• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if Team Rocket collected badges in Galar ?

Lionel_B

I know, this idea may seem ridiculous... What if it was not?

Indeed, Team Rocket wanted to participate in the league Alola and they did well, why stop there?

My feeling about Team Rocket in Sun & Moon is that they wanted to be a better fighter because they captured strong Pokémon at Alola. And it will be remembered that this desire to be better trainer was started after the defeat of Ash in Kalos League, since they had been impressed by the match.

And I can even give you another reason for Team Rocket to participate in the Galar League ! In the first episode where Jessie participates in a Pokémon contest (as a reminder, this is the same episode where Ash decides to teach Pikachu Iron Tail attack, it does not rejuvenate us), Jessie wanted to become famous for having a fanclub and recruit new members for Team Rocket. And since gym matches will become events where people will be able to attend as a fan like any sport in our world, we can apply this goal here.

And you never know, Meowth might have a Gigantamax form ;).

I know, this idea may seem ridiculous... What if it was not?

Indeed, Team Rocket wanted to participate in the league Alola and they did well, why stop there?

My feeling about Team Rocket in Sun & Moon is that they wanted to be a better fighter because they captured strong Pokémon at Alola. And it will be remembered that this desire to be better trainer was started after the defeat of Ash in Kalos League, since they had been impressed by the match.

And I can even give you another reason for Team Rocket to participate in the Galar League ! In the first episode where Jessie participates in a Pokémon contest (as a reminder, this is the same episode where Ash decides to teach Pikachu Iron Tail attack, it does not rejuvenate us), Jessie wanted to become famous for having a fanclub and recruit new members for Team Rocket. And since gym matches will become events where people will be able to attend as a fan like any sport in our world, we can apply this goal here.

And you never know, Meowth might have a Gigantamax form ;).

If they do challenge the Galar League who will be there sponser and will both of them battles or only one of them like Jessie will?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Funny you mentioned that lol. Who here remembers how badges in the older games could boost a Pokemon's strength?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Funny you mentioned that lol. Who here remembers how badges in the older games could boost a Pokemon's strength?
Wait, was that actually a mechanic or did they just say they did?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wait, was that actually a mechanic or did they just say they did?
Literally a mechanic in Gens 1 & 2 if I recall. Certain badges were 10% boosts to stats.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
It was fun in Alola because of the novelty, but if you turn TR into rivals that limits their comic relief opportunities.

I'd like to see them succeed more often, though. So maybe challenging one Gym and winning a badge would be cool, like the Dark-type one.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It was fun in Alola because of the novelty, but if you turn TR into rivals that limits their comic relief opportunities.

I'd like to see them succeed more often, though. So maybe challenging one Gym and winning a badge would be cool, like the Dark-type one.
They did the Dark type trial in Alola, so I think doing a Poison Gym in Galar would be appropriate.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Only if they let James have the starring role for a freaking change

Jangobadass

Surprise!
No thanks. I'm not sure how much time we'll have for Ash to challenge the Galar gyms with all the world traveling going on, so I can't see the TRIo having time to do it. (Heck, I'm a little concerned there might not even BE a Badge Quest)

The flip side, they could have Ash challenge the Galar gyms while Go takes on the gyms everywhere else.

Either way, there won't be time to have the TRio take a Badge Quest.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That would imply they're being competent rather than stroking their egos.

As an example, they got lucky that Kukui let anyone like the neighbor's dog enter his league without requirements, and also that they pretty much fought each other right away to masquerade the fact they suck in a serious battle (Mimykyu hardly listens to Jessie to be competent on his own so Jessie isn't good, and James got bodied by Gladion).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
In theory it wouldn't sound like a terrible idea if Team Rocket were competent trainers. But unlike Contests in which Jessie could participate while Dawn or May still took most of the screentime, I feel like Gym Battles require at least one full episode to be completed without feeling rushed. That means TR would need to spend one precious episode doing just that. Imagine waiting a week for an episode and having it present one of Team Rocket's members battling a gym leader. Cool concept, but I don't see it being well executed. :rolleyes:

DatsRight

The main issue with SM is that it didn't really go anywhere. They got a Z Move and then never used it. They got Mimikyu and Mareanie and then sent in Meowth to battle most of the time. Even the times they had an efficient plan, Bewear would ruin it or the twerps would get a DEM boost to bring them back down to square one. I actually don't remember many times the twerps had to defeat TR but put in some palpable effort or even just take a few hits back, they were nearly always a cakewalk or just really unlucky this series. Despite the efforts to grind they still usually lost pitifully, which is saying something given half the twerps weren't even battle competent throughout the whole series. The league made perfectly clear Mallow and Lillie weren't obliterating TR because they were experienced, TR were just THAT crap.

You have to remember that the reason BW let TR be competent battlers was because they intended it to be their swan song and to let them go out with a bang. Even then it seemed to compromise their run of official battles, which decayed in quality instead. Otherwise TR tend to be the filler battles, the very easy ones that the more lacking twerps get to at least say SOMEONE is weaker than them. Even SM's presence of a second worse TR and general lax in battles overall didn't change their direction in this, they don't put effort into Team Rocket battles unless it's absolutely plot vital now, in which sense it seems trying to have them grind would be pointless since they still wouldn't let them be effective antagonists.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I don’t ant team rocket to collect badges but they would either need to catch more Pokémon or use older Pokémon to help.Either one I think we would all enjoy

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If they collected badges in Galar then they wouldn't be stalking Ash (which would be a good thing as it would reduce the annoyingly amount of appearances that they get).

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Team Rocket would actually be important in this series.Also do you think James will get Cacnea back when they go to sinnoh?