• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is Ash's worst League lost?

Worst league lost

• Total voters

SH65

Victory Over All!
What do you guys think is Ash's worst league lost?

My is the Kalos league because out of all the hype the battle got he still lost to Alain in (to my) the most boring way the battle with Ash-Greninja vs MC-X wasen't that good and do to the fact the the league was the B-Plot to the TF Arc makes this mine worst league lost for Ash.

Edit: And you can Pick up to Two Leagues to be your worst.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nothing is worse than the Kanto League. Team Rocket interrupted the league way too many times and the refs were lousy.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kanto wasn't Ash's fault, whereas Unova could feasibly be blamed on him for managing to slip down a place. And I like the other Kanto League matches, but Bianca should've been the one to knock Ash out if anybody. He steadily advanced through the others as he gained more experience.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
It would have been Kanto if it wasn't for the loss being followed up with more development. Johto and Hoenn was pretty standard and Ash simply lost to better trainers. Sinnoh is a little wonky but in the end it's fine since I would prefer for Ash to take out two legendaries rather than lose in normal fashion if he was going to lose anyways. Kalos was anti-climatic, but the loss itself wasn't bad. Unova though was a pretty pathetic way to go out, considering it was basically 6v5 with two of Cameron's Pokemon accomplishing nothing with Lucario having plot armor on it's side. The battle itself was dull and the ending was just bad.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It would have been Kanto if it wasn't for the loss being followed up with more development. Johto and Hoenn was pretty standard and Ash simply lost to better trainers. Sinnoh is a little wonky but in the end it's fine since I would prefer for Ash to take out two legendaries rather than lose in normal fashion if he was going to lose anyways. Kalos was anti-climatic, but the loss itself wasn't bad. Unova though was a pretty pathetic way to go out, considering it was basically 6v5 with two of Cameron's Pokemon accomplishing nothing with Lucario having plot armor on it's side. The battle itself was dull and the ending was just bad.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. All of the losses are justified except Unova.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Nothing compares to his loss to Richie in the first league. That was just plain painful when Charizard refused to obey and Ash lost the match.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I’m inclined to put Kanto due to the TRio interference, nonsensical refereeing and horrendous batttle choreography though what saves it is the Charizard disobedience. Ash had 2 months to train for the league yet not once did he even try to solve Charizard’s disobedience issue, so Charizard’s actions in the league cannot be blamed on anyone except Ash, and like Oak said, Ash has only himself to blame for the loss. Ultimately the loss did serve as good development for Ash which is what keeps it away from being the absolute worst. Ash vs Cameron especially Pikachu vs Lucario as a battle is leagues above Ash vs Ritchie but as a loss... NO; just NO. Loosing to a moron who doesn’t even know that a full battle is 6 vs 6 has to be the most disgraceful experience Ash has ever faced in this show and completely went against his well established progression from OS -> DP (to be fair BW as a series went against OS -> DP in terms of who Ash was as a trainer and person with Ash vs Cameron cementing just what a catastrophe that series truly was.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I would say Unova League but chose Kanto League because of how Charizard cost him the match (or was that another match?) Either way, Kanto League was trash I'd rather not remember. At least Pikachu and Riolu went out with a fight and Riolu evolved which by DEM laws, secured his winning. Also, Cameron did eventually lose to Virgil and the Unova Champion had a rightful person to own that title.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It should not be a question, unnova league loss takes the cake in terms of being way beyond stupid. Kanto is understndable since it was his first loss and hoenn, johto and kalos losses were to better trainers whereas in sinnoh he looked good in defeat compare this to unnova what was the reson, the entire ash reset thing was big blunder which led to eople dissing BW to this day.

Red and Blue

I'm pleasantly surprised that only 1 person voted for Kalos League. I was almost expecting it to be in the lead.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
People hyped up Ash winning the league to the moon and back, even though it was obvious he could easily lose as well. When the result came, there was more salt after that loss than in all the world's oceans.

I was already predicting that Ash would lose if Alain was involved in the league,and look what happened.I'm sure a lot of people expected Ash to win the Sinnoh League as well.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'd say Kalos League, but it is not for reasons people tend to describe. At least the others were memorable (or memorably stupid) or in the case of Sinnoh, epic, but the Kalos League was boring. If we just judged it on the basis of being the culmination of a badge quest, it sucked because of how boring the whole battle was. Hell, the battle before it was more visually stunning and actually overshadowed the whole final battle. To make the final battle so unmemorable outside of its outcome is, to say the least, just bad.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'd say Kalos League, but it is not for reasons people tend to describe. At least the others were memorable (or memorably stupid) or in the case of Sinnoh, epic, but the Kalos League was boring. If we just judged it on the basis of being the culmination of a badge quest, it sucked because of how boring the whole battle was. Hell, the battle before it was more visually stunning and actually overshadowed the whole final battle. To make the final battle so unmemorable outside of its outcome is, to say the least, just bad.

Honestly, I felt Ash v Alain was like this generation's Ash v Tyson. It was still a great battle, but it was hampered by false hype.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I'm pleasantly surprised that only 1 person voted for Kalos League. I was almost expecting it to be in the lead.

The loss against Alain wasn't bad because Alain is actually strong, but not unfair and the fight itself was pretty decent. People were just salty that he didn't won the league, but the battle itself and how Ash lost was fine.

In terms of writing, the Kanto league loss was the worst. Unova was bad as well and in Sinnoh he lost against a last minute character with legendaries without any explaination of Tobias's past with them and how he actually get his pokemon

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Think about it,Ash could have defeated Ritchie had his Charizard obeyed him at the time,and more than likely defeat Assunta who was down to her last pokemon against Ritchie.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Think about it,Ash could have defeated Ritchie had his Charizard obeyed him at the time,and more than likely defeat Assunta who was down to her last pokemon against Ritchie.
Yet Ash never even bothered to try addressing Charizard’s disobedience despite having 2 months to prepare for the league. I mean did it just never occur to him that maybe he should try to straighten out his relationship with the Pokémon that won him 2 out of his 3 legitimately badges or was he just too scared about getting roasted alive?