• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if scenario: Ash loses the Alola league?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Pokemonfan5

We won't get PWC in current series instead Ash will challenge Galar gym leaders to participate in Galar league, Ash becoming champion is the main reason writers are now letting him challenge world championship to go even further from regional champion to become world champion as writers can't make him challenge gyms again which won't grow his character.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Don't honestly think it would change much as JN seems to be treating Ash's win in that tournament/" Champion Status " as irrelevant which is both hilarious and revealing. Could maybe change in the future so don't quote me on it.
Tbh I do believe the reason they made JN as is was due to Ash winning a league (or the other way around, that Ash was made to win for JN to be as is). Though yeah, Ash's win not being acknowledged at all is straight up odd

Tbh I do believe the reason they made JN as is was due to Ash winning a league (or the other way around, that Ash was made to win for JN to be as is). Though yeah, Ash's win not being acknowledged at all is straight up odd
They haven't given any implication that they may be the reason even if it does make sense which is why the non-mention of the tournament is weird if that was one of the reasons behind it.

Pokemonfan5

They haven't given any implication that they may be the reason even if it does make sense which is why the non-mention of the tournament is weird if that was one of the reasons behind it.
There is no other option writers had with Ash's character after making him regional champion, in order for Ash's story to progress from SM Ash had to become world champion in JN, if he go back to gym challenge and become champion of another region than it would be no different than Hoenn league where Ash end up top 8 like Johto league, if he somehow lose than it would be big downgrade like Unova league as he did worst than Sinnoh league.

Last edited:
There is no other option writers had with Ash's character after making him regional champion, in order for Ash's story to progress from SM Ash had to become world champion in JN, if he go back to gym challenge and become champion of another region than it would be no different than Hoenn league where Ash end up top 8 like Johto league, if he somehow lose than it would be big downgrade like Unova league as he did worst than Sinnoh league.
Again, that's the implied logic that the fans have, but they haven't mentioned anything about the the Alola win leading to the PWC(which is already as hollow and fanfic-tier as is), hence why it loses a lot of weight and actual substance. However, it is why I said " don't quote me on it " since in the future it could change although the Iris appearance was a golden opportunity.

Pokemonfan5

What else writers can do than when there is no other option? why they make Ash challenge world championship only after becoming regional champion? Why not after johto league when he was top 8 or Sinnoh when he was top 4? Because there is no other thing beside PWC which is beyond regional championship while Ash being runner up in Kalos league was clear progress from being Top 4 in Sinnoh league.

Again what else is beyond regional championship if not PWC?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I doubt ash winning the alola league was the reason they went for the PWC. It‘s probably just another attempt of not going back to the formula after SM. If anything they probably came up with the concept for goh first, then the world tour, and so s world tournament so ash has something to do.

If they really wanted i could actually see them going back to gyms for galar considering how they specifically made the galar league to be tougher than the rest of the previous leagues even in the games. Ash will be gunning for leon all the same. Not to mention ash‘s ‘champion’ status hasn’t been brought up even once so far, so who knows how much narrative weight it actually has.

Pokemonfan5

I doubt ash winning the alola league was the reason they went for the PWC. It‘s probably just another attempt of not going back to the formula after SM. If anything they probably came up with the concept for goh first, then the world tour, and so s world tournament so ash has something to do.

If they really wanted i could actually see them going back to gyms for galar considering how they specifically made the galar league to be tougher than the rest of the previous leagues even in the games. Ash will be gunning for leon all the same. Not to mention ash‘s ‘champion’ status hasn’t been brought up even once so far, so who knows how much narrative weight it actually has.
I'm asking a simple question which nobody answering, what's beyond regional championship that writers can do with Ash? They made Leon the world champion for Ash's next step not regional champion, some champions are stronger than others so it's nothing new like Iris compared to Cynthia, the growth will be toooo small like getting top 8 in Hoenn league with completely new team.

Ash being the regional champion didn't brought up YET but that doesn't mean it doesn't effect the story of JN, episode 2 already acknowledge Ash being champion with showing Alola trophy and mask royal figure, Ash was able to beat another Champion this early in series was because he is also a regional champion.

