• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

The anime would change the show drasticly, first the manga turned into the show would be very dumb down and full of fillers and extra stories. I doubt that the pokemon creators would allow the manga stories to be turned into episodes exactly how the comic is. For example ; thiers an episode/chapter where articuno, zapdos, and moltres where combined to make some sort of evil, demi god, legandery bird that was created by team rocket. I think if this was turned into an episode it would be stupid and horrible, so some things in the manga isnt nessasery. I dont know who would voice the characters but I would only hope that they dont find some adult that tries to talk like a naive kid. Knowing pokemon they probably will.The animation will be the same as the series that is out now. The reality of the situation is that pokemon will always be set a childs standereds and the only way it would be is if it was set on cartoon networks adult swim. I personaly think that their should be 2 series running at the same time of pokemon that way thiers shows that adults and kids can enjoy and be appropriate for. One should be the manga and the other the child series.

Well, we don't really know that. There are plenty of Manga that were adapted faithfully into Anime. Sure, they would censor some scenes even in Japan but they could be easily worked around.

Plus, Japanese Anime and Manga for kids tend to show material that wouldn't be appropriate for kids in America.

Rex Kamex

Johto chapters/episodes (up through volume 12) added to my original episode list:

[spoil]- Red - Green - Blue-
EPISODE 01: Chp 1 "VS Mew" and Chp 2 "VS Machoke"
EPISODE 02: Chp 3 "VS Kangaskhan"
EPISODE 03: Chp 4 "VS Pikachu" and Chp 5 "VS Onix"
EPISODE 04: Chp 6 "VS Gyarados" and Chp 7 "VS Rhydon"
EPISODE 05: Chp 8 "VS Starmie"
EPISODE 06: Chp 9 "VS Fearow"
EPISODE 07: Chp 10 "VS Voltorb" and Chp 11 "VS Electabuzz"
EPISODE 08: Chp 12 "VS Snorlax"
EPISODE 09: Chp 13 "VS Psyduck" and Chp 14 "VS Arbok"
EPISODE 10: Chp 15 "VS Wartortle"
EPISODE 11: Chp 16 "VS Tauros" and Chp 17 "VS Jynx"
EPISODE 12: Chp 18 "VS Ninetales"
EPISODE 13: Chp 19 "VS Eevee" and Chp 20 "VS Vileplume"
EPISODE 14: Chp 21 "VS Nidoking" and Chp 22 "VS Victreebel"
EPISODE 15: Chp 23 "VS Magmar"
EPISODE 16: Chp 24 "VS Dragonite" and Chp 25 "VS Articuno"
EPISODE 17: Chp 26 "VS Moltres"
EPISODE 18: Chp 27 "VS Kadabra"
EPISODE 19: Chp 28 "VS Mr. Mime" and Chp 29 "VS Golbat"
EPISODE 20: Chp 30 "VS Zapdos" and Chp 31 "VS Articuno"
EPISODE 21: Chp 32 "VS Kadabra" and Chp 33 "VS Legendary Birds"
EPISODE 22: Chp 34 and Chp 35 "VS Mewtwo parts 1&2"
EPISODE 23: Chp 36 "VS Dratini"
EPISODE 24: Chp 37 "VS Golem" and Chp 38 "VS Nidoqueen"
EPISODE 25: Chp 39 "VS Spearow"
EPISODE 26: Chp 40 "VS Charizard"

