• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is something you want to introduce to people?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
  • Tower of God, it's a great webtoon that can fill that shonen sweetooth your looking for and if adapted into an anime properly, could even compete against One Piece considering it's setting.
  • Pokemon Adventures, I'm never gonna stop recommending this manga to my fellow Pokemon and JoJo fans. How much do you need to be convinced? Awesome stories! Intense battles! Some of the best written characters you'll ever see. A full-grown man riding into battle on a penguin!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles, my favorite JRPG series so far. I love the combat, the open-world, the story, the characters, the themes and manly tears it invokes! Some day I wish one of the games would be adapted into an anime.
  • Miyazaki Films are always great.
  • Monster Hunter, the game series is never big on story but it is big on lore and I love how each monster is basically one giant boss fight.
  • Sin & Punishment, this is like Nintendo's answer to Neon Genesis Evangelion only somewhat incomplete. If there were three kings of Nintendo rail shooters, Sin & Punishment would be one of them.
  • Korean Fried Chicken... is BEST FRIED CHICKEN!
  • Kubera: One Last God, another great webtoon and honestly this is kind of hard to recommend to people because people often get turned off by it's simple artstyle but I still recommend it for the story. I promise you, reading Kubera: One Last God will you lead you into a state of depression you probably have never experienced before! It's that good!
  • Street food in East Asia is awesome! Well... China is a bit unique. You know how people joke about Chinese diverse taste in food? Have you ever had scorpion on a stick? They sell them in China grilled, no joke.
  • Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs is in my opinion probably the most underrated Pokemon spinoff even though it sold well. Seriously, the Serebii guides need a bit updating on this game, there are no video reviews of this as far as I know, I rarely hear people talk about this game. This game is seriously underrated and yet the graphics are really pretty for a DS game that sometimes you mistake it for a 3DS launch title and it's got some of the more interesting cheesy villains you'll see.
  • Mistborn, one of my favorite book series that deals with the question of what if the Dark Lord character archetype, like Darth Vader, Lord Voldemort, Sauron, actually won, defeated the heroes and formed his own society and from there we see a group of rebels attempting to overthrow this Dark Lord character who won and also the disastrous effects that come with it after he's overthrown.
  • Golden Sun. So I played the first one and I got around to finishing Dark Dawn which felt incomplete and this is one of the series I hope we get to see revived on the Nintendo Switch in a new HD title. Like imagine those giant Djinn summons in the GBA games come to life in FULL HI-DEFINITION 3D! Awesome right?
  • Detective Pikachu the video game. So in my opinion, I like the movie but I think the video game is so much better than the movie even though it's really simple and easy that this was clearly designed for a children's audience in mind, I mean that it feels like it's only a children's audience.
  • Mountains! Mountains all over through Eastern Asia. If you ever visit any of the countries of East Asia, you should make time in hiking a mountain there!
  • Coconut milk. If you haven't tasted Coconut milk from an actual coconut... WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?!
  • Promare, oh man. That was an awesome animated movie by the guys who did Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagaan. If you love animation, go see this movie!

Last edited:

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Umineko no Naku Koro ni. It's just like, kapow, y'know? You expect one thing and it right hooks you with another. I'm not good at hyping stuff up, but it's an amazing visual novel that combines a bunch of different ideas and genres into a metafictional mishmash where you're not sure what's going on for most of it, but it kept me thinking about it for long after I finished it.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Sailor Moon, particularly Sailor Stars now that it's finally completed in English.

Also the anime Major as it's an unknown anime series about the main character's baseball career starting when he was like 5 and follows him all the way to his 40s.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
My novels. I plan on introducing them to people by having them published.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm pretty much a vegan these days, and I've come to love soy milk and almond milk since I no longer drink cow's milk. So I wish that more people would give these alternative milk products a chance, because they're really tasty and healthy.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I want to introduce people to the importance of mental health since there’s still a stigma around people with mental illness by grouping them as a certain word that begins with r or insane. Especially to people who think you can just “not be *insert emotion/feeling*”

Siddhar

Transcend
  • Mistborn, one of my favorite book series that deals with the question of what if the Dark Lord character archetype, like Darth Vader, Lord Voldemort, Sauron, actually won, defeated the heroes and formed his own society and from there we see a group of rebels attempting to overthrow this Dark Lord character who won and also the disastrous effects that come with it after he's overthrown.
  • Golden Sun. So I played the first one and I got around to finishing Dark Dawn which felt incomplete and this is one of the series I hope we get to see revived on the Nintendo Switch in a new HD title. Like imagine those giant Djinn summons in the GBA games come to life in FULL HI-DEFINITION 3D! Awesome right?

I was planning on buying the Mistborn books myself! I believe the first book is The Final Empire, is’t it? Coming to Golden Sun, I too wish we get another game, the first game and the Lost Age were awesome, and Dark Dawn left many things unfulfilled, like Alex’s possible family relations in Ayuthay and the ending as well.

And now to what I’d introduce to people, is Kabaddi, a traditional Indian sport that requires no equipment and is power packed. Imagine a tennis court without the net. Now there are 7 players (a team) on either side of the ‘midline’, the line that divides this court in half. Both the sides are considered halves each half belongs to the team on that half. The aim of the game is to score the maximum points in the given time. How to get points? The game starts off with one player from one of the halves entering the other team’s half. This player is the ‘raider’. They have to touch as many players on the opposing side without getting tackled(similar to rugby tackles). Suppose the raider touches two people and returns to their court safely, the players they managed to touch are removed from play until their team’s raider touches two people from the other half. This raider may be tackled and thus they are out of gameplay as well. Eventually, a team runs out of players, and this is called an ‘All Out’. All outs give you two extra points. Each touch point counts as one point, so does each tackle. So what happens is a raider gets two points, for example (the highest number of points in a single raid is six, yikes!) the other team is reduced to five players. This five player team gets thee points in a raid and then the opposing team which was ahead comes down to four players (The touched or tackled players go to the bench, if you’re wondering). And so one team eventually runs out of players. The game continues until time’s up. A team can inflict as many All outs in this given time. Generally, the game lasts for forty minutes.

If you’ve read this, thanks! And if it’s still unclear, let me know.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Not sure if this really counts, but as a fanfic writer, specifically a shipper, I want to introduce to people uncommon (and I mean it doesn't even exist levels of uncommon) shippings that I think could work out.

SerenaRulez

Tiramisu. It's so fluffy and sweet and delicious and I always ask people online if they've ever tried it but most say that they have no idea what it even is haha. I think everyone who likes coffee should try tiramisu.