In all past series Ash can't even hold a candle against champions this early like Torracat against Kukui's Incineroar in SM63 or against E4 flint and Drake but now he beat Champion because he is one of them.

We can say Ash beating Battle frontier had zero impact on story and Ash's growth until it was mentioned in Brandon's return in DP, Ash champion title reveal is inevitable.

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I'm asking a simple question which nobody answering, what's beyond regional championship that writers can do with Ash? They made Leon the world champion for Ash's next step not regional champion, some champions are stronger than others so it's nothing new like Iris compared to Cynthia, the growth will be toooo small like getting top 8 in Hoenn league with completely new team.

Ash being the regional champion didn't brought up YET but that doesn't mean it doesn't effect the story of JN, episode 2 already acknowledge Ash being champion with showing Alola trophy and mask royal figure, Ash was able to beat another Champion this early in series was because he is also a regional champion.

In all past series Ash can't even hold a candle against champions this early like Torracat against Kukui's Incineroar in SM63 or against E4 flint and Drake but now he beat Champion because he is one of them.
Beating the ‘unbeatable champion’. Like i said it’s just going to be ash gunning for leon either way.

Look for all this talk of ‘Regional Champion’, there hasn’t been anything in the show itself that acknowledges that ash has such a tittle. The fact it has never been brought up by brings up the question if such a tittle even exist, since it’s just something fans assume he would have. Yes he won a league much like how tobias or alain did, but does that come with a ‘regional champion’ title is still unclear based on what the show has shown.

Pokemonfan5

Beating the ‘unbeatable champion’. Like i said it’s just going to be ash gunning for leon either way.

Look for all this talk of ‘Regional Champion’, there hasn’t been anything in the show itself that acknowledges that ash has such a tittle. The fact it has never been brought up by brings up the question if such a tittle even exist, since it’s just something fans assume he would have. Yes he won a league much like how tobias or alain did, but does that come with a ‘regional champion’ title is still unclear based on what the show has shown.
So Ash being constantly called Alola league Champion in SM exactly like how Steven was called Hoenn league champion or Alder called Unova league Champion isn't proof? That's literally fact not an opinion, if Ash isn't Alola region champion than who? And why Ash was called exactly same as Steven and Alder? Are those 2 league winners for having same title as Ash?

Ash even beat an in game Champion at the end of Alola league arc, the most powerful trainer in Alola along with the most powerful Pokemon of Alola (Tapu Koko)+ the most powerful z move in Alola.

Is Ash beating Battle frontier only confirmed when he mentioned that to Paul and Reggie in DP?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If people want to pretend ash winning the Alola league isnt the reason we have PWC a overarching goal now, they are free to do that
But I think it's pretty obvious from a writers standpoint that ash actually winning a league is what allowed them to break the status quo further and create a goal as big as PWC
If ash didn't win the league, we would be back to gym quest. Also the Alola league is equally important for the writers as past leagues despite your personal opinions
As for why it hasn't been mentioned yet it's coz they are frustrating when it comes to continuity AND because the Alola league achievements isn't an entry point for Ash into the PWC
They specifically state a trainers prior history doesn't matter when they enter the PWC and it's a clean slate, allowing them to continue Ash's journey after he finally won a league after all these years and give him more progression. I mean, thinking that the Alola league win didn't matter for the writers to go and change the status quo further is pretty naive

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash is an Alola League Champion, but definitely not the Alola Champion, as weird as it sounds. The region (in the anime) doesn't even bother to make an Elite Four! (If Masters is to be believed, the Champion - outside the player - would have been ironically Kahili, whom the anime doesn't bother to give her a rank as an Elite Four.)

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash is an Alola League Champion, but definitely not the Alola Champion, as weird as it sounds. The region (in the anime) doesn't even bother to make an Elite Four!
He is alolas champion, stop already. He's explicitly referred to as champion when no other league winner has been referred to as champion in the past in Japanese. Alola works differently and it's also the first league, so it won't be the same as other regions but that still doesn't change the fact that Ash is Alolas champion in virtue of being it's strongest trainer and winning the league