- Yellow -
EPISODE 27: Chp 41 "VS Ponyta" and Chp 42 "VS Dodrio"
EPISODE 28: Chp 43 "VS Seadra"
EPISODE 29: Chp 44 "VS Dewgong" and Chp 45 "VS Cloyster"
EPISODE 30: Chp 46 "VS Marowak" and Chp 47 "VS Persian"
EPISODE 31: Chp 48 "VS Paras" and Chp 49 "VS Gastly"
EPISODE 32: Chp 50 "VS Lapras" and Chp 51 "VS Magneton" and Chp 52 "VS Gengar"
EPISODE 33: Chp 53 "VS Caterpie" and Chp 54 "VS Pidgeotto"
EPISODE 34: Chp 55 "VS Primeape" Chp 56 "VS Slowpoke"
EPISODE 35: Chp 57 "VS Ekans" and Chp 58 "VS Tentacruel"
EPISODE 36: Chp 59 "VS Hitmonlee" and Chp 60 "VS Dragonair part 1"
EPISODE 37: Chp 61 and Chp 62 "VS Dragonair parts 2&3"
EPISODE 38: Chp 63 "VS Exeggutor" and Chp 64 "VS Arcanine"
EPISODE 39: Chp 65 "VS Machop" and Chp 66 "VS Poliwrath"
EPISODE 40: Chp 67 "VS Diglett" and Chp 68 "VS Jigglypuff"
EPISODE 41: Chp 69 "VS Horsea" and Chp 70 "VS Alakazam"
EPISODE 42: Chp 70 "VS Alakazam"* and Chp 71 "VS Muk" and Chp 72 "VS Weezing"
EPISODE 43: Chp 73 "VS Venomoth" and Chp 74 "VS Magikarp" and Chp 75 "VS Electrode"
EPISODE 44: Chp 76 "VS Chansey" and Chp 77 "VS Golduck"
EPISODE 45: Chp 77 "VS Golduck"** and Chp 78 "VS Venusaur"
EPISODE 46: Chp 79 and Cp 80 "VS Aerodactyl parts 1&2"
EPISODE 47: Chp 81 "VS Aerodactyl part 3" and Chp 82 "VS Raticate"
EPISODE 48: Chp 83 "VS Slowbro" and Chp 84 "VS Clefable"
EPISODE 49: Chp 85 "VS Shellder"
EPISODE 50: Chp 86 "VS Dragonite" and Chp 87 "VS Rhyhorn"
EPISODE 51: Chp 88 "VS Beedrill" and Chp 89 "VS Metapod"
EPISODE 52: Chp 90 "VS ??? [Lugia]"

- Gold - Silver - Crystal -
EPISODE 53: Chp 91 "VS Murkrow"
EPISODE 54: Chp 92 "VS Hoothoot" and Chp 93 "VS Sneasel"
EPISODE 55: Chp 94 "VS Elekid" and Chp 95 "VS Stantler"
EPISODE 56: Chp 96 "VS Donphan" and Chp 97 "VS Bellsprout" and Chp 98 "VS Totodile"
EPISODE 57: Chp 99 "VS Sunkern" and Chp 100 "VS Unkown Unown (whoops)"
EPISODE 58: Chp 101 "VS Teddiursa" and Chp 102 "VS Ursaring"
EPISODE 59: Chp 103 "VS Houndour" and Chp 104 "VS Ariados"
EPISODE 60: Chp 105 "VS Smeargle" and Chp 106 "VS Sudowoodo"
EPISODE 61: Chp 107 "VS Gligar" and Chp 108 "Quilava"
EPISODE 62: Chp 109 "VS Ampharos" and Chp 110 "VS Piloswine"
EPISODE 63: Chp 111 "VS Tyranitar" and Chp 112 "VS Red Gyarados"
EPISODE 64: Chp 113 and Chp 114 "VS Delibird parts 1&2"
EPISODE 65: Chp 115 "VS Forretress" and Chp 116 "VS Scizor"
EPISODE 66: Chp 117 "VS Slugma" and Chp 118 "VS Chikorita"
EPISODE 67: Chp 119 "VS Flaffy" and Chp 120 "VS Staryu"
EPISODE 68: Chp 121 "VS Corsola" and Chp 122 "VS Qwilfish"
EPISODE 69: Chp 123 "Dragonair" and Chp 124 "Skarmory" and Chp 125 "VS Misdreavus"
EPISODE 70: Chp 126 "Jumpluff" and Chp 127 "VS Miltank"
EPISODE 71: Chp 128 "VS Ditto" and Chp 129 "VS Girafarig"
EPISODE 72: Chp 130 & Chp 131 "VS Suicune (parts 1&2)"
EPISODE 73: Chp 132 "VS Suicune (part 3) and Chp 133 "VS Azumarill"
EPISODE 74: Chp 134 "VS Heracross" and Chp 135 "VS Larvitar"
EPISODE 75: Chp 136 "VS Crobat" and Chp 137 and Chp 138 "VS Raikou and Entei (parts 1&2)"
EPISODE 76: Chp 139 "VS Raichu" and Chp 140 "VS Dodrio"
EPISODE 77: Chp 141 "VS Lickitung" and Chp 142 "VS Remoraid"
EPISODE 78: Chp 143 "VS Cleffa and Igglybuff" and Chp 144 "VS Swinub"
EPISODE 79: Chp 145 "VS Sandslash" and Chp 146 "VS Lugia (part 1)"
EPISODE 80: Chp 147 and Chp 148 "VS Lugia (parts 2&3)" and Chp 149 "VS Kingdra"
EPISODE 81: Chp 150 "VS Chinchou" and Chp 151 "VS Lanturn"
EPISODE 82: Chp 152 "VS Butterfree" and Chp 153 "VS Ho-oh"
EPISODE 83: Chp 154 "VS Yanma"[/spoil]

Under the underlined episode is where Crys debuts...

