• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Kamex

W-Wow. o_O So in other words you can't imagine any of the male leads with female voices? xD

You mean "male voice actors", not "female voices", but... yeah... for the Japanese version.

Note that that doesn't mean that they'd all have high pitched voices. I imagine Ruby and Black with deeper voices done by women.

Here's my voice list:

Gold- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto in Naruto, Takuya in Digimon Frontier)
Ruby- Junko Minagawa (Ryoma in The Prince of Tennis)

I'm lazy. I'm done for now...

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
You mean "male voice actors", not "female voices", but... yeah... for the Japanese version.

Note that that doesn't mean that they'd all have high pitched voices. I imagine Ruby and Black with deeper voices done by women.
Oh my I can't believe I made such a silly typo! Thanks for correcting me though and I'm glad you knew what I meant. :] (I'll be sure to edit that later...) And I meant for the Japanese version too. xD You're probably right that at least quite a few of the guys would (most likely) have female voice actors though since it's very common for young male characters to be voiced by females in Japan. (and there are some that would be good) For some reason though I picture a lot of them with male seiyuus.

matt0044

What about the English Voice Actors?

Pikachu127

SPECIALSHIPPING FTW!
If the anime followed the story of Pokémon Adventures, it'd be SOOO much better.

-No more incompetent idiots as main characters.
-No more annoying female characters, but the badassery of the Adventures female characters instead (Krystaaaaal!)
-It would be both hilarious and interesting.
-The art style of the Adventures manga is really cool and I reckon it'd make for a great style for an anime too.

You don't know how much that made me laugh. PUAHAHAHAHAHAHA Well, I agree.

Rex Kamex

-The art style of the Adventures manga is really cool and I reckon it'd make for a great style for an anime too.

The art style changed between artists who've worked on this manga over this manga series.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
The art style changed between artists who've worked on this manga over this manga series.

I did noticed some changed between the way satoshi has drawn Ruby and Sapphire from the beginning of their arc till the end.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That's called art evolution

Also, it wouldn't matter. It's been done in anime based off of manga before.

Look at One Piece for example

matt0044

(Although my episodes list is at least partially how I'd think the episodes should be if there weren't any fillers that changed things.)

Could show us the rest? With the GSC chapter episodes.

Rex Kamex

That's called art evolution

Also, it wouldn't matter. It's been done in anime based off of manga before.

Look at One Piece for example

I'm not saying they can't make an anime series with a changing art style- I'm just saying that when saying Adventures's art style is so cool, well... there's more than one style really. But I was nitpicking anyway. (Meh, and now I'm backing off...)

matt0044 said:
Could show us the rest? With the GSC chapter episodes.

I've only done through the first nine volumes of Adventures, and of those I forgot where I posted the episodes for the last two volumes. I'll find the ones for those volumes and then do episodes for the next three, since I finished those books recently. So by the time all that is done I'll have twelve.

Meanwhile, though, you or anyone else can do their own, picking up from where I left off or starting over.

MissingNo1130

Making Things Silly
Too little too late. I don't think it would be wise to do a anime starting in the Kanto region again when in general the pokemon merchandise is already in the fifth region not to mention we may have a 3rd gen remake on the horizon. Plus, Adventures fits better as just a manga, the last chance it had to be a anime was in 04 when the R/S remakes were the rage.

Last edited:

matt0044

Too little too late. I don't think it would be wise to do a anime starting in the Kanto region again when in general the pokemon merchandise is already in the fifth region not to mention we may have a 3rd gen remake on the horizon. Plus, Adventures fits better as just a manga, the last chance it had to be a anime was in 04 when the R/S remakes were the rage.

And what if it was made into an Anime had the current one we all know not existed TO BEGIN WITH?

MissingNo1130

Making Things Silly
And what if it was made into an Anime had the current one we all know not existed TO BEGIN WITH?

Well then there wouldn't be a problem would there? Sadly, thats not the case and having two animes on the same product isnt very smart

matt0044

Well then there wouldn't be a problem would there? Sadly, thats not the case and having two animes on the same product isnt very smart

How so? It's a FRANCHISE! It should expand and have more than just one measily TV series. There are multiple Manga so why can't there be multiple Anime as well. There should be much more to Pokemon Anime than just Ash and Pikachu.

Also, this thread is a What If topic in which we discuss what could've been and what isn't. So please kindly contribute your own thoughts and ideas.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I've only done through the first nine volumes of Adventures, and of those I forgot where I posted the episodes for the last two volumes. I'll find the ones for those volumes and then do episodes for the next three, since I finished those books recently. So by the time all that is done I'll have twelve.

Did you check the previous [two?] PokeSpe/Adventures into an anime thread? I remember you had a fantastic list in that thread before it got abandoned.

Nostalgia. If Slayers can come back over 10 years later and have fans excited and happy, then Kantou can do that same when it has been in every gen except V so far. Creators can certainly use nostalgia to their advantage.

MissingNo1130

Making Things Silly
How so? It's a FRANCHISE! It should expand and have more than just one measily TV series. There are multiple Manga so why can't there be multiple Anime as well. There should be much more to Pokemon Anime than just Ash and Pikachu.

Also, this thread is a What If topic in which we discuss what could've been and what isn't. So please kindly contribute your own thoughts and ideas.

Thats the difference. There is different variety of manga. Reader have different taste. But with anime, I'm pretty sure the Pokemon company wants to throw Ash and friends down our throats, after all, they have and still attact 8-10 yr olds. So having a different anime wouldn't be wise as it'll confuse viewers.

If you thought I was rejecting the idea, you're wrong. It would be sweet to have a anime based on Adventures, but after over a decade I don't see it happening. Can there be movies based on each arc? Perhaps, in fact this is the best bet. But again this is a "What if" thread and I will leave it as that.

Last edited:

MissingNo1130

Making Things Silly
Did you check the previous [two?] PokeSpe/Adventures into an anime thread? I remember you had a fantastic list in that thread before it got abandoned.

Nostalgia. If Slayers can come back over 10 years later and have fans excited and happy, then Kantou can do that same when it has been in every gen except V so far. Creators can certainly use nostalgia to their advantage.

I'm pretty sure the nostalgia factor is kept with Ash and his 10 yr old self lol. But you're right they could use that to make the anime. But again, why put the energy into a 52 ep season when they could just put the time and effort in making specials for every arc if they decide to animate the manga.

matt0044

Thats the difference. There is different variety of manga. Reader have different taste. But with anime, I'm pretty sure the Pokemon company wants to throw Ash and friends down our throats, after all, they have and still attact 8-10 yr olds. So having a different anime wouldn't be wise as it'll confuse viewers.

I still don't get why another Anime would confuse viewers. Other Anime had more than one TV series and even OVAs. What would make Pokemon any different?

Also, viewers have different tastes to. Action/adventure, comedy, sci-fi, and more.

MissingNo1130

Making Things Silly
I still don't get why another Anime would confuse viewers. Other Anime had more than one TV series and even OVAs. What would make Pokemon any different?

Also, viewers have different tastes to. Action/adventure, comedy, sci-fi, and more.

I said that OVA would be most likely if they went that route, a anime series not so much.

Also, you say that viewers have different views. Ok. But if both anime coexist, would both of them be considered action/adventure? Basically, the reason Poke company doesn't have a interest in making a anime for the manga is because they really don't see the purpose.

noob21

3 sum!!!
The anime would change the show drasticly, first the manga turned into the show would be very dumb down and full of fillers and extra stories. I doubt that the pokemon creators would allow the manga stories to be turned into episodes exactly how the comic is. For example ; thiers an episode/chapter where articuno, zapdos, and moltres where combined to make some sort of evil, demi god, legandery bird that was created by team rocket. I think if this was turned into an episode it would be stupid and horrible, so some things in the manga isnt nessasery. I dont know who would voice the characters but I would only hope that they dont find some adult that tries to talk like a naive kid. Knowing pokemon they probably will.The animation will be the same as the series that is out now. The reality of the situation is that pokemon will always be set a childs standereds and the only way it would be is if it was set on cartoon networks adult swim. I personaly think that their should be 2 series running at the same time of pokemon that way thiers shows that adults and kids can enjoy and be appropriate for. One should be the manga and the other the child series.

Can I just throw in that Patrick Warburton voicing Silver would bring me many lulz?

Status
Not open for further replies.