person and he gets really serious later on. Mamo's voice is perfect for constantly goofy characters from what I've seen of his stuff. Even in a musical he was the goofy character...

I think he could pull him off though :3 He does do some serious roles too, so I think he could XD

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
^ Got any examples? I want to check them out~

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
^ Got any examples? I want to check them out~
Flynn Scifo from Tales of Vesperia and Mr. Just As Planned from Death Note. I'm pretty sure you're familiar with those two...

There's also Setsuna from Gundam 00, Ling Yao from FMA 2009, and Death the Kid from Soul Eater (the latter two sound awesome when they get serious).

In other news, I wouldn't mind Rica Matsumoto voicing Red as long as it isn't too similar to Satoshi's after the early parts. If I didn't mind a hint of Satoshi's voice coming out of Ryou Bakura, I probably wouldn't mind hearing a little bit of it coming out of Red.

Romi Paaku should voice Gold... for the win. Hikaru Midorikawa as Silver = AWESOME.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Romi Paaku should voice Gold... for the win. Hikaru Midorikawa as Silver = AWESOME.

The person who chose Naruto's voice actor for Gold also chose Romi Paaku for Silver, which I'd prefer and can sorta see. Haven't heard Hikaru Midorikawa though.

EDIT: I can't imagine Red, Green, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Wally, Emerald, Dia, Pearl, or Black with male voice actors. Good thing I'm not involved in some Special anime project.

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
For Yellow it wouldn't be too hard to get an ambiguous voice. Does she actually disguise her voice in the manga?
That's true, especially since she's young as well. And not as far as I know, but they would still have to find someone who would be believable as a boy. (and believable enough that people just assume she's a boy upon first listen)

I plan on doing a full seiyuu to PokeSpe character list among answering a few of the questions.
Awesome! I look forward to it!

While really bad animation throughout is rare, bad animation is common. xD I can see PokeSpe having all three (good, average, bad) like other anime that are super popular or due to low budget.
That's true. xD And I can too. I'd hope it'd be average and good for the most part though. ^-^

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Flynn Scifo from Tales of Vesperia and Mr. Just As Planned from Death Note. I'm pretty sure you're familiar with those two...

There's also Setsuna from Gundam 00, Ling Yao from FMA 2009, and Death the Kid from Soul Eater (the latter two sound awesome when they get serious).

In other news, I wouldn't mind Rica Matsumoto voicing Red as long as it isn't too similar to Satoshi's after the early parts. If I didn't mind a hint of Satoshi's voice coming out of Ryou Bakura, I probably wouldn't mind hearing a little bit of it coming out of Red.

Ack, I forgotten that Light, Death the Kid, and Setsuna were voiced by Mamo. Goes to show I don't know what I'm talking about. xD Sadly, I haven't heard Flynn that much to gauge how awesome Mamo makes him. Remembering Death the Kid, I think Mamo would also be good for Gold. Midorikawa for Silver? I have to hear it. I keep hearing Silver with a cute boyish voice...

Or Rica Mastumoto can do Red with her Ryou Bakura voice. xD I can't help but think of Ken Ichijouji and now Regene Regetta (thanks for that!) when I see Romi Paaku.

Seiyuu Alternatives List:

Red = Miyu Irino (Because... Red reminds me of Syaoran? Yeah, that sounds good.)

Green = Takahiro Sakurai or Takehito Koyasu (Because I love both; there's no other reason. xD)

Blue = Romi Paaku (Why? She did awesome Regene and it can work!) or Rei Sakuma (who does Shampoo and can Blue's personality) or Megumi Hayashibara. *shrugs*

Yellow= Asami Sanada or Ai Orikasa (Orikasa does male roles so she might be able to a genderless (femaleish) voice.)

Gold = Mamo (I can see Mamo really bringing Gold to life with Gold's personality working well with his voice. I keep seeing Gold as Tamaki...)

Silver = Kōki Uchiyama (Best known Roxas in KH and Neku from the TWEWY, but seem to do other rapeable young boys. The only one I can think for Silver that would make him sound like a guy, but not MANLY.)

Crystal = Rie Kugimiya (I've heard that she's tired of the tsundere roles, so I would love to see what she can do with a serious girl like Crystal.)

Ruby = Hiroshi Kamiya (Does Zetsubou-sensei and Natsume from Natsume Yuujinchou, so I think he would do a good job with Ruby's unstable characters.)

Sapphire = Fumiko Orikasa (Does some tomboyish girls such as Ruki from Digimon Tamers, Sherry from Gash Bell, and Elizabeth from KKM.)

Emerald = Yumiko Kobayshi or Masami Kikuchi (Kobayshi has a childish voice like Azuma from Yakitate!! Japan and Kikuchi does Kanchome and Tenchi).

I didn't do Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum because I don't know their characters well enough to get a sense of voice for them. And this was very educational... And I'll do the rest later, this killed me.

There's also Keiji Fujiwara, Tomokazu Seki, Marina Inoue, Shinichiro Miki, and Ryotaro Okiayu that are super awesomely wonderful options. But, we're forgetting one important character... Who will be done by God (aka Wakamoto)?! I say Saki/Sird.

