• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbodor.

I was day dreaming and I came up with a great Idea. What if in the very last pokemon region, the Pokemon champion whom is the greatest trainer in the world is Ash's dad? What will be awesome is that if he has Pikachu too and his Pikachu is Ash's Pikachu's father as well.

It would just be great in My opinion, father-son battle in the end and his father would say "I've been waiting for this day since the day I left you that pikachu" or something like that.

Tell me what you think.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Looks more like something for anime discussion, so....moved to PAD

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I think one of the writers said once that Ash's father would only be introduced if he became a relevant factor in Ash's journey and growth, so the idea of his father being the final opponent he faces is not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Not impossible, but it's really cliche.

Maybe he'd be a deadbeat like in Shudo's notes.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think one of the writers said once that Ash's father would only be introduced if he became a relevant factor in Ash's journey and growth, so the idea of his father being the final opponent he faces is not entirely outside the realm of possibility.
He might not fight his final opponent for like over 100 years.

Garbodor.

This is excellent. Maybe it's even possible to see his father in episodes not necessary near the end of Pokemon. As much as I hate thinking about Pokemon ending, this seems like a good way to end.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
would laugh if Sycamore was his dad

LizardonX

Banned
Came in expecting something fresh and original.

Was dissapointed.

Ash's dad being a hero/master/oak/giovani is so overdone.

Last edited:

Garbodor.

Well it may be possible Ash's mum did say his dad was a Pokemon trainer in the second episode but after that nothing is ever said again. If it was to happen they would at least to start mentioning him and maybe actually make a big deal out of him being a trainer.

I see, thanks alot for that. I did not remember that! I suppose it is possible then.
Came in expecting something fresh and original.

Was dissapointed.

Ash's dad being a hero/master/oak/giovani is so overdone.

Then you should learn never to get your hopes too high especially when the threads title only states "what if". It's not like I made a promise I came up with something totally new.
Though if you like a original Idea then hows this: Ash's pikhachu is really his father turned into a Pokemon. Sounds very stupid but most self claimed original ideas are.
Just out of interest, how many times before did you hear the exact same story as I stated about Ash's dad being best trainer.

Ash's dad can either be a Hero,bad guy,Great trainer. What else could he be?

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
The Anime has never even mentioned Ash father except for the second episode.

There is no build up to who he is. The show has never hinted at anything.

It'd be cool to see if they gave it some build up, but they have not show the slightest hint in heading in that direction.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Maybe he'd be a deadbeat like in Shudo's notes.

I always liked what Shudo had in mind over the fandom's super cliched "supreme Pokemon Master!" theories.

There's a lot more potential for some cool character development if he met his father like that, instead of the typical "oh boy, I want to become the best juuuuust like my daddy." Of course, with the way the anime is nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

fudgematron

The Fudgemeister
I was day dreaming and I came up with a great Idea. What if in the very last pokemon region, the Pokemon champion whom is the greatest trainer in the world is Ash's dad? What will be awesome is that if he has Pikachu too and his Pikachu is Ash's Pikachu's father as well.

It would just be great in My opinion, father-son battle in the end and his father would say "I've been waiting for this day since the day I left you that pikachu" or something like that.

Tell me what you think.

That would be the coolest thing in the history of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.