• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if the Games were more like the Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasarto

You know to where even a Magikarp could potentially beat the snot out of a pokemon?

Is there even a way to make a rehaul on pokemon to make it like the manga/anime? To where Tiers do not really exist and how train your pokemon, its level and specific strategy that cannot exist in the current games is what determines your pokemons power?

What if the games were more like the anime? Would it be a good thing or a bad thing? Do we have to wait until we have the capability to mind link to games like in .hack//sign or sword art? or like the star trek holodeck?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It'd be a bad thing IMO. Both have their own plots and stuff that is unique, I think it wouldn't work well if the games were made more like the anime.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I can see one good thing, that would be the League, aldo it could be weird if you lost and could do it again lol.
The soft reset of your pokes lvl to the gym's poke it would be a challenge. ( Assuming pokes in the anime are all on the same lvl'ish )

Mau-Kun

Without a doubt a game where the player plays as Ash would be very well received, I would like it too, of course it can't be made in various versions as the existant games, or they will be as repetitive and monotonous as que anime.

Missingno
It wouldn't be possible until we could link minds with our consoles, due to the anime's focus on determination and willpower. And it would be interesting to be able to pull off combination moves (Flame Wheel and Flamethrower, or perhaps a counter-shield). Perhaps it would be possible to become a Gym Leader, or become a member of the Elite Four, or become Champion and actually take challenges. However, there would also be a huge problem. One: the Champion League will be much harder than it is now, and discourage younger kids. Two: Anime logic would annoy the competitive battling community to death and back again. Three: you would need companions. But these companions would have to somehow be able to be companions for players of all ages.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Honestly, I don't see it happening anytime soon, since the main pokemon series have an emphasis on projecting yourself into the world to become the world's greatest trainer.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Well lots of side quests ,minigames ,lots of things to do until you reach the next gym.
It would be fun.
While for those who just want to go on with the story...

They could go like Skyrim where you can either go on with the main story or take your time to do something else.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I could actually be possible to make stats act like they (theoretically) do in the anime- make stat gain an S-curve, where every Pokemon has about the same stat ceiling/point of diminishing returns. Evolved Pokemon will hit that ceiling faster, but non-evolved critters can still reach it. By level 100 every Pokemon would have hit that ceiling.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
if it were like Final Fantasy and Skyrim it would be sweet

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
We'll if it was like the anime, it would take a lot longer to get to new places, an Pokemon would be a lot rarer. I find a slightly more anime driven game would be the ranger series.

The game aspects would definitely be different, but it might be a fun game.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
This gen, I did the ultimate sequence break by skipping the carts and heading straight to Pokémon Showdown. That's where the real endbosses are.

You can have your Skyrim sidequests if you really want them, but please don't mess up the Smogon metagames with things like direct brain interfaces or willpower competitions.

MattySadler

I'd like having the potential to find ANY Pokemon in the wild. Obviously some would be a lot rarer than others, but being able to find, for example, starter Pokemon roaming in the wild, would be great.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
Well, I don't know...it seems hard to imagine.
The closest I can think of to the anime style battles is something like a modern DBZ fighting game where you control a character (in this case a Pokémon) and fight with it in a field or whatever but that's really going to change the style of Pokémon games and A LOT of people wouldn't like it (not all Pokémon fans are 'in' to the anime),
so probably they should do it as a spin-off game of some sort.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'd be fine with it. The games need more sidequests and I wish that was a thing plus the leagues could be people you streetpass with

fitzy909

Just another guy
It should be the other way around. The anime should be more like the games, in my opinion.

the only thing i want the games to copy from the anime is the pokemon league tournament where your in a actual tournament and have to win in order to challenge the elite 4

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
To me, the Pokémon anime and the games are separate worlds. However, there are some things in the anime that I think would be interesting in the games. A good example of one is Pokémon moving around. Currently, Pokémon just stand there doing nothing until an order is given. If they move around like they do in the anime, I think it certainly be more dynamic and interesting to watch. The reverse is also true for me, I would like to see the anime follow the games a bit more as well. Like sticking with type immunities, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.