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
EDIT: I can't imagine Red, Green, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Wally, Emerald, Dia, Pearl, or Black with male voice actors. Good thing I'm not involved in some Special anime project.
W-Wow. o_O So in other words you can't imagine any of the male leads with actual male voices? xD

It's kind of funny because I'm the opposite. I can imagine most of the male leads with male voice actors. :3

I didn't do Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum because I don't know their characters well enough to get a sense of voice for them. And this was very educational... And I'll do the rest later, this killed me.
I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed when I realized your awesome list didn't include Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black or White. xD It was still a great list otherwise though and I'll have to look up a few of these to see if I know them or not. I'm the world's worst about never remembering any seiyuus names, even if I have seen (or should I say heard?) their work before. Same with a lot of American voice actors as well. xDDDD

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I worried that this will cause her to become a tsundere role...... lol;243;

It would totally be worth it... to see a tsundere Crystal.

I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed when I realized your awesome list didn't include Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black or White. xD It was still a great list otherwise though and I'll have to look up a few of these to see if I know them or not. I'm the world's worst about never remembering any seiyuus names, even if I have seen (or should I say heard?) their work before. Same with a lot of American voice actors as well. xDDDD

Well, I could try... But, I don't know how well they would work since I only know a bit of the characters. But, why the heck not? I think I might of figured out one for Platinum.
I'm not that good either. xD I use ANN to help out and remember most of these names. While, I do know most of them, I sure didn't remember their names! xD

Platinum = Miyuki Sawashiro (She did Shinku from Rozen Maiden, so I think she could do the 'snobbish' personality along with the moments where Platina snobbish mask drops as Shinku acted similar.)

Pearl = Jun Fukuyama (Finally, I remember his name! Does a lot of Pearl-type characters, so I think he would do a good job.) or Hiroki Takahashi (Parco Folgore! That and he did Joey, so he would do a good Pearl too.)

Diamond = Hiromi Konno (Dia is really tough, since I can't think of anyone that has lazy character like his. Konno does a wonderful voice range, so two words: Lucky Star.) or Kouki Miyata (Does Murata Ken, so he might be able to pull off Diamond.)

Black = Junko Noda (V-mon. Yeah, I can see it working.) or Junko Takeuchi (She works for any hot-headed male character!) or Motoko Kumai (Tyson/Takao from Beyblade; I see Black a bit similar to Takao and she could make him work.)

White = Maaya Sakamoto or Ayumi Fujimura (Fujimura did Mafuyu from Seikon no Qwaser, who is similar to White in that they are main characters and have the ability to do things, but pretty much don't.)

N = Akira Ishida or Daisuke Ono (Both do serious type of characters that are usually strong beneath their cute faces. Perfect for N; that was easy.)

Looking at these seiyuus' list made me realize I need to watch a lot more anime... And there's still a bunch of seiyuu that are well-known that I haven't mention yet!

Last edited:

matt0044

It would totally be worth it... to see a tsundere Crystal.

Well, I could try... But, I don't know how well they would work since I only know a bit of the characters. But, why the heck not? I think I might of figured out one for Platinum.
I'm not that good either. xD I use ANN to help out and remember most of these names. While, I do know most of them, I sure didn't remember their names! xD

Platinum = Miyuki Sawashiro (She did Shinku from Rozen Maiden, so I think she could do the 'snobbish' personality along with the moments where Platina snobbish mask drops as Shinku acted similar.)

Pearl = Jun Fukuyama (Finally, I remember his name! Does a lot of Pearl-type characters, so I think he would do a good job.) or Hiroki Takahashi (Parco Folgore! That and he did Joey, so he would do a good Pearl too.)

Diamond = Hiromi Konno (Dia is really tough, since I can't think of anyone that has lazy character like his. Konno does a wonderful voice range, so two words: Lucky Star.) or Kouki Miyata (Does Murata Ken, so he might be able to pull off Diamond.)

Black = Junko Noda (V-mon. Yeah, I can see it working.) or Junko Takeuchi (She works for any hot-headed male character!) or Motoko Kumai (Tyson/Takao from Beyblade; I see Black a bit similar to Takao and she could make him work.)

White = Maaya Sakamoto or Ayumi Fujimura (Fujimura did Mafuyu from Seikon no Qwaser, who is similar to White in that they are main characters and have the ability to do things, but pretty much don't.)

N = Akira Ishida or Daisuke Ono (Both do serious type of characters that are usually strong beneath their cute faces. Perfect for N; that was easy.)

Looking at these seiyuus' list made me realize I need to watch a lot more anime... And there's still a bunch of seiyuu that are well-known that I haven't mention yet!

What about English VAs?

Blazing CobaltX

私はポケモンマスターよ!
Then I'd wake up at six AM just to watch the show. I'd do the same if they'ld air the Indigo Leauge again tho.

Anyways, I really want to see it, it has a better storyline than the anime now, somebody actually wins the leauge, and of course, Blue is in it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.