• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is something you would do to fix your least favorite character?

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Dawn : evovle her quilava, get your ambipom back
Serena : Gave her Mudkip and let her finish Pokémon battle
Clemont : show some aspect that he is the 5th gym leader
GOH : use different pokeball
TR : Disappeared after BW
Grookey: Shouldn’t be catch

1. Lina from sm:
Do a makeover. Ok, u like water. So it means that u need to dye ur hair in blue? Wear only blue clothes? Very creative and unique . Other colors exist in the world.
Also, I suggest finding a proper goal in life instead of making bubbles.
And a more interesting personality would be welcome , even a rock has more charisma than this young lady

2. Kaki teenager:
Wear a shirt, how is it ok to go to school shirtless? That’s what happened when you have an inappropriate teacher to take example from. Also, he should be in high school

3. Cameron
Get a 6th Pokemon
sorry i couldn't stop laughing

Applecorp

Was gonna say give Bonnie proper trainer status but the best way to fix her character woulda been to just leave her in Lumiose instead of Clemont bringing her along with him.

Plus then he could've gotten the Squishy subplot instead of her and lets face it he desperately needed a reason to still be in the cast after he lost to Ash at the gym. Him bonding with Squishy woulda worked fine.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
While Serena is far from my least favorite character, if there was one thing I would fix about her, it would be her goal. I just don't think that idol-like goals fit in well for player character in the animé. If Shauna was a main character alongside Ash and Serena, though, I would have had no problem with her doing Showcases or even becoming an actual idol. Instead, I'd have Serena be a battler of some sort, preferably either a Sky Trainer or have her take on a Battle Chateau challenge, with maybe the finals of that taking place in the Battle Maison, with the Battle Maison Trainers being her version of the Elite Four. That could keep her from steeping on Ash's toes during his gym challenge. And if they had her win her challenge, it could also push him to win the Kalos League as well. And while I'm no shipper, I also think that making her a battler would really go a long way for Amourshipping. If anything, the fact that she's not a battler in any way is one of the reasons why I think that Amourshipping is less likely to go anywhere in the future (what little of it is left for the current series) than some of the other potential ships, but if she were a battler, it would rocket Amourshipping right to the top of the shipping tier list by far, especially since she already has a crush on him. Even non-shippers like me wouldn't be able to avoid seeing its potential.

Bendicion

Water Master
I really felt that May never really grew much as a character. She stumbled into contests and almost instantly mastered them pretty early on, because of course she couldn't go on disliking Pokemon for the entire season. Dawn, by comparison, really struggled: she went through loss after loss, had to get her priorities straight, and there was a clear progression in her character and in her strategies, as she spent so much time training - on-screen - with Ash. However May was rarely, if ever, shown training and practicing for a competent win, instead relying on luck, "hax", and borderline deus ex machina for her wins. May is the kind of character who opens the episode with "My Pokemon and I have been training extra hard!".

May was never really more than a side character with a side character's amount of screen-time and character development. If she needed to train and learn a new strategy, she did it off-screen. Hell, her contests were sometimes off-screen as Ash went off to train and the show focused on him. Where as characters that came after her by comparison, practically upstaged Ash and took control of the anime for themselves, more than once. I was really impressed by the amount of thought and attention given to them, and found myself empathising with them so much more.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would've given Kenji [Tracey] more of a personality. His sketching hobby was basically his only notable trait, but that wasn't interesting enough to make his character stand out. Also, I would've changed his entire design because frankly, he's dull to look at.

SatoSereFan224888

She would've become a Champion in B2W2 anyways and then shown up in Journeys again 10 years later, so that would've been more than 1 episode.
I was talking about about the Unova saga. She would have been a gym leader.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Have Chloe be inspired by ash and have her goal to be a champion

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Iris being a Champion felt like she was still a Dratini in a sea full of Rayquaza. Girl can't really ever be seen succeeding while the spotlight is on her, with only people having to praise her growth as just the only thing that makes her Goh by. It's like she has only won against Georgia (cheaply) since we last saw her.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Iris being a Champion felt like she was still a Dratini in a sea full of Rayquaza. Girl can't really ever be seen succeeding while the spotlight is on her, with only people having to praise her growth as just the only thing that makes her Goh by. It's like she has only won against Georgia (cheaply) since we last saw her.

here's what I don't get, there are some people (don't want to name them specifically to make them angry in fear of hating and not talking to me) who feel that Iris becoming champion gave her vindication, but I ask from what?

I don't recall her being that bad of a battler in BW, and that was long before she got Dragonite, which I feel was also forced onto her because they made her champion in the BW sequels which came out around the time frame she got it. Her personality and dynamic with Ash could get grating at times, but I never considered her weak.

Yet she becomes Champion, and all we see her do on screen is lose, how exactly is this vindication for her?

If anyone wants to say it's not fair because we didn't see her off-screen talents, well that can apply to ALOT of things in JN's since stuff happened off-screen quite abit like Ash's training of the JN's team. If anything it's "not fair" to force her to become a champion just because they made her one in the games, because from what we saw it only hurt her more in the anime than help her, especially the fallout from her match with Cynthia because I was so mad Ash couldn't hug her and comfort her without it being seeing as a romantic gesture...and his match with her is still criticized to this day.

I honestly think she should let Alder get that title back during the current arc, she'd be better off without it.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
here's what I don't get, there are some people (don't want to name them specifically to make them angry in fear of hating and not talking to me) who feel that Iris becoming champion gave her vindication, but I ask from what?

I don't recall her being that bad of a battler in BW, and that was long before she got Dragonite, which I feel was also forced onto her because they made her champion in the BW sequels which came out around the time frame she got it. Her personality and dynamic with Ash could get grating at times, but I never considered her weak.

Yet she becomes Champion, and all we see her do on screen is lose, how exactly is this vindication for her?

If anyone wants to say it's not fair because we didn't see her off-screen talents, well that can apply to ALOT of things in JN's since stuff happened off-screen quite abit like Ash's training of the JN's team. If anything it's "not fair" to force her to become a champion just because they made her one in the games, because from what we saw it only hurt her more in the anime than help her, especially the fallout from her match with Cynthia because I was so mad Ash couldn't hug her and comfort her without it being seeing as a romantic gesture...and his match with her is still criticized to this day.

I honestly think she should let Alder get that title back during the current arc, she'd be better off without it.
People don't care about the how or why or the details. They just care that it happened and that it happened makes it automatically "good" since now "it is".
They think that since this happened the haters got owned and they won since "she won" since "she got something". That despite all the hate she got back then her becoming a Champion, means "she won against the hate". That they "won" against all the hate as Irisfans and they were rewarded for enduring it all these years through her becoming a Champion.
It doesn't matter if all she did was lose since she became Champion. No matter the how or why she became a Champion, no matter if all she did after becoming a Champion was lose, her becoming a Champion is a "plus" overall.
It's very vapid and surface-level reasoning.