• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is Ash's Weakest Pokemon?

AJ97

We always see multiple threads focusing on what Ash's strongest Pokemon is or whether his Greninja is stronger than Lucario or Pikachu is his strongest pokemon etc. While some even argue Ash's Sceptile, Infernape and Charizard are even stronger.

So looking at it from another perspective; what would you say is Ash's weakest Pokemon?

Now sure. You could pick pokemon such as Butterfree which Ash released very early, or the Raticate he had for a while.

However, for the sake of discussion, we need to assume the Pokemon is currently accesible.

Which one would you pick and why?

Greninja because it lost to a Blast Burn when it shouldn’t.
In all seriousness Butterfree. And then Oshawott. And also Noivern and Jobdra

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Tododile for being the most pathetic
Palpitoad atleast put in work against Stephan, Oshawott did have many Ws despite the countless Ls later. No mon comes close to being the weakest compared to these

I honestly can't see anyone being weaker than Tododile

AJ97

Palpitoad atleast put in work against Stephan, Oshawott did have many Ws despite the countless Ls later. No mon comes close to being the weakest compared to these

True. Totodile's best feat is beating Harrison's Sneasel and even that was a Pokemon he recently captured.

Lucariost

Scraggy or Totodile. Scraggy is a baby that never reached its full potential.

Totodile has the least impressive win rate of all the starters. Even Oshawott has more wins in BW.

Lucariost

I'd also wager Muk, maybe? It was only ever used in two battles, beating a Bellsprout in the Indigo league. And it was used in Gary's match in the johto league but lost to his Scizor.

I think Muk only ever had 1 win? It was also never used again after Johto.

AJ97

I'd also wager Muk, maybe? It was only ever used in two battles, beating a Bellsprout in the Indigo league. And it was used in Gary's match in the johto league but lost to his Scizor.

I think Muk only ever had 1 win? It was also never used again after Johto.
Good Point.
Totodile's win against one of Harrison's Pokemon is probably better than Muk's feats.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
If we go off of feats:
Butterfree. Zero wins.
Pidgeot. Also zero wins.
Lapras. Got one draw against Drake's Gengar and that's it.

If we are talking about mons he still has, then Totodile or Oshawott.

Edit: Scraggy. Was not something Ash should have caught imo.

AJ97

If we go off of feats:
Butterfree. Zero wins.
Pidgeot. Also zero wins.
Lapras. Got one draw against Drake's Gengar and that's it.

If we are talking about mons he still has, then Totodile or Oshawott.

Edit: Scraggy. Was not something Ash should have caught imo.
Not considering Pokemon Ash has released to keep it fair.

While Totodile seemed like a good choice, @Lucariost brought up Muk which also fits well.
Totodile has a win against One of Harrison's Pokemon and Muk ended up with 0 wins against Gary. And I'd say Harrison is ~ Gary in strength.

Lucariost

I think the problem is some pokemon battle a hell of a lot more than others, so some pokemon only have a handful of eps to judge them by.

For example, something like Ash's Corphish caught in the 20 something episode of Hoenn, has more on-screen battles than more than half of Ash's other pokemon.

MetaMantis

Not considering Pokemon Ash has released to keep it fair.

While Totodile seemed like a good choice, @Lucariost brought up Muk which also fits well.
Totodile has a win against One of Harrison's Pokemon and Muk ended up with 0 wins against Gary. And I'd say Harrison is ~ Gary in strength.
Well, I wouldn't base it entirely off feats, since you need to look at the Pokémon itself too.

You could have a Raticate with 5 feats and a Mewtwo with just 1, but the Mewtwo is still a Mewtwo.

AJ97

Well, I wouldn't base it entirely off feats, since you need to look at the Pokémon itself too.

You could have a Raticate with 5 feats and a Mewtwo with just 1, but the Mewtwo is still a Mewtwo.

Pokemon can't be arbitrarily compared in the anime based on their general stats. If that were the case, Ash's Pikachu would be weaker than most of his Pokemon.

Feats are the best measure to determine how good a Pokemon is, in the anime.

MetaMantis

Pokemon can't be arbitrarily compared in the anime based on their general stats. If that were the case, Ash's Pikachu would be weaker than most of his Pokemon.

Feats are the best measure to determine how good a Pokemon is, in the anime.
Yes I know, but what I am saying is that you can't measure it on feats alone. there should be other factors that go into it.

PaperCutVictim

I guess not counting released pokemon, probably Unfezant? She didn't really do anything particularly noteworthy aside from the battle against Skyla. Maybe Totodile by that logic. Most of the others have some kind of feat that suggests they're at least stronger than their win rate suggests. Noivern got to blast a Zapdos into a rock pillar right after evolving, for instance. Pretty impressive, considering how powerful legendaries are typically depicted.

Totodile beat a Charizard