• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is a topic Pokemon should explore more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this belongs here or even if it is Serebii legal but here goes.

What is a topic Pokemon should explore more?

For example: My idea is the exploration of prehistoric Pokemon, they need more fossil Pokemon and a game could be based around it, there is heaps to explore.

This isn't a 5th Gen discussion board, just so you know. (But I do love to talk about the 5th gen, don't get me wrong.)

Your thoughts?

Kim62

Hello
Why do we need a game revolving around Pokemon fossils?
If you want a game like that just play fossil fighters.

pandafoxygirl

What's fossil fighters?
Aniway, a game from Pokémon what goes about the fossil Pokémon or more fossil Pokémon seems great since there are only a few.
I would like if there were more Pokémon with an Eevee ability of evolving in different types or more Eevee evolutions, sure, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and Glaceon are cool but I'd wish there were some more already.

Fataal

Lone Archetype
Having a game with more fossils seems pointless towards the ancient pokemon world, though maybe they could let you go underground and find living prehistoric pokemon (cliche).

P.S. You might want to move this idea to Pokemon Game Ideas V2.0 in the other games section.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
They need to explore Ash's gender issues, that kid's messed up o_0

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
..Ash easily is a male...nothing else to explore for me

AncientMew

Training since 1998
^^^
He does crossdress rather a lot

Nebbio

NINJA!
Brock. Why he want's to get it on with all the girls.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
Annnnnyways back to the topic!

I'd like more fossil pokemon, sure. Maybe an ice one? *Begs*
However, surely not a game pased upon fossil digging and ancient pokes. Too many rock types.

Kim62

Hello
What's fossil fighters?

It's a game where you dig up fossils, revive them and then battle the animals you have revived against each other.

Any ways, I don't think there should be a Pokemon game focused on fossil Pokemon. There are hundreds of Pokemon and to have a game revolve just around the extinct ones would be frustration not mention have nothing to do with the main theme of Pokemon it's self.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
I don't believe any new "topics," as such, need to be added. There should be more in-jokes and allusions to the real world, however.

The only in-joke I've been able to find is at the beginning of R/S/E, where you watch TV and it's like "Two men are dancing on a giant piano keyboard. ... ... ... (100 dot dot dots) Better get going" That, according to Wikipedia, is a reference to the FAO Schawrz keyboard in the movie Big.

I've started a fan-game that has many of these connections and in-jokes.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I think they should explore space more, like more about the origins of deoxys and possibly the clefairy line being aliens.

For the fossil idea, I don't mean going underground for 20 hours digging and things like that. I just meant that there should be a few more fossils pokemon added to the pokedex but the main plot of the story should be based around the origins (bad word to use - origins) and past of the pokemon. Like going into a huge rainforest/amazon type area that contains valuable and rare pokemon, and things like that. To simulate a prehistoric world, or just go back in time. It'd be wicked to be in Pokemon past and see wild Shieldon, Aerodactyl, Yangema and Tangrowth (the last two seem kind of like prehistoric Pokemon to me).

The space idea is good too, finding out things like Deoxys but to be honest I couldn't care less about Clefairy. I really don't like cutsey Pokemon.

honetly_ok

Shoegazer
The implications of living in a world in which greed makes life a commodity to be effectively bought and sold for money, the ecological catastrophe unleashed by humankind and our reluctance to take anything but the smallest actions to prevent further damage to Earth's delicate ecosystems, and the plight faced by citizens of third world countries held in poverty by trade structures created to milk them for the benefit of the West.....Pikachu, I choose you!

Firebrand

Indomitable
I think they need to do more with environments in general. We have desert, ocean, forest and just general plains. We touched on volcano and under the sea in 3rd gen and we need more of that. I think we need a whole pokemon game set in an archipelago, like the sevii islands, but bigger. and each island is different and it would be SO COOL!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The implications of living in a world in which greed makes life a commodity to be effectively bought and sold for money, the ecological catastrophe unleashed by humankind and our reluctance to take anything but the smallest actions to prevent further damage to Earth's delicate ecosystems, and the plight faced by citizens of third world countries held in poverty by trade structures created to milk them for the benefit of the West.....Pikachu, I choose you!

I understand where the first two points come from, but where the hell did you get the rest?

Kim62

Hello
So you're saying it's exactly the same as spectrobes?

I haven't played Spectrobes, but I hear Fossil Fighters is like Pokemon and Spectrobes put together.

I don't believe any new "topics," as such, need to be added. There should be more in-jokes and allusions to the real world, however.

What are you talking about? There are lots of real world jokes, they're just hidden very well.

Profesco

gone gently
There's a "game ideas" thread in the Other Pokemon Games section, as well as "Create Your Own..." thread in Pokepolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.