Now where'd I find the episodes for volumes 8 and 9? I didn't- I started over. I couldn't find the episodes for those volumes. I checked two "Adventures anime" threads besides this one. I also checked the talkback threads for all the Johto volumes... except 8 since that one I didn't see at all. Bleh... so I started over. I'm sure I did pretty much the same as before. And now I have 10~12...

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
^ Oooh, your list is always interesting, Rex Kamex. But, maybe the Suicune parts could be an hour special since its the hyped up lengendary unlike the others? I have to check the Lugia parts, but I think it could work as a good cliffhanger kind of arc, but wouldn't it take the whole 30 minutes for episode 80?

Rex Kamex

^ Oooh, your list is always interesting, Rex Kamex.

Thank you. =)

But, maybe the Suicune parts could be an hour special since its the hyped up lengendary unlike the others?

Do you mean the parts where the gym leaders face Suicune or when Crys and Eusine do?

I have to check the Lugia parts, but I think it could work as a good cliffhanger kind of arc, but wouldn't it take the whole 30 minutes for episode 80?

All the episodes are 30 minutes (well, with a commercial break halfway and one at the end of the episoide), but... what specific parts of the Lugia thing did you have in mind for the cliffhanger? As of now, 79 ends with Crys realizing that Gold and Silver are Pokedex holders, so it's pretty much around the time that all three of them first come together. (Although actually I thought that chapter ended with the three starters evolving into their final forms. Although that was a mistake I made from skimming back over those chapters.) The end of 80 is after the Lugia confrontation, where Silver meets up with Lance.

Yeaaaaaah 79 and 80 aren't the best cliffhangers. In general, especially in the G/S/C arc, I've been wondering whether to end the episodes with the storylines of certain people or have episodes with multiple sets of people.

I could end 80 somewhere within the middle of the Lugia confrontation, but I wasn't sure exactly where to go from there- have that storyline end at the end of 81 and have minutes filler? (Not that filler's automatically a bad thing.) Or have it end in, like, the middle of 81 and have some of the part with Suicune and Misty?

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Do you mean the parts where the gym leaders face Suicune or when Crys and Eusine do?

Chp 130-132 which would be Crys fighting Suicune. The way it ends can set up a good way to end such arc if they end with the Team Rocket scene or when Crys' pokeball misses. Though, relooking at the chapters, maybe the Lugia arc would be a better hour long episode instead considering how more epic it would be...

All the episodes are 30 minutes (well, with a commercial break halfway and one at the end of the episoide), but... what specific parts of the Lugia thing did you have in mind for the cliffhanger? As of now, 79 ends with Crys realizing that Gold and Silver are Pokedex holders, so it's pretty much around the time that all three of them first come together. (Although actually I thought that chapter ended with the three starters evolving into their final forms. Although that was a mistake I made from skimming back over those chapters.) The end of 80 is after the Lugia confrontation, where Silver meets up with Lance.

Yeaaaaaah 79 and 80 aren't the best cliffhangers. In general, especially in the G/S/C arc, I've been wondering whether to end the episodes with the storylines of certain people or have episodes with multiple sets of people.

I could end 80 somewhere within the middle of the Lugia confrontation, but I wasn't sure exactly where to go from there- have that storyline end at the end of 81 and have minutes filler? (Not that filler's automatically a bad thing.) Or have it end in, like, the middle of 81 and have some of the part with Suicune and Misty?

I would have to agree. The chapters themselves really don't translate well to cliffhangers... But, I was thinking that if they cut the part where they find out the pokeball is empty, the capture could be the cliffhanger. A not so good one, but the suspense could make it work. The episode would probably need some minutes of filler, but as you said, it can be good filler. Maybe some kind of filler where Silver, Crys, and Gold are show bonding more or something.

Oh, the part of Suicune and Kasumi would be a good idea! What about in the next episode when they find out the pokeball is empty, the episode could finish off with the Suicune and Kasumi getting together. Ep 82 could have the scenes with the Dex Holders splitting up and it's like the chapters' order from there.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
A Japanese fan group happened to make a very kickass opening for Special along with a few other bits of animation.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oddly similar to what I usually imagine what a Pokemon Adventures opening would look like if used with the anime's openings.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A Japanese fan group happened to make a very kickass opening for Special along with a few other bits of animation.

