• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is manga

Firefury12

Most Epic Trainer
what is manga plz answer thank you

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh god, it finally happened.

Manga is the Japanese word for comic (as in comic books).

In non-Japanese countries (like the U.S), we use the word manga for any comic that is from Japan

In Japan itself the word manga is used for all comics, regardless of their country of origin.

Firefury12

Most Epic Trainer
Oh god, it finally happened.

Manga is the Japanese word for comic (as in comic books).

In non-Japanese countries (like the U.S), we use the word manga for any comic that is from Japan

In Japan itself the word manga is used for all comics, regardless of their country of origin.

ty. btw i am not big on foreign comics and i know very little about pokemon outside of the video games.
also where can i buy these at

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
You can buy the Pokemon manga in pretty much any bookstore like Barnes and Noble. They're generally in the children's section, what with Pokemon being a kid-targeted series and all.

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
This is a list of all of the volumes of Pokémon Special, arguably the most well-known Pokémon manga, that have been published in English outside of Singapore as Pokémon Adventures. I highly recommend that if you have any interest in it, you should give it a shot. If you don't want to spend the money, you can go to your favorite book store or library and check it out there.

Last edited: