1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What if the actual Pokemon cries were used?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Green Blockhead, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I always imagined something: what if instead of having Pokemon say their names, they actually have the cries used in the games? There would be slight alterations so it sounds authentic, but how would the series look if it was like that?

2. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

Well, they'd sound more animalistic and badass... and less ridiculous... I'd love that actually.

3. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

Pretty sure some of the legendaries do these days. Dialga and Palkia are examples, but I'm not sure who else..

Also, if you search for the Black/White 2 game preview, you'll see how unusual it really is, since Serperior, Stoutland, Seviper and such did all use their game cries.

4. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

Out of place? I think the Pokémon voices (and the trailer in general, really) are better than the regular animé.

5. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

It would be awful, that Black 2 White 2 animated trailer, was WAY too creepy, it didn't sound right.

Look the dub might be horrible with the whole bad Pokémon voices, but the original is really good for the most part with voices.
    -----

At least the big Pokémon have screeches and stuff.

But yeah no, I'd probably hate it. It would sound awful.

Especially since Meowth only learned how to speak human because of his Pokémon anime voice.

6. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

It would be chaos for my ears, especially on some cries like Gothitelle and Chandelure.

7. tomboyTrainer305

tomboyTrainer305 Diabeetus

I wouldn't mind but I'm too used to the Pokemon saying their names.XP

R-R-RANK UP!

8. DMerle

DMerle Guess who's back

I think I'd rather hear the anime cries in games than vice-versa

9. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Eck, I wouldn't like that at all. I already think that the "name cries" are silly enough as it is; I would revile encountering a Pikachu in-game that promptly shouted "PII-PIKA-PII!" at me.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Well, some Pokémon in the anime don't chant their names over and over again. They're rather animalistic at times, but I wouldn't say it was taken directly from the games. But really, if you want to hear Pokémon have cries close to the games, or as rather realistic as possible, the Stadium games and the like are the way to go. In which case, if they had those actual cries in the anime, it'd be pretty neat to hear, but it wouldn't be "cute" enough. The Japanese gotta have their cute things, and what better way than to have Pikachus hop up and down chirping, "Pika pika pikachu!"?

11. Nanami

Nanami Banned

It would take a lot of getting used too

12. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

As a fan of the Snivy line, I really wouldn't mind if they replaced Servine's cry. It's very obnoxious sounding after a while.
    Regice's cry, too.

13. P-body

P-body Aperture TestSubject

I could say the same thing, but in my opinion, the anime would seem cooler with the actual Pokémon cries.

14. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

Well, they'd definitely sound robotic. I mean, Pikachu's game voice from the games... yeah. xD

15. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

Pikachu (at least Ash's) and any Pokémon that talked e.g. Meowth, Mewtwo, Keldeo etc. would be exceptions.

16. d4rk_tailed

d4rk_tailed Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

What did you think of using Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow then? Because it sat around going pika all the time anyway!

I quite like the idea of game cries in the animé, but then thats because I dont think animals should talk..........

Mind though, everyones right, the original Japanese episodes work well

17. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

We're talking about animals, that have near sentient level as humans.

I'm pretty sure their allowed to "talk," grunts and screeches don't work with Pokémon, at least in the realistic sense as opposed to the game sense.

The only reason why they grunt and screech in the games, is due to technical limitations.

18. d4rk_tailed

d4rk_tailed Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

I didnt quite understand the 2nd paragraph you wrote?

But to the first one, same sentient level? Real world animals, particularly chimps, dogs and certain others are as smart compared to humans as Pokemon are portrayed to be right? If animals cant say their names, I dont think Pokemon should either :) Sorry.

19. Arceusgamer14

Arceusgamer14 Well-Known Member

it would be cool but I think should stick with the name cry.

20. Quils

Quils Strange Creature

If they are sentient creatures then why don't they just talk instead of saying their names?

Personally I think the game cries sound more natural (at least the newer ones... they should update the older ones to make them sound more realistic).
    A Pokémon just repeating its name over and over doesn't make any sense to me... and I think it's annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.