I liked it. It didn't have the most fantastic animation in the world, but it was something that I could've definitely seen as an Opening theme for a Pokemon Special anime series. In fact, I almost wish that they had done an anime adaptation for Pokemon Special rather than the anime series we got instead. I do like the current anime, but I'm sure a Pokemon Special anime would've been ten times more exciting.

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
If Pokemon special was made into an Anime:

1. It Will be a lot more Action
2. Wi Would be able to see some main character that actually do (Win) something not called orange league or Batller frontier
3. We Would be able to see a better character than ash (Red)
4. We could see some liver or dead battles
5.We could see some epic battles like mewtwo vs deoxys.

Skydra

It (the anime) would be better.

Unless they changed it to make it more like the TV show, which would happen if the rating was still Y7.

matt0044

It (the anime) would be better.

Unless they changed it to make it more like the TV show, which would happen if the rating was still Y7.

Well, the Manga is for kids be it in Japan or the US and some Manga don't get faithful adaptation to TV shows so that's anybody's guess as to how the show would be handled.

Flamle

Every Weekend....
I'm almost positive that they'd find a way to ruin that. However, I'm positive that it will be superior to the current Anime. Its storyline is so much more interesting and hooking.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions

Gaaaah. Why do you have to tease us?

It was pretty good. Having one of THE best Pokemon songs being used certainly helped. It only makes me want more from this fan group; I'm interested in seeing how well they can improve. It needs more Professor Ookido.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Gaaaah. Why do you have to tease us?
That's what I was made for. 8D

It was pretty good. Having one of THE best Pokemon songs being used certainly helped.
It also helps that it was an opening theme during the time when the anime's bizarre writing actually reminded me of Special and other Pokemon manga at times, but without the ongoing plot. Kind of like a cross between the gag manga and Special.

There's also the fact that this fan opening contained ideas that would have been cool in the ACTUAL anime's opening. Satoshi and Shigeru facing off against each other during the closing parts of the opening (like Red and Green did in the fan OP) would have been epic.

I'm now imagining the G/S arc with the anime's "OK!" opening and a HGSS arc opening with "Saikou Everyday".

It only makes me want more from this fan group; I'm interested in seeing how well they can improve. It needs more Professor Ookido.
Yeah. It was weird hearing the professor say "Sorya sou ja!" in the song without actually seeing him. I was half-expecting them to slip him in during that part, but well, it's a fan opening, and the whole thing actually fits better than I expected.

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
That's what I was made for. 8D

Harrumph. It seems it doesn't stop at the opening. Finding these is completely your fault. xD The Japanese fan group seems to be doing the whole first episode and possibly more!

There's also the fact that this fan opening contained ideas that would have been cool in the ACTUAL anime's opening. Satoshi and Shigeru facing off against each other during the closing parts of the opening (like Red and Green did in the fan OP) would have been epic.

I'm now imagining the G/S arc with the anime's "OK!" opening and a HGSS arc opening with "Saikou Everyday".

Like showing the Gym Leaders? xD That would of been cool to see in the original since the anime's gym leaders were cool as well, especially Sakaki (who totally should of had a shadowy apperance in the anime's opening).

I would of love to see Satoshi and Shigeru have an epic looking face off. Or something from the Kantou and Johto Tournments. It's sad that Shigeru gets such small cameos and no epic ones in the openings. "Ready Go!"'s opening was so close, it could have shown Satoshi battling Shigeru to tease us with.

"OK!" would be so misleading with it's cheerful tone and song. xD Gah, you got me imagining it now! I just imagined Gold, Crystal, and Silver running together and Ho-ou and Lugia fighting the 3 birds above them. I wish the Japanese fan group would do an opening for the GSC arc with "OK!" (or "Ready Go!", both are awesome). Aww, no high-pitched singing "Aratanaru Chikai" for the HGSS arc?

Yeah. It was weird hearing the professor say "Sorya sou ja!" in the song without actually seeing him. I was half-expecting them to slip him in during that part, but well, it's a fan opening, and the whole thing actually fits better than I expected.

I was expecting the same or for him to appear somewhere. I was sad when he and his masked self didn't. If his masked self appeared somewhere (or they showed him facing Blue along with the Green and Red face-off) it would of made the fan opening even more awesome. Yeah, openings have to be one of the hardest part of the job, but they did a wonderful job regardless.

