• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if scenario: Ash loses the Alola league?

how would it change the timeline if Ash loses the alola league? would Journeys be back to XY Animation style, Would Gloria be introduced with allister being Gym leader following Ash Ketchum? how about Ash still following PWC but with Characters from Galar? would it still allow for Fillers?

This is A Alternate History of Pokemon Anime topic after all. your thoughts?

Red and Blue

Either they would of done a standard SwSh series exclusively in Galar or they would of still done Journeys anyway Imho. Its not like winning a league was a requirement for the PWC

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think they would've still gone ahead and given us Pocket Monsters 2019 even if Satoshi had lost. I still maintain that him winning the Alola League was rather pointless since his current goal isn't directly affected by his previous League performances, regardless.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Either they would of done a standard SwSh series exclusively in Galar or they would of still done Journeys anyway Imho. Its not like winning a league was a requirement for the PWC

True that it's not a requirement, but Ash winning did allow them to change the formula up with him.

Cause he probably would've gone on another boring badge quest if he hadn't won.

RafaSceptile

I think they would've still gone ahead and given us Pocket Monsters 2019 even if Satoshi had lost. I still maintain that him winning the Alola League was rather pointless since his current goal isn't directly affected by his previous League performances, regardless.
This was used more like a "Well, now what's next" as a way to change from his partial goal to win a Pokémon League to something new, not because Winning a Pokémon League wasn't directly related to travelling around the world.

As for the question, probably Ash would continue trying to win a Pokémon League in the SS series, with the rest of the elements into Journeys being similar, except maybe Goh trying to catch just all the Galar Pokémon because the Galar League is...well, in Galar.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This reminded me of a major criticism I have from JN where they didnt acknowledge Ashs champion status despite the alola and iris episodes being perfect opportunities to do so
As for Ashs alola league win not mattering, I disagree. The fact Ash won a league imo is the proper justification for the writers to switch to a new expansive goal

SatoSereFan224888

Ash should have won the Kalos League then retire just afterwards to marry Serena and become a tutor for young trainers. He was the only trainer worthy of winning the Alola League but Gladion could have won it as well. However the competition in Alola was the weakest by far in any league.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Fans who did not like Alola Ash would somehow feel vindicated about how this Ash was somehow the weakest of all regions. We probably would get into tons of power scaling arguments because that’s sort of our forte.

Ash should have won the Kalos League then retire just afterwards to marry Serena and become a tutor for young trainers. He was the only trainer worthy of winning the Alola League but Gladion could have won it as well. However the competition in Alola was the weakest by far in any league.
Ah yes, the omnipresent fantasy of Ash retiring. He didn’t retire after winning a league in Alola. I doubt he would have retired if he won Kalos, but this thread isn’t about the Kalos League.

SatoSereFan224888

Ah yes, the omnipresent fantasy of Ash retiring. He didn’t retire after winning a league in Alola. I doubt he would have retired if he won Kalos, but this thread isn’t about the Kalos League.
But honestly it's time for Ash to be replaced as the main character. I feel he is the reason why ratings have tanked.

U.N. Owen

But honestly it's time for Ash to be replaced as the main character. I feel he is the reason why ratings have tanked.
Bold claims with absolutely no citations present.

this thread is not about Kalos league but instead, This what if scenario is about Ash losing Alola League and changing back to old formula with Gloria being introduced to Ash and his Pikachu while Allister would've been introduced in one episode and travels with him to help Gloria win Galar badge quest.
But again, is it weird for Ash not to win alola league?

U.N. Owen

this thread is not about Kalos league but instead, This what if scenario is about Ash losing Alola League and changing back to old formula with Gloria being introduced to Ash and his Pikachu while Allister would've been introduced in one episode and travels with him to help Gloria win Galar badge quest.
I honestly don’t think we would bring back the old formula. I still think we would have gotten Journeys anyways. After all, Ash lost Kalos and we still got a series which deviated from the formula. I still can’t see why Journeys wouldn’t happen. It’s not like Journeys actively had boatloads of participants hunt Ash down to get him to battle them or anything.

I honestly don’t think we would bring back the old formula. I still think we would have gotten Journeys anyways. After all, Ash lost Kalos and we still got a series which deviated from the formula. I still can’t see why Journeys wouldn’t happen. It’s not like Journeys actively had boatloads of participants hunt Ash down to get him to battle them or anything.
Sure. Journeys could still happen with Ash lose alola region or not.

SatoSereFan224888

Well for Galar, I wanted Ash to become a tutor. He can mentor Gloria & Victor for their gym battles regardless if he won or lost the Alola League.

deliaketchum

If writers had decided to make ash loose again then he would have returned to pallet town. There prof oak or other character would have told him about new region. He would get new pokedex and meet 2 more (girl and boy) people to travel with collecting gyms. Just like always. No mystery.

Don't honestly think it would change much as JN seems to be treating Ash's win in that tournament/" Champion Status " as irrelevant which is both hilarious and revealing. Could maybe change in the future so don't quote me on it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This reminded me of a major criticism I have from JN where they didnt acknowledge Ashs champion status despite the alola and iris episodes being perfect opportunities to do so

i'm am wondering what's going to happen when it is mentioned, because I have a bad feeling of what might happen when it is, especially when one considers the whole Minor/Major stuff the current games like to throw around.
As for Ashs alola league win not mattering, I disagree. The fact Ash won a league imo is the proper justification for the writers to switch to a new expansive goal
Agreed

Honestly think the sinnoh league would've been a better time, I know he made it further in the kalos league, but that league was rushed as heck and to be honest even some of the alola fights are better than his 2 kalos league full battles, which were more about the hype that didn't deliver.

not even gonna bring up unova since i know how people feel about that one.

Fans who did not like Alola Ash would somehow feel vindicated about how this Ash was somehow the weakest of all regions. We probably would get into tons of power scaling arguments because that’s sort of our forte.

To this day we have people still discussing the status of the alola league, minor or major all leagues have to start somewhere, so like it or not Ash is Alola's first champion.

If he manages to beat Leon, the writers might not have a choice but to send him off, because how do you go beyond being the world's strongest trainer, even then he's already beaten 1 champion in Iris, and more could in his way to Leon, so either he beats Leon or retries the PWC until he gets to him, either way I can't see Ash going back to hunt for badges if he's taking champion level trainers on.

He still acquired Z-crystals like badges, and did fight all 4 kahuna's like in the games, so while it might have been more lax in execution he was still trinket hunting. Given what he's doing now it's hard to see them send him back to doing that.

Well for Galar, I wanted Ash to become a tutor. He can mentor Gloria & Victor for their gym battles regardless if he won or lost the Alola League.

This is something I kind of want to see if they were going to let ash go, do it slowly be having him be this for the gen 9 protag who focuses on gym battles while either continues the PWC, or if he beats Leon defends his title, after that all I can see is reboot or time skip.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t think anything would have changed other than losing the League. There’d be no massive shift in the progression of the narrative as a whole and it isn’t like Ash is being revered by League fans who are constantly asking him for autographs. Ash would need to leave Alola anyway and his journey would continue as usual. Most people outside of Alola and maybe Kanto and Johto wouldn’t recognize Ash as a Champion at first glance nor would any one them really care. Yes it’s impressive that Ash had won a League but it was for a region much smaller than the more popular ones such as Johto.

Applecorp

Probably nothing would've changed but Ash winning Alola's league makes some people feel better about his PWT battles in the current saga because it gives them the belief that he's doing bigger and better things even if what he's doing feels alot like gym battles without badges to me.