• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if... The U.S. gets invaded by someone??

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
The only way I can see that the U.S. could be invaded is if an enemy managed to strike a deal with Mexico and/or Canada, maybe arm them with more soldiers/weapons, and they launch a suprise attack.

Please tell me if that sounded illogical/stupid.

Actually, if they weren't very close allies, they would probably do that in exchange for the spoils of the invasion.

It almost happened in World War 1 with the Zimmerman Note/Telegram. Fortunately, Mexico declined the German invitation because Mexico was dealing with a civil war, and they couldn't have staged an attack on us.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Fortunately, most of us have played MW2 and are fully prepared for an invasion.

Really there is a reason that the US has never been invaded: We have 2 oceans protecting us. An invading army would be detected long before they ever even got near our shores. Sure countries like russia and china have pretty large armies that could put up a fight against us, but the home field advantage would mean an easy victory for us.
Heck, we would still stand a pretty high chance of winning even IF our army was weakened somehow.

lol I knew that your going to use MW2 as a example (if the Cold War didn't end). Someday US will be invaded, but not anytime soon. We might get nuked on (N.Korea for sure). Sure, US has some of the best armies. Like what you said, lets not forgot countries like China and Russia have a large army even though US is in good terms with them.

treespyro

Vintage much?
If America gets invaded which is not going to happen for a long time, I would say they have an advantage over most countries as well as calling allies but the only countries that can defeat them are India, China, Russia and at the rate they are going we can include Brazil.

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

If America gets invaded which is not going to happen for a long time, I would say they have an advantage over most countries as well as calling allies but the only countries that can defeat them are India, China, Russia and at the rate they are going we can include Brazil.

No.

See, the thing is, is that any nation that has ocean to cross to invade the USA would not be able to invade well enough to do anything. The USA's naval forces outnumber that of every other country combined, and is a good deal more updated than most of it. Combined with our satellites and such, we can basically see any attack coming from anywhere in the ocean and crush it. Even if some forces managed to invade, they wouldn't be able to keep up their supply lines. Beyond that, we have pretty much the most advanced army in the world. If it's not the most numerous, so what? Good technology with lower numbers can more than make up for crappy tech with massive numbers. On North America, there's no one currently powerful enough to challenge the USA, and you can't really march up an army from South America very well at all. Similarly, you can't invade Alaska very well from Asia, because of the harsh conditions, and again the ocean crossing.

The nations you mentioned are in no shape to invade the USA.

treespyro

Vintage much?
No.

See, the thing is, is that any nation that has ocean to cross to invade the USA would not be able to invade well enough to do anything. The USA's naval forces outnumber that of every other country combined, and is a good deal more updated than most of it. Combined with our satellites and such, we can basically see any attack coming from anywhere in the ocean and crush it. Even if some forces managed to invade, they wouldn't be able to keep up their supply lines. Beyond that, we have pretty much the most advanced army in the world. If it's not the most numerous, so what? Good technology with lower numbers can more than make up for crappy tech with massive numbers. On North America, there's no one currently powerful enough to challenge the USA, and you can't really march up an army from South America very well at all. Similarly, you can't invade Alaska very well from Asia, because of the harsh conditions, and again the ocean crossing.

The nations you mentioned are in no shape to invade the USA.

However you can state the same thing with Australia then due to the location in comparison to most countries. Don't assume that America is super strong because every country can be invaded it just how and when no matter how strong the country is.

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

However you can state the same thing with Australia then due to the location in comparison to most countries. Don't assume that America is super strong because every country can be invaded it just how and when no matter how strong the country is.

No, you can't, because Australia doesn't have the world's largest and most powerful navy. It's not the same situation. The USA *could* be invaded, maybe, but it certainly wouldn't last because the Navy would mean that no supply lines can be kept and that whatever surviving forces actually reach the land are going to be destroyed. It's utterly pointless to invade the USA because you'd be demolished probably before you ever got there and certainly after that.

NovaAce45

noob at forums
Good technology with lower numbers can more than make up for crappy tech with massive numbers.

I agree with you just look what happened to the Native Americans when we use the gattling cannon against them during western expansion. If anyone were to even try to envade the U.S. they would need far superior weapondary ,and this is a lesson from history, they would need to divide our unity as a nation just like the africans were divided into tribes during colonial times and even divided as separate ethinic groups today.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Here is the only way to invade the U.S: Strike up a deal with Canada or Mexico (Canada preferred) and put some extra troops and weps in with them. They're both close so easy supply line and they could probably cover up the real reason for the extra troops and weps. But that's not likely to happen.

shadowkiller

DARKSIDE-welcome
If anyone tried to invade the U.S i think we'd all hear about it-all of us that are still alive anyway...

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

Here is the only way to invade the U.S: Strike up a deal with Canada or Mexico (Canada preferred) and put some extra troops and weps in with them. They're both close so easy supply line and they could probably cover up the real reason for the extra troops and weps. But that's not likely to happen.
You'd have to get them a lot of troops and weapons for there to be any chance in heck. How to smuggle those in without the USA realizing, not to mention that even it that was pulled off, I don't think you can suddenly come up with an explanation for, say, Mexico inexplicably gaining several million army members who seem rather foreign along with better technology and tons of weapons. Also, maybe this is just me, but I think that if Canada was mobilizing an army to invade the USA we might actually see that coming. Mobilization takes time, and against basically the only real superpower of the world, taking suprise out of the equation, it's quite more of a longshot.