• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if you had to quit pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
A law to ban a video game... I think I'd be more sad that politicians would have the time and motivation to contraband a franchise. Entrepreneurship is a foundation of Capitalism, and both Japan and the U.S. recognize the right to it.

As for hypothetically how I feel, my first semester in a 4 year college (back in early 2005) I secretly hid my GBA SP from my roommate along with my copies of Ruby and Sapphire fearing that he'd chastise me. Later that semester he picked up Emerald and played it in the living room for weeks in front of all of our hot suite-mates.

At any rate, I missed the game, but didn't get back to it until the release of Platinum. So I've gone some time without playing Pokemon, but it's a hard habit to break.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I won't put up a fuss. I can quit any time I want!

... Damned Republicans.

...So, is the secret facility where they're all stored, like, unlocked?

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
I would build a machine to transcend the laws of physics so that I could wait a negative amount of time. This would result in me becoming younger, and thus, create a parallel universe where Pokémon play would still be allowed.

*turns off Back to the Future*

Seedotdude

HAIL SEEDOT!
I wouldn't mind, since I haven't played the main series games for a while. I have a whole lot of other things to occupy me for the rest of my life.
"Honey, where'd you put the key to the super secret base?"

Mankanshoku Mako

I'd kill myself. Not because I'm addicted to pokemon that much, but because a law like that actually getting passed would cause me to live a life of paranoia and fear about what the worlds government would do next.

*rank up*

DragonFanBoy

I would try to make whoever created the rule see how stupid the law is. If that doesn't work, I'd just play the games illegally.

That would be rather depressing.
I'm sure I would just focus more on other video games I already play.
It would still suck though. :/ Considering if this WERE to be a real law, I would have had to stop playing last year. D:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If I had to quit Pokemon? Well, the only real difference would be that I wouldn't be here on Serebii. That's why a lot of us come here, so without Pokemon to bring us together, I don't think anyone would be here (since the site would be taken down). I wouldn't have a place to rant about the anime, a place to talk about the games, nor a place to Ship the various characters. It seems a little sad, but I'm sure I'd get over it pretty quickly. There's always tons of other anime that make a lot more sense than the Pokemon anime; I could always watch those to pass the time. And there are other games out there too, plus characters that can be Shipped. Too much good stuff :p

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
This forum scares me sometimes. Like seriously.

You people are quite a bit of crazy.
If it scares you now you should see my post on it. It's few pages back.

lucario is best

shiny seeker
i would cry and lockmyself away

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Id happily make a petition to prevent such a law from happening!

But then again if another pokemon these japanese release are racist or damaging to your health in any way then id have to stop there with a sad face =(

i would cry and lockmyself away

[IMG300]http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/4242/original/scenewolf.jpg?1287959972[/img300]

hahahahaha

but on topic yeah i wouldn't really care i'd just play something else

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
Play pokemon secretly, duh, i'm not quitting just cuz of some law, die hard poke fan here lol xP
That would suck if there really was a law like that..... those meanies >:C

Last edited:

lucario is best

shiny seeker
Play in secret

Status
Not open for further replies.