• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if we got a Pokemon JRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Ok yes sure Pokemon is a JRPG, of sorts.

But what I'm talking about is a Pokemon game that is like classic final fantasy, tales of, dragon quest, etc games.

You don't truely capture Pokemon.

Your main character has one, and by the end of the game he/she may get more via story or possible side missions. You also meet other trainers who join your party and they each bring with them and gain there own Pokemon via the games story and side quests.

In theory no new Pokemon would be introduced (although for promotion sake I could see them having one two.)

The battles would be classic stand and stair but each trainer would only have one (maybe two) of their Pokemon out.

The game would be very story focused and you would go on some kind of grand adventure and battle wild Pokemon and trainers, and bosses (both Pokemon and trainers).

I think it it be fun and give the franchise a chance to possibly be more serious, maybe mature, and tell stories that the main series game can't do to the structure of "catching them all".

Thoughts?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Had an idea just like this one, an adaptation of Pokemon Adventures in more of an action JRPG like Kingdom Hearts. However instead of characters joining together as part of a party all the time, they are mostly seperate, exploring the Kanto region from separate paths with a pre-select team of Pokemon based on the Pokemon Adventures manga. I feel like Poliwrath would be a cool tech demo, where we see Red climb up on Poliwrath's back as he's running like a boxer (think Little Mac from Smash Bros.) where he's in a canyon near the Rock Tunnel, reaches out his hand to grab upon a ledge and pulls himself up into the air, jumps into the sea and it crosses from land travel to sea travel where Poliwrath swims underwater in a similar matter of that of Link from Skyward Sword.

Orphalesion

The one issue I personally would have with this would be that there'd be no choice in which Pokemon you could get in the story. That would bother me a lot. Especially since a game like that would be likely to only/mostly feature the most popular Pokemon,w itht he vast majority of others being left in the dust.
I'd rather see the main series become a bit more classic JRPG like, making the story more in-dept, serious, flesh out the characters more etc. etc. etc. And yeah I'd even like to see Final Fantasy-style team battles as you describe.

Had an idea just like this one, an adaptation of Pokemon Adventures in more of an action JRPG like Kingdom Hearts. However instead of characters joining together as part of a party all the time, they are mostly seperate, exploring the Kanto region from separate paths with a pre-select team of Pokemon based on the Pokemon Adventures manga. I feel like Poliwrath would be a cool tech demo, where we see Red climb up on Poliwrath's back as he's running like a boxer (think Little Mac from Smash Bros.) where he's in a canyon near the Rock Tunnel, reaches out his hand to grab upon a ledge and pulls himself up into the air, jumps into the sea and it crosses from land travel to sea travel where Poliwrath swims underwater in a similar matter of that of Link from Skyward Sword.

Please no. Sorry But I really don't like action-RPGs and I also really don't like the idea of pre-determined teams.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The one issue I personally would have with this would be that there'd be no choice in which Pokemon you could get in the story. That would bother me a lot. Especially since a game like that would be likely to only/mostly feature the most popular Pokemon,w itht he vast majority of others being left in the dust.
I'd rather see the main series become a bit more classic JRPG like, making the story more in-dept, serious, flesh out the characters more etc. etc. etc. And yeah I'd even like to see Final Fantasy-style team battles as you describe.

Please no. Sorry But I really don't like action-RPGs and I also really don't like the idea of pre-determined teams.
I think it's a worthwhile sacrifice to invest in some Kingdom Hearts/Platinum Games-quality action and functions in a pre-determined team with a much tighter smaller focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.