• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if Pokemon were real? V2

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Well, the old one died, got bumped and was closed, so I think we need a new one.

If Pokemon were real, then I would be an expert, having played the games. But would pokeballs be invented with Pokemon, or years after?

So discuss what you think here!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think PokeBalls would probably be invented afterwards, since we wouldn't just be like "OKAY POKEMON HERE ARE POKEBALLS TOO AWESOME"

If it were real, I'd probaly take the way of Ash, except I'd actually be good.

elite ralf

if pokemon were real, our would would have been in chaos by now. lol

but if pokemon were really real, I'd like to catch one as soon as I see one wandering in the hood. ^^

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Maybe, if they were real, we wouldn't use pokeballs? Since they could be domesticated... And being trapped in a tiny capusle probably goes against animal rights.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
But they wouldn't be animals, and as far as we know. PokeBalls are very humane, they're even a way for a Pokemon to recover, kind of.. These are things we must think of.

elite ralf

pokeballs are the only ways to domesticate pokemons. along with the capture styler. lol. but if you have Ash's thing with pikachu, I think you won't be thinking of any right violations too. like Ash. ^^

If Pokemon were real, Beedrills won't be fun... as well as their queen, Vespiquen...

Also, Pokemon without Poke Balls is like Mario without Mushrooms.
They are not called "Pocket Monsters" for nothing.
But I don't want real Pokemons... too intimidating.

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
kentucky fried blaziken for lunch. lol. but there would either be more of the legendaries, or there will be new species of pokes in diff countries. lol. drug trafficing with a rayquaza.

iPikachu

Lifeless
If pokemon was real... it would be disastrous...but cool :p

The first pokemon I'd catch would be... PIKACHU ;025; :))))))))))))))))))))

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
If pokemon were real, then there's a massive number of variables to think about. Based on the dynamics of the games you would also have to think about the municipal structures that our world would now have. PokeCenters, Marts, Gyms. Plus the majority of the cities would be generally small to provide space for pokemon. And there's always the effort of poaching. Crime would be rather strange in the pokemon world. Since cops no longer fight, they just have their pokemon fight. The same with criminals. Teams would try to conquer the world for a misguided belief. And all the fate if possible would be fallen in the hands of a 10 year old child(jk).

And think about the legendaries too, if they were ever angered, our world would be in chaos. Which is pretty much why pokemon don't exist.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
There would be problems like bad guys capturing Garchomps and too much fighting and destruction. How would you like it if everytime you walked, you see a thunderbolt, or a hyperbeam every second?

Jaguar297

I'm back!
If pokemon were real, then my starter would be Charmander, then I would catch a chickorita then a squirtle then I would find a claw fossil then i would catch a dratini then finally i would catch a shinks?

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
It's Shinx, not Shinks.

Yeah, I would like to live in the games, but not for the games to spill out into our world. By the way, could Pokemon be kept as pets?

Grande Ball

*scratches head*
Real Pokemon---
-more Life insurance
-more friends
-more danger

I mean, you pass by a field of roses, and you see a giant butterfly pollinating. You'd be 'wth? dat butterfly is teh big!' But then that Butterfree puts you in a coma with Confusion. It would be disaster.