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I wish the Japanese fan group would do an opening for the GSC arc
I wish they would do an opening for EVERY arc. xD The Red/Blue/Green one was awesome and I would love to see one for every arc, and at this rate I wouldn't even care what song they used for it. xD (I would hope it would fit though >:3)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, if I do an opening guide...

Well...let's go.

Left is the Japanese titles (since I can't really imagine what TCPi would come up with) Right is the corresponding round

Opening: Mezase Pokemon Master

1 - (Vs Mew! Red's Journey begins!) A Glimpse of the Glow
2 - (Vs Fushigidane! Rival Green Appears!) Bulbasaur, Come Home!/ The Secret of Kangaskhan
3 - (Vs Pikachu! Troublemaker of Nibi City!) Wanted: Pikachu!
4 - (Vs Iwark! Nibi Gym Battle!) Onix is On!
5 - (Vs Gyarados! Trouble at Mt. Otsukimi!?) Gyarados Splashes In!/ Raging Rhydon!
6 - (Vs Starmie! Hanada Gym Battle!) Suddenly Starmie
7 - (Vs Onidrill! A Human turned Pokemon!?) ...But Fearow Itself!
8 - (Vs Biriridama! Battle Aboard the S.S. St. Anne!) Danger: High Voltorb/Buzz, of Electabuzz!
9 - (Vs Kabigon! Miracle Cycle Racing!) Wake Up--You’re Snorlax!
10 - (Vs Zombie!? Terrifying Pokemon Tower!) Sigh for Psyduck/ That Awful Arbok!
11 - (Vs Kameil! Mysterious Beauty Blue!) Wartortle Wars
12 - (Vs Rougela! Red Vs Blue Vs Rocket Gang!) Tauros the Tyrant/ The Jynx Jinx
13 - (Vs Kyukon! Pokemon Switch Chaos!) A Tale of Ninetales
14 - (Vs Eivui! Mysterious Pokemon Appears!) Blame It on Eevee
15 - (Vs Rafflesia! Battle at Tamamushi!) Meanwhile... Vileplume!
16 - (Vs Nidoking! Lost In the Safari Zone!) Long Live the Nidoking!
17 - (Vs Utsubot! Safari Zone Escape Mission!) A Hollow Victreebel
18 - (Vs Dugtrio! Trouble in the Digda Cave!) Filler/ Make Way for Magmar
19 - (Vs Kairyu! Attack at the Twin Islands!) What a Dragonite / You Know... Articuno!
20 - (Vs Freezer! Rocket Gang and Fossil Revival!) Holy Moltres (Ends at Aero's revival)
21 - (Vs Fire! Air Battle! Let's go Ptera!) Holy Moltres/ Kalling Kadabra
22 - (Vs Barrierd! Yamabushi Invasion!) A Piece of Mime
23 - (Vs Golbat! Shocking and Poisonous Trouble!) Go for the Golbat
24 - (Vs Thunder and Freezer! Red and Green Team Up!) Zap! Zap! Zapdos!/ The Art of Articuno
25 - (Vs Yungerer! Blue Vs Natsume!) A Little Kadabra'll Do It
26 - (Vs Three Legendary Birds! Go For It, Red, Green, and Blue!) The Winged Legends
27 - (Vs Mewtwo (Part 1)! Mysterious Monster at Hanada) And Mewtwo Too?!
28 - (Vs Mewtwo (Part 2)! Defeat the Powerful Monster!) And Mewtwo... Three!
29 - (Vs Nyoromo! Nyoro and Red's First Meeting?) Filler
30 - (Vs Miniryu! Pokemon Outbreak!) Drat That Dratini!
31 - (Vs Golonya! That Terrifying Man, Sakaki!) Golly, Golem!
32 - (Vs Nidoqueen! Tokiwa Gym Battle!) Long Live the Nidoqueen?!
33 - (Vs Nyarth! Stolen Badge Investigation Case!) Filler
34 - (Vs Onisuzume! Mysterious Dr. O!?) Just a Spearow Carrier / A Charizard... and a Champion (Ends when they send out their Pokemon)
35 - (Vs Lizardon! Rival Battle! Red Vs Green!) A Charizard... and a Champion

More Later...

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
I will say one thing. If Special was made into an anime, it would wipe the floor with the current anime. Special just has SO much more depth than the anime, both plot-wise and character-wise.

Also, for some reason I want to see the voice actor that did Kari from the English Digimon play the voice of Yellow